Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Some good opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bamber Bridge15 June 2018
I learnt a lot working here, also enjoyed the colleages I worked with. Did a lot of in-house customer service training here including Customer at the heart, Presentation training, using new systems.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Not a fair company
Poor place of work
Connections Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Worsley12 June 2018
A lot is expected of you at Balfour Beatty, with average pay and zero bonuses/benefits in return. Despite a strong and sociable workforce it is still a frustrating place of work
Review
Electrical Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Capenhurst8 June 2018
Work at Balfour Beatty was a new step in my career. I worked as part of the commissioning team to commission and energise equipment on the new TMF Project in Capenhurst
good place to work
leading trackman (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station4 June 2018
on a day to day shift we would maintain track and renew and remodel areas of london bridge as per plane
it can be very hard work at times trying not to disrupt trains going in and out of london bridge
Great Environment offsite and onsite
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 May 2018
During my work experience I looked at loads of different jobs on and off site, everyone who I was placed with were always very kind and anyone I met around the company were always willing to help and have a good laugh. During my 2 weeks there I learnt a lot about the company and about all the different roles that are used inside the company to make projects work.
productive
Planning and Delivery Manager London and Kent (Former Employee) –  London30 May 2018
Was brought into the role to align with the client rail business. Got a good knowledge of the contracting process and the difficulties they have with clients.
Pros
Let alone to do my job
Cons
Timelines for delivery very tight
Productive and fun workplace
Traine Q.S (Former Employee) –  Picadilly Circus29 May 2018
a fun workplace with great people, medium to fast paced working, vert professional environment but still relaxed. great management team who are understanding and positive.
Good Workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
This is a good place to work, there are lots of opportunities to grow and network. Due to the fact that the company is so large you get to see a lot of the country.
Pros
Good Workplace
Cons
Pay
great
Network Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester18 May 2018
Great place to work. Great pay great people, shame I had to leave the job due to other commitments. interesting place to work with lots of differnt things happening
Has been a good company to work with
Fabrication Sales Engineer/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kintore17 May 2018
Enjoyed my time with Balfour Beatty until the last year as ruthless changes are being made and we have watched a vibrant money making part of the business being pulled apart.
work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Capenhurst10 May 2018
i worked nights and it was ok but then went on days which was horrible. To many superiors with something to prove most of them didnt know what they where talking about. as they say its not what you know its who you know
good company
currently in employment as a Ground Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire8 May 2018
enjoyed working here it has helped me alot and i have learnt alot through working with them and i hope to still learn more as i go on, i work with a good set of lads
Productive and structured
Training Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sale8 May 2018
A very career focused organisation for engineers and construction workers. Further education options and job security is very high. Would recommend anyone focused to develop their career.
Pros
Career development
Cons
N/a
relaxed
Electrical Panel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Kintore, Aberdeenshire7 May 2018
Great place to work for, friendly, helpful, every day gave you a new challenge. Clean working environment, working with a great bunch of people. Management very helpful with flexible hours
Pros
Flexible hours
good management and good place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Little Bispham25 April 2018
A typical day at work: general labouring including pointing and concreting.
What I learned: how to use road saws
Management: brilliant managers, couldn't fault them. very people focused.
Workplace Culture: fun but serious environment to work within.
Good work colleagues, bad management
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands23 April 2018
Fabrication of pipes and steelwork. Friendly work colleagues. Opportunities provided to go on courses for professional development. Bad management has lead to redundancies and closure of workplace.
Work experience.
site supervisor depend on job requirement (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 April 2018
Working within the company has been good journey i have experienced good work times through my career with company there is always room to learn thats what i did every day of ny life. Good company.
exciting place to work
Electricians Mate/Improver (Current Employee) –  Rosyth19 April 2018
from day 1 we were fitting basket and equipment and learned from all walks of life how to do things the way they were taught. the management team were brilliant as if you had a problem you didnt feel bad for asking questions.hardest part of the job was the amount of physical walking to get materials and equipment but was a really exciting jobs and learning new technics
interesting workplace,knowing its history.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  sewerby18 April 2018
ace workplace,free lift,lads not bad to work with,all pulled their weight barring eastenders,who kept running into pheasants,good canteen,nice fresh surroundings.good.
Pros
free lift
Cons
no um um!
very good place to work
Ganger (Former Employee) –  Norwich12 April 2018
Project NNDR started as traffic marshal with chance to uplift very good people , foremans , gangers , managers , very good expierence they gived to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.