Bam Construct UK Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Worcester25 February 2019
In my time with Bam Construct UK, I have found that everyone from Site Managers to Senior directors are great people to get along with, easy going and easy to talk too.
One problem I had with them was when I started as a Site Supervisor 32 weeks ago all was fine then Bam got rid of the term Supervisor when asked by the site administrator what my role title now was no one could answer.
Other than that it is a great place to work
Pros
Great family oriented company
Cons
Agency money not that great
Fun work place.
Caretaker/Handyman (Former Employee) –  Bristol7 January 2019
This job was interesting they taught me things that i didn't know before. Also two of my friends were working the same place as i was and we learned working together as a team.
Pros
Relaxed Breaks
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 November 2018
I have enjoyed working for bam fm over the last 10 years and has been a fantastic company to work for. I have managed to do quite a lot of different job roles while working for bam fm inc some caretaking jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Split shifts during day
Major financial problems with shoddy PFI
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire26 September 2018
Swiss Cottage school camden is just one example of a truly awful and loss making project that has been mismanaged from day 1 and several years on is still very problematic. If you want to hate your job and be surrounded by incompetence then BAM is the company for you.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
Everything.
Do not mistake this for Bam Fm
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead12 April 2018
Do a separate search for Bam FM (recruiters deliberately try and mislead by using Bam construction reviews).

Awful company and dire reputation within the sector for exceptionally poor levels of customer and employee satisfaction.

Very high staff turnover for obvious reasons, definitely one to avoid!
Pros
You can get away with murder due to very poor managers
Cons
Totally demoralising to work for.
Great experience
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull14 February 2018
As a work experience student I felt very supported in the roles I encountered ie: Quantity Surveyor, Site Engineer and Site Manager. I loved being part of the working team.
Grate place to wprk
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 November 2017
Bam has thought me alot about the construction industry and I am very thank full of this as I have been given chances to improve on area's that I struggle with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and relaxed place to work
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 May 2017
This was a placement week for BAM as I am doing my HNC Construction course.

A typical day was a cup tea in the morning and plan the tasks for the day, Each day I spend around two hours on site and picked up valuable stills on how a project is run and what procedures are done to make sure the project runs as smoothy as possible.

Site visits were useful as I could get to see the work taking place and understand the ways of working in a site environment.

In the office I had a look at the contracts which were in place between the sub contractors and main contractor and sub contractors linked to that to get to see the overall structure of the business and project they were working on.

I went over health and safety on site and also the programme of works for the day, known as the commissioning programme. I also had a look at the software Rev-it and the overall design of the building in 3 D format. this was where you could see all the services withing the building and how they all worked for each part.

one thing a liked about working with B.A.M was that everyone within the office works together to come to a agreement as to what needs to be done next and to keep everyone up to speed as the project is happening.

The most enjoyable part pf the job was working on site and getting to see the [project being build, it was the spinning fields No 1 Project and so the scale of the job as big. going up to the top floor and looking out on to Manchester was also really good to see.

On the week placement I learnt Contracts, Health and Safety, Software, Site setups,
  more... programme of works and Quantity Surveying.  less
Pros
long lunch break
National Insurance numbers
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester20 January 2017
Once again a company that goes against common sense online and wants your National Insurance number on their application form. When will the general guidelines for safety online be adopted by the companies that use websites?
school work experiance
work experiance (Former Employee) –  birmingham16 January 2017
i learned how to be responsible to my peers and enjoyed working with all walks of life it was a work experience and placement from school and i found it challenging but really rewarding
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
i dont really have any cons
Productive workplace
Handyman assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2016
The best site i ever worked on. Everyone is friendly, and there's loads of work. All the site managers, and project manager are very nice, and it's got a very busy atmosphere which everyone enjoys.
Pros
Break
Cons
N/a
Working in pleasant atmosphere .
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frome2 March 2016
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, they
provide continuing learning and development opportunities
wi
thin a creative and considerate work environment.
Pros
holiday at half term
Cons
not enough hours