Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Happy safe workplace
lighting changeover/new builds (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 March 2019
Worked on new hospital from scratch in Edinburgh city centre for over a year.Wire armours fuseboards pulled in cabelling on long runs down corridors for power/lighting alarm detection gear.Worked at new recycling centre near Bathgate fitting out offices work areas .Wired and fittedemergency lighting in rooms and corridors.
Pros
Good safety briefings
Cons
Long shifts
Productive and Hardworking workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 March 2019
During my time at Balfour Beatty, I had a real feel for the work environment and enjoyed working with my colleagues to complete our given tasks. The time given in a day to complete a task seemed like an achievable limit and allowed us to complete our work to the requested design of the tracks.
Patching crew
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  London13 March 2019
Patching crew beware this job is not for tarmac this is to get you on a company called cps a absolute joke firm run by incompetent managers your life’s will be at risk as this is motorway work your one and only job will be picking up litter of the motorway nothing more degrading than working here soul destroying stay clear much better places to work you have been warned
Pros
Sitting in a room looking at a concrete wall
Cons
Sitting in a room looking at a concrete wall lol
Effective Management
Project Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  London3 March 2019
You are clear what you are supposed to do. Very lean management structure. Opportunities to progress in the organisation. Salary packages are fine, but can be better.
Pros
Good working environment
Benefits
No career development
Design Management (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2019
All good when they got a role for you. When the project winds down you get no support. They kick you out as soon as possible. There is a lack of people relationship environment.
Pros
Some decent engineers to work with
Cons
Some of the Management and HR have no clue what they are suppose to be doing. Also salary not great
Engineers are treated badly
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  derby26 February 2019
Engineers are treated badly.
The pay is below average.
No advancement opportunities.
I would advise to avoid working for Balfour Beatty Specialist Services
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2019
worked on a tunnel project ,had lots of training ang gained most of my knowledge of the construction, industry ,made some good freinds when i was there
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire20 February 2019
A working day involves completing tasks set on time and in accordance with the high standards set why the firm. What I learnt was how to be more organised and learnt vital experience and gained knowledge.
Excitng place to work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 February 2019
Works varies daily, lots of new projects which attracts the best talent. Very good graduate and apprentice scheme. Lots of support to both the emerging talent population and managers alike.
Pros
Culture, Learning & Development
great job
link site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Channel tunnel rail link bridges15 February 2019
this again was a great job i learnt a lot and to gained experience and they soon discoverd my potential and was made up very quickly in the ranks , loved working in this environment and would love to get back into construction
Pros
great project
great place to progress.
Senior Civil Engineer / Sub-Agent (Current Employee) –  Berkshire4 February 2019
My time at Balfour Beatty has so far being an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. I have progressed extremely well within the project by moving from a senior engineer position into a sub-agent position running my own package of works. Balfour Beatty have a fantastic culture with great health and safety standards and high end quality procedures.
Pros
good career progression
Partnerships
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 January 2019
Whilst working on the Highways Framework we fostered some excellent relationships with the entire supply chain from client to designers to subcontractors and suppliers
Assistant Commercial Engineer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom21 January 2019
Great place to work and supportive with training. The company provides substantial backing and support during training, however, the business fails to reward staff on completion of qualifications.
"They wanted us out"
HGV Driver class 2 (Former Employee) –  South East19 January 2019
Balfour Beatty took the Council Highways contract over and from day 1 people were leaving in droves.Supposed to be on same council contract/holidays but that soon changed.Accused people of doing things so they could get rid.Lying scheming managers.We were drainage team,and our tankers were soon gone replaced by contractors.If this company was the last company to work for they would get the middle finger from me.They came in and ruined the whole system let alone peoples lives/careers.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt lying managers.
Good Environment and area to work at
Facilities Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London23 December 2018
• Delivering exceptional services to internal and external agents
• Receiving phone calls from external clients for the head office
• Auditing conference and business suite rooms
• Ordering faulty or missing equipment including computing devices
• Carrying out reception duties and receiving post
• Managing fire warden responsibilities including staff and external contractors’ evacuation
Good company and reasonably has looked after their employees.
Design Technician Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire23 December 2018
It is a multi-disciplinaries well stablish contractors work on wide range of projects. It is a good company and reasonably has looked after their employees. They have good long-term program for their graduates.
Cons
All civils lads are great all management are corrupt and bullies bunch of toss pots.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, England21 December 2018
Indeed all the paper paper work looks amazing and striking however they don't practice what they preach so therefore bunch of tossers management discrimination and bullies, I have just had it first hand with 9 years of service, corrupt company as always.
Good company to work for
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derby10 December 2018
Good working environment
Approachable managers
Friendly working atmosphere
Nice facilities and offices

I really can't add much else other than they've been very enjoyable to work for so far
Fun Office
Admini Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK9 December 2018
Was a great office to work in. I was covering a role of an assistant and it could get really busy in an instant however it is a great line of work. Learned how to manage time and focus on important tasks and using Adobe InDesign.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Spend most time by computer.
Lovely place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kings Heath, West Midlands5 December 2018
It has to be one of my best temping jobs ever. All the staff were friendly, and made me feel more than welcome from the day I had the interview.

I was kind of just left to do my own thing with no one checking up on me, but the good thing is that everything would be done, and when I wanted more to do there was nothing, just to sit and wait for the phone to ring.
Pros
The trust factor
Cons
nothing I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.