Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Educational and good future
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 January 2018
I can't fault balfour beatty for the health and safety they provide throughout and persistent on on their employment rules and regulations that keep everyone safe at work and to the public
Pros
Professional future
Work Environment
Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Surrey8 January 2018
Enjoyable with a lot of experiences and fun, I did have great days with whole team and staff in this project, as I am looking to meet them again in future.
bad management
multi skilled operative (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands5 January 2018
worst company i have worked for e.g.
letting my tickets run out not renewing them in time,
saying to busy for me to go on training course to renew qualifications,
no change of getting pay rise,
no upward chain,
promise bonuses but when you reach targets for bonus time and time again you never receive the promised bonus,
but management get their bonuses.
Pros
its a job
Cons
management
Great company
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 January 2018
This was a temporary position. The company were great to work for and fully supportive of their staff. The salary was good and reflected the job role. I was given great training and enjoyed the role very much.. I am now looking to find a care role however as I missed the contact with patients.
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Essex21 December 2017
Good place to work. Good money. Good benefits. Big company. Good training team. Short working week. Good work life balance. Good earning potential. Very happy to work here.
good firm
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire20 December 2017
excellent working envirement during my three years building a new road in bedford i would defi itely reccomend working for them given chance i had to relocate due to the birth of my son or would still be there
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no training
Site Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NNDR Norwich20 December 2017
great company they really value all staff. Learning and development of there staff is always ongoing. Long days and its worth it.
Worked now for 5 years and i have loved every minute
Pros
free fruit
Poor place to work
Maintenance and installation operative (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire12 December 2017
Organisation is very poor. No training. No benefits very low wage for the job that you are doing. Managers/supervisors are not approachable to discuss about your problems and needs. Cannot wait to find a new job with a happier environment!
Cons
No training. Bad management. Low salary
Undervalued and underpaid
Street lighting operative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge4 December 2017
No prospects of moving up the ladder unless you are in the click. Everyone on different hourly rates despite having identical skills. Management are just blagging a living and only look after their friends amongst the group. Management are not approachable to discuss concerns with.

Can’t wait to find a new job to show balfours what they’ll be missing when I leave.
Pros
Cons
dangerous job with no rewards.
Balfour Beatty
Trackman foreman (Current Employee) –  London18 November 2017
NO LIFE when you work on track, it’s almost 7 days a week I have a family and I’m never home to see them had enough on track, badly run company and are about to loose the contract
Pros
Cons
No social life
Time of Change
Finance Manager, Enabling Functions (EF) (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf7 November 2017
I joined as an Interim to implement new processes following a time where back office staff had interviewed for their jobs and many weren't appointed roles. It was a difficult time, culturally. Most staff were committed to the transition to improvement.

I met some amazing people and really enjoyed my time at Balfour Beatty and made many good friends.
Pros
Great people, able to work from home.
Cons
Long hours at month end
Big company with a big reputation but job security is poor.
Unwilling to say (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 November 2017
A massive company who will hire and make make people redundant without much thought or consideration. Offers no job security what so ever. However i have managed to survive over 10 years but been on redundancy notice 6 times in the 10 years.
Pros
reputation
Cons
Job security
progression
Cost Administrator (Current Employee) –  Slough23 October 2017
You could try to move up but it won't happen. Within my department we don't even feel wanted or needed. It dishartens you and makes you hate your job. I've asked multiple times for extra learning so that I can gain a qualification but my words fall on deaf ears.
great place
Electricians Mate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 October 2017
Great place, was very hard at work most on the time which I love in a work place. took there time to teach me things I didn't know. typical day at work would be wiring and fixing control panels with electricians
Large FM Company
Mechanical & Electrical Technical Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down16 October 2017
I was transferred under TUPE and was not with the company long enough to make a fill assessment. I was then made redundant following review of operations.
Pros
Large Company With Backup
Cons
Made Redundant
Nice job
Slinger/Banksman (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London13 October 2017
Balfour beatty is looking for a working safety all the time and the site was very clean (house keeping)
The programme was bad because is no chance to work overtime after 18 Pm
productive workplace
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Worsley, Greater Manchester12 October 2017
Balfour Beatty is a great work place to start a career and has a lot of great employees to work with also the work is challenging and lots of fun, i enjoyed working there.
great first experiance
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Hayes11 October 2017
overall my time with balfour beatty was work experience therefore there are specific point I can't comment on such as salary. this was my first time on a workplace therefore it was overall a great experience where I learnt various different skills such working as part of a team, communication on site, safety on site and many others. working with multiple members of staff overall made the workplace culture a lot better and more enjoyable.
Pros
experiance
Exiting project
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  M5 Junction 4a-69 October 2017
Started as a site engineer to look after installation of the road works such as crash barrie, lighting columns, street furniture, and then supervising road surfacing and the brige construction joints.
Preperation of the permit to dig and as build drawings.
Challenging, inspiring and productive
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
I have been working for Balfour Beatty for 3 years now and I can say it seems I started yesterday.

The environment , co-workers and managers have been supportive , hard workers, platforms where to learn from and fun particularly

I am enjoying every time working for BB and I am grateful for all I have learnt so far but it is now time for new challenges I am ready for.

These past years for BB and Crossrail have helped me strengthen my skills and expertise which together with my educational background can be a further asset for my future employer.
Pros
Travel expenses covered
Cons
not many Data Consultancy roles available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.