Babcock Training

Babcock Training Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
Good place to work if you like to manage your own time and enjoy 121 teaching.
Lots of training provided.

DBS check required.

Working in a range of environments with learners of varied abilities and motivations.

Targets can be hard to attain.
Pros
Free refreshments, laptop, phone etc
Cons
Somewhat lonely.
If you want to work for a company that is full of empty promises, doesn't value their staff, discriminates against their staff and back stabs and bad mouths their staff then this is an ideal place for you.

For any normal human being, I would avoid at all costs.
This company is a great place to work. The balance for work and home life is great.
You are left to manage your own time with full support from Management.

The management were very helpful and understanding.

Can get stressful due to lots of changes taking place due to the introduction of the levy.
Pros
Flexibility. Aproachabe management.
Cons
Changes due to levy
they like every last ounce of work from you. Fear of losing job most of the time. If they want to get rid if you they will and change the criteria. would not work for them again
Pros
made me redundant, which came as shock.
work life balance is good but hard to not always be working when home as based at home. A lot of driving but I enjoy driving.
Pros
work life
Cons
stressfull
I have learnt a lot more business skills then I already knew and everyday I would learn something new enhancing my skills, I would go through emails and do all tasks that are needed. From then I would work throng projects of organising meeting and book travel and accommodation. I would answer different enquires and answer phone calls and dealing with them. The hardest part of the job would be not know every little thing about the job when I first started but I enjoyed learning new things a long the way and help improve my skills.The management was really nice and understanding and having the balance between management and being a friend. My co-workers were all lovely people and all were nice and willing to help whenever you needed. The most enjoyable part of it all was learning new things and being independent and working on projects.
Pros
Being independent, being able to ask someone for help, having a lovely understanding manager.
Cons
The pay
A typical day starts and ends with nothing typical! Firstly, I check diaries and emails and then work through and prioritise duties that need actioning and planning.
Pros
Being able to help and assist with various and wide ranging jobs as well as day to day duties.
Awful. No co-ordination between departments, huge blame culture throughout. Bad decision making from the top down and far too many pointless middle managers getting involved in pointless task.
Pros
Manage your own time
Cons
Everything else.