Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Never know if your job is safe
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 September 2018
Recently was made permanent and was achieving what the job role asked me to do to be told within 4 weeks that I’m been made redundant. Waste of my time and also the company.
I’ve worked there twice and on this occasion I’ve noticed how clicky staff are, if your face don’t fit then that’s it. The team will make it clear.
Pros
Met some nice people there
Cons
Clicky teams, poor wages for expectations.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 September 2018
This is a great place to work, while it is a busy office it is very laid back the managers want the employees to feel this is a great place to work. You get a sense of ownership in the tasks you do and feel good when tasks you have worked hard on come to fruition.
Pros
They offer benefits to employees and social activities
Productive Workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Working alongside the rail engineers and attending meetings pertaining to the safety processes required by a lone working engineer, gave me a better look into the processes needed to keep engineers safe and accidents low.
Pipe later minner (Current Employee) –  Anywhere14 August 2018
Would recommend to anyone great place to work everyone is very friendly and helpful have had nearly 10 quality years hear great for anyone starting out in the company
Pros
Benafits
Cons
No overtime
Not bad
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 July 2018
Good people but the place isn't that great. Poor processes and no confidence in the senior management team. Lack of training and personal development and pay is lower than industry pay.
Good place to work at
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Wendsbury25 July 2018
Was my best workplace and wages, a nice place to work at friendly atmosphere and good working conditions, was very sad day for us all when we was all made redundant.
Pros
Good clean environment too work in
Cons
Lack of work
Just another job in another office, easily forgotten
Helpline Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield22 July 2018
Not a bad place to work, although management are quite poor, don't listen to staff half of the time and do their own thing. Understaffed and overworked.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not valued
productive and good place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worsley, Greater Manchester21 July 2018
enjoyed working here
the most enjoyable part were the people built good friendships with , learnt a lot on the job.
management were good and fair.
could progress here
Trainee Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sellafield21 June 2018
Good company to work for always help to benefit your career and help to influence your career path. Always available, lots of different jobs available
Pros
Good progress available
Fantastic Opportunities
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London18 June 2018
Balfour Beatty has been a great company to work for due to their vast amounts of opportunities for people looking to get into the industry. They offer many benefits including training and other ‘Balfour Beatty Benefits’.
Pros
Travel expenses
Cons
Long hours due to studying

Want to know more about Balfour Beatty?

Ask a question
Some good opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bamber Bridge15 June 2018
I learnt a lot working here, also enjoyed the colleages I worked with. Did a lot of in-house customer service training here including Customer at the heart, Presentation training, using new systems.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Not a fair company
Poor place of work
Connections Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Worsley12 June 2018
A lot is expected of you at Balfour Beatty, with average pay and zero bonuses/benefits in return. Despite a strong and sociable workforce it is still a frustrating place of work
Review
Electrical Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Capenhurst8 June 2018
Work at Balfour Beatty was a new step in my career. I worked as part of the commissioning team to commission and energise equipment on the new TMF Project in Capenhurst
good place to work
leading trackman (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station4 June 2018
on a day to day shift we would maintain track and renew and remodel areas of london bridge as per plane
it can be very hard work at times trying not to disrupt trains going in and out of london bridge
Great Environment offsite and onsite
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 May 2018
During my work experience I looked at loads of different jobs on and off site, everyone who I was placed with were always very kind and anyone I met around the company were always willing to help and have a good laugh. During my 2 weeks there I learnt a lot about the company and about all the different roles that are used inside the company to make projects work.
productive
Planning and Delivery Manager London and Kent (Former Employee) –  London30 May 2018
Was brought into the role to align with the client rail business. Got a good knowledge of the contracting process and the difficulties they have with clients.
Pros
Let alone to do my job
Cons
Timelines for delivery very tight
Productive and fun workplace
Traine Q.S (Former Employee) –  Picadilly Circus29 May 2018
a fun workplace with great people, medium to fast paced working, vert professional environment but still relaxed. great management team who are understanding and positive.
Good Workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
This is a good place to work, there are lots of opportunities to grow and network. Due to the fact that the company is so large you get to see a lot of the country.
Pros
Good Workplace
Cons
Pay
great
Network Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester18 May 2018
Great place to work. Great pay great people, shame I had to leave the job due to other commitments. interesting place to work with lots of differnt things happening
Has been a good company to work with
Fabrication Sales Engineer/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kintore17 May 2018
Enjoyed my time with Balfour Beatty until the last year as ruthless changes are being made and we have watched a vibrant money making part of the business being pulled apart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.