Back2Work Group

Back2Work Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Back2Work Group selected this as a representative review
Excellent company to work for.
Learner Engagement Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 November 2019
Company culture is fantastic and there are training and development opportunities which is always a bonus. Perfect working environment coupled with an excellent management team.
Friendly Atmosphere
Digital marketing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2020
Everyone in the office is really friendly and they get along, which makes it a pleasure to work here. They also focus heavily on wellbeing and implement wellness activities to support staff.

Communicate could be improved on across departments to ensure everyone is up-to date with any changes.
Positive Visions and Values
Digital Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2020
Back2Work is a good company to work for. There's a positive and friendly atmosphere in the office with regular social events planned and the bonus of having office dogs! The company has positive visions and value which everyone works hard towards. The company is focussed on staff wellbeing and development with a bonus of flexible hours that can work around you.

Due to the nature of the business, there can be tight deadlines which can be stressful at times and not much room for progression in some departments.
Poor experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 January 2020
Fast growing department that haven’t got the basics in place. Poor communication, organisation and management. Poor induction and 1:1. Processes constantly change, unrealistic caseload with added responsibilities weekly. Expected to work evenings and weekends unpaid. All about bringing money in for the company at the expense of employees well being. Awful experience!
Feels Like You're Making a Difference
Enrolment Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 January 2020
It's fast paced, sometimes challenging but very rewarding to work at B2W. Honestly feels like you;re making a difference to the learner's lives by either upskilling or helping them find employment.
Happy Workplace
Learner Engagement Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire16 January 2020
I have been working here since July 2019. The staff and management have made me feel a part of the team and company. The management are at hand for any needs I may have. My team gel together very well and I feel like I have been working here for years. Good hours and good rate of pay
Productive but Relaxed
Employer Partnerships Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire16 January 2020
Whilst working at Back2Work I have been given the opportunity to help individuals get back into work and I find this extremely rewarding.
I have completed numerous courses to improve my knowledge so I can give out the correct information to individuals.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Supportive Company
Advance Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire14 January 2020
Although I have only been with the company since October 2019 I feel supported by my colleagues and the management team. Everyone else I've met within the wider B2W Group has been welcoming and friendly. What has been refreshing to see is that every member of the team you meet cares about the company, their job role and our clients. Staff are given the opportunity to come up with new ideas, make suggestions and are listened to. I look forward to many years with B2W Group.
Supportive and Investing
B2W is a great place to work, the management are supportive and encourage progression and involvement, through becoming involved in social events, learning and additional responsibilities.
Pros
Regular social events and investment in learning and progression.
Cons
no cons.
Dont trust them
Cohort 1385 (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire9 November 2019
They will offer you a job at the end of your training course, well guess what the training course is a worthless and the job is none excitant, all they want are people to make money off by doing their training courses.

Don't believe a word of what they say
exceptional business
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire5 November 2019
Words can't really express how much I love working for this company.
Although there are over 150 people working here, I feel valued as an employee. We are rewarded for our hard work and is always noticed. B2W group will help you progress and give you any training you require. There is a feeling of passion and drive throughout the company and we all want to do well which shows in our ongoing success. In all my working life this has to be by far the best company I have worked for.
Focused on providing quality and long term change for the better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 October 2019
Open culture with lots of room for progression.

If you are willing to put in the work and have the desire to influence positive change then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibile working, supportive culture
Cons
Parking at HQ can be tricky
Worst place ever
Tesco Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dagenham12 October 2019
THEy made me do a 10 day irrelevant training course for a warehouse job. They promised to pay me £100 but I didn’t even receive that. When I try call they keep making up excuses. Don’t waste ur time and apply the job directly.
Very stressful place for work
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Crewe24 September 2019
Not very friendly people
Lot people don’t speak English and don’t understand what I think is not good
They don’t care about people
Job need to be done they don’t care about quality
Con
Operative warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester6 September 2019
Wow what a complete waste of time!!
You end up doing two weeks on a warehouse course with a guaranteed interview with the company (Amazon)
Yes I did get paid the expenses but dont be fooled by the so called Interview!!
The interview is just signing up with a different agency with them saying..
NO SHIFTS AVAILABLE at the Company.
Job seekers BEWARE, this is a complete con
course attendee (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire24 July 2019
they give you an utterly useless course in whatever subject, then sign you up with another actual agency. WASTE OF TIME dont give these scumbags any attention. "businesses" like this should be outlawed Preying on the vulnerable and the poor, absolutely disgusting.
ConConCon
course attendee (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire18 July 2019
Don't bother! It's a con run by some bus shelter cleaning company to get money from the DWP with false promises and non existent work.. Note it says 'guaranteed interview ' and they never happen. The job centre people do NOT send you there as 'legal secretary ' stated but they do but they don't warn you about the waste of time all for £10 towards your transport and a free dinner.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The course is a con
Poorly managed
Learner Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 June 2019
Poorly managed with no support for lone workers.
No in depth training in policies or procedures.
Poor relationship with DWP.
Not much engaement with employers.
Pros
lone working
Cons
poor expenses
A complete con!
Training course (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands22 June 2019
The course is a con to lower unemployment rates for 2 weeks, then get the company paid by the government for delivering training. You spend 2 weeks in a classroom with the promise of permanent work afterwards, but the job is via agency & you are told there is no work available at the present time. I have been waiting for 7 months for my certificates, so I doubt I'll get them. Complete waste of time & shame on them for continually giving false hope, as well as delivering false information!
Pros
Expenses. Good course tutor
Cons
No job security
Stay away!
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire10 June 2019
Absolutely poorly run company, do not care 1 bit about its students, it almost seems like my placement wasn’t looked into at all, got sent there, the employer had no idea what he wanted, staff at B2W we’re poor with helping the situation, seems all they wanted were numbers in their books! Do not care!
Stay away
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 June 2019
Stay away you’ve been warned, friends have attended this and got nothing, All a lie, just a course so they can money from the government there is no job at the end of it,
Pros
Cons
Scam

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Back2Work Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8