Play YouTube video button
Information from Bakkavor:

Bakkavor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom600 reviews
Featured review
Bakkavor selected this as a representative review
Really enjoyable and a fun environment to work in . Your work under pressure but once you get used to the work its fine and really good. I have tried to work here and its really good place to work with
Official response from Bakkavor
29 January 2019
Hello,

Thank you for choosing to review Bakkavor.

I’m delighted that you have had a good experience

Thanks again,

Tom

Bakkavor Experience Team
Didnt find even one english speaker. Staff are rude, and as a new starter i did not feel welcome. no one told me what to do, everyone was doing their own thing. even the 'manger, i was left with just ignored me the whole shift. it was like a zoo, the whole place. everyone there was acting a bunch of animals.
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
everything
By far the most well paid factories in Lincolnshire, good opportunities for overtime.

Was taking home over £600 a week with overtime which is amazing money for Lincs factories, would definitely recommend if you have the time to put in to earn the money.
Pros
Money
Cons
your a number, not a person. most of the management just want big numbers regadless of what happens to employees and agencies.
Machines and processes leave a lot to be desired.

Speak up about it and your moved to the worst departments until you quit.
I always enjoy doing work in Bakkavor. Here we work in team and are suppose to pack the boxes in speed to finish the work in given time.
Also we get enough break time to take the rest and then continue our work.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Distance
Fair place to work but too long hours. Top Management understanding and helpful, but lower management not so helpful. Workplace culture is cordial friendly
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
There was proper different experince and how to work in food factory. it was hard job and lot of cold. Managment ia good. my enjoyable part of work is when i finish job.
It is not very punctual at times and collaboration is hard sometimes with people, as they can't cope with each other. Fun place to work but with a busy schedule that is based on how people work with each other.
Pros
Big Canteen
Cons
Long Hours
Don’t apply here if you are English you’ll be spoken down to, slagged off & treated poorly. I worked here for an agency & was the only English person on my line I was being told what to do in a different language then when I said I didn’t understand she turned her nose up at me & walked away,no one helped at all they just sneered. Don’t get me wrong money is good but they really work you for it.
Pros
Money
Cons
It’s like being in Europe
They had they favorites and if you weren’t one of them you were treated poorly. People were rude and they were coughing sneezing over the food without any regard to health and food hygiene
Pros
Only worked 5 months of the year
Cons
Long shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bakkavor?
I very liked work at Bakkavor. All have to do just concentrate on the job, stay focous, competent and everthing will be as good as can be. This job always challenged me, sometimes have diffuculties working in such enviroment but I always like when I can check myself and find right way to do the job proper. My best job ever had, wonderfull people, helpfull management.
Only came across one other English speaker, support on site as a new starer was appalling. Site supervisor was rude and abrupt.
no social distancing at all in staff area where all staff gathered before shift start time

Anyone can apply no matter what, no English required as the " Numeracy and English test" before you start is completed for you, all you are asked to do is fill your name in

I would seriously avoid
Good place to work, enjoyable,

Would recommend to anyone wanting to build a career in a fast paced food manufaturing environment

===================
it is ok to work for put I like a more on hand job,
I just want to better myself

I do not know from day one to another want I will be doing on the day because do not always do my jobs,
horrible place to work if you are English, you get spoken about talked down to and generally called stupid. While i worked there a lady said all the English new starters were " stupid English " and when the shift manager was told nothing was done about it.
Its a good place for the money you get and there is progression depending on who you can speak to.

Speaking a different language other than English helps here!

i would never work here again the way it was.
Agency peoples needs brand new shoes for work and pay rise for nights they should be treated nice and be respected same as full time staff in the factory
A typical day at work: picking, loading/unloading trucks, busy culture but friendly, hardest part of the job is to deal with old date people from management team
My job roll servicing the full production line at all time with fruits off all kind and also cutting fruits such as; mangos, pineapple, watermelon and dispatch picking packing.
Bakkavor is an interesting place to work, there is plenty of work to do, you will be challenged and there is a lot to learn from the immense factory. There are good opportunities for you progress and depending on your job role everyday can be very different.
I enjoyed it very much but unfortunately the work has gone quiet. I am looking for work elsewhere but did enjoy it.I doon't know why uyou are asking me to do this review.
a fun place to work and a great and good environment to work good team spirit.a typical work day is very fast pace competitive.i learned how to work as a team and be motivated.