BAM Groep

BAM Groep Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
working in IT can be hard, when there is not enough of you compared to the amount of users, i have learned alot on the job, management is a bit iffy they dont seem to know where they are sat, hardest part is trying to keep up to date with calls when you havnt got enough time. most enjoyable part is the people you work with.
This group of companies, especially Bam FM are a shambles ran by incompetent buffoons.

There are so many fake positive reviews by stooges it is laughable, Bam are a complete disaster to be avoided at all costs.

You have been warned!
Pros
You can leave
Cons
Every day is like smashing your head against a brick wall.
OMG What can I say!!!!!!!
Brilliant to start with as I got a bronze award for excelent services covering three cleaners that were off sick at the School!

I didn't have to do this work but I did to help out Somerset Bridge Primary School and got commended for the work I don in 2018.

I loved my job then the bullying started by the Buisness Manager and the Office Manager who I did't trust from day one as I was told about them by other members of staff!

2020 came and it got worse as they tried to get me on a disiplinary but I won the day. Come March 2020 the done it again just before my 2 years wwere up and they found fault after fault with my work when I was ill with Coronavirus! I the end they got me & sacked me ofer nothing!

I took a lot of verball abuse by one member of staff and on my private messenger and a cleaner attacked two members of staff and abused me!

It was long hours but I got on with it. I even done over an hours voluntry work a day for the children & the school for NO thanks at all!

I loved many of the staff but Managment were a disgrace as well as my Line Manager who was a compleat bully! A nasty person to work for!!!

PLEASE DON'T WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
a good company to work for lots of company staff parties at xmas
as was mobile and work on my own must of the time having the managing own work time
Pros
company car and travel expnes
Cons
could be lomg days
Each of the days is different as each project is different. I learnt about all the different disciplines within construction as I was on my training scheme.
BAM is a relaxed place to work, with many professions working under the same roof for the betterment of the project, this provides an exciting workplace and coming to work exciting
In my time with Bam Construct UK, I have found that everyone from Site Managers to Senior directors are great people to get along with, easy going and easy to talk too.
One problem I had with them was when I started as a Site Supervisor 32 weeks ago all was fine then Bam got rid of the term Supervisor when asked by the site administrator what my role title now was no one could answer.

Other than that it is a great place to work
Pros
Great family oriented company
Cons
Agency money not that great
The Hemel Hempstead office standard response to every question is “computer says no”. A horrendous management team who have absolutely no idea how to run a business.

Most of the engineers are also completely useless, they are losing contracts left, right and centre.
Pros
Pays slightly more than minimum wage
Cons
Totally demoralising working in such a shambles
Had a short period of work experience with BAM working with a fantastic team and getting a great insight into the operations of the business form all aspects.
This job was interesting they taught me things that i didn't know before. Also two of my friends were working the same place as i was and we learned working together as a team.
Pros
Relaxed Breaks
I have enjoyed working for bam fm over the last 10 years and has been a fantastic company to work for. I have managed to do quite a lot of different job roles while working for bam fm inc some caretaking jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Split shifts during day
Swiss Cottage school camden is just one example of a truly awful and loss making project that has been mismanaged from day 1 and several years on is still very problematic. If you want to hate your job and be surrounded by incompetence then BAM is the company for you.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
Everything.
Another company who couldn’t care less about its staff, you are just a number and a poorly paid one at that. The quality of work Bam produce is the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
They’ll emply anyone with a pulse.
Cons
They never pay what’s promised
Tasks involved to complete computer generated costings building/designs/merchandise/materials, report to seniors to clarify and ensure tasks completed correctly. Learned various formats and procedures carried out to complete given tasks on company database. Time management was crucial and helped control workload through effective planning and organising skills. Work ethos was respect and support each other at any given opportunity. Hardest part job becoming familiar with company protocols/policies as allot of information to absorb and process. Most enjoyable part of job was being treated as equal member of team and not just seen as temporary work colleague, having also got to meet and work with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds and skills.
Pros
Good work ethos
Cons
limited time to learn vast company procedures ect.
Do a separate search for Bam FM (recruiters deliberately try and mislead by using Bam construction reviews).

Awful company and dire reputation within the sector for exceptionally poor levels of customer and employee satisfaction.

Very high staff turnover for obvious reasons, definitely one to avoid!
Pros
You can get away with murder due to very poor managers
Cons
Totally demoralising to work for.
Recruiters deliberately mislead candidates by using this construction side to hide Bam Fm reviews (do a separate search). Bam FM are truly awful and have revolving doors for staff who don’t stay once they realise the truth.
Pros
You can leave
Cons
Shoddy practices are rife.
As a work experience student I felt very supported in the roles I encountered ie: Quantity Surveyor, Site Engineer and Site Manager. I loved being part of the working team.
Bam has thought me alot about the construction industry and I am very thank full of this as I have been given chances to improve on area's that I struggle with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
working here is good fun but always a hard shift, i enjoy the challenge however if you work hard the rewards are there to enjoy.The biggest thing is watching a project develop from the screen to reality to eventual completion.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
This was a placement week for BAM as I am doing my HNC Construction course.

A typical day was a cup tea in the morning and plan the tasks for the day, Each day I spend around two hours on site and picked up valuable stills on how a project is run and what procedures are done to make sure the project runs as smoothy as possible.

Site visits were useful as I could get to see the work taking place and understand the ways of working in a site environment.

In the office I had a look at the contracts which were in place between the sub contractors and main contractor and sub contractors linked to that to get to see the overall structure of the business and project they were working on.

I went over health and safety on site and also the programme of works for the day, known as the commissioning programme. I also had a look at the software Rev-it and the overall design of the building in 3 D format. this was where you could see all the services withing the building and how they all worked for each part.

one thing a liked about working with B.A.M was that everyone within the office works together to come to a agreement as to what needs to be done next and to keep everyone up to speed as the project is happening.

The most enjoyable part pf the job was working on site and getting to see the [project being build, it was the spinning fields No 1 Project and so the scale of the job as big. going up to the top floor and looking out on to Manchester was also really good to see.

On the week placement I learnt Contracts, Health and Safety, Software, Site setups,
 - more...
Pros
long lunch break
Once again a company that goes against common sense online and wants your National Insurance number on their application form. When will the general guidelines for safety online be adopted by the companies that use websites?