Play YouTube video button
Information from Babcock International:

Babcock International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom415 reviews
Babcock International
Babcock International is a large organisation. This means that the culture and experience of working for them differs depending on what sector within Babcock your work. I worked within the marine/ naval sector and enjoyed it for many years. The pace fluctuates dependant on projects and there was a constant organisational change during my tenure (six years). Management was variable and depended more on the person than on the company culture.
Pros
Flexiable working
Cons
Lack of vision and clarity for stratergy
Excellent Company to work for
Great company to work for in agood location. If you are ex armed forces they will probably welcome you with open arms as they need this experience in their teams.
Great Company
A very professional company to work for - good solid grounding for any engineer. Management structure is generally good.

Working hours are designed to suit the work and while there was some flexibility this was sometimes limited.

Good teamwork and camaraderie in the workplace, with Babcock very good at developing their employees. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.
Ok Place to work
Ok place to work but the hours are long and management do not seem to listen to their staff. People get promoted and don't know the actual job in hand.
Poorest management ever
Zero staff support. The management are extremely poor, they have not got a clue of what is required to run the business. They are only trying to leave a legacy
Shocking
Still waiting on April cost of living rise, last rise was 2 years ago. And that was aroun 1.6% the the next 2 years have been fixed at 2% wich is essentially a paycut in real terms. And we haven't received this so I Will be handing my notice in soon.
Worst
I call it Babcock brothers and son .you have to family member or friend for you to have a chance for even to get a chance to progress. So like me will dream for progress. But I have to everything for the sake of family
Poor management
lacking in care for employees, poor and negative management, teamwork to mch change. macho, competitive maangers. Not good for stress. Coleagues Ok. work for better companies
Cons
negative, ignorant management & teamwork
good
it is a good place to work with the work /life balance correct . the management give you freedom to grow and you can manage your own time without people looking over your shoulder
Pros
salary
Cons
non
Satisfaction can be variable depending on Sector, role, location and management
Babcock is a huge company with 4 main pillars, under those are multiple large contracts, within that there is scope to move and advance - but may have to relocate out of the contract/sector/location you are in.
In some contracts there can be a very 'old school' mentality and approach which HR and some managers are working to try to get rid of the old ways.

Some employees have very long service and are set in their ways, are negative about everything and can impact on their team with a moany attitude and laziness - it seems they are just waiting to retire and get their company pension and want to make everyone else miserable until they leave (as to them 'it's not what it used to be' - they don't realise the world and workplaces have had to change in the last 30 years!).

For some there is a 'that's not my job/in my job description' mentality, rather than pulling together.

In contrast I have seen some senior managers also clean, sort out flooded toilets, paint walls etc as they wanted them usable for their staff.

The majority of those i directly worked with were great - friendly and helpful.

HR are friendly and helpful, but are very busy, covering many contracts and sites, and there is not enough of them to cover everywhere they need to.
Pros
large company so opportunity to advance
Cons
Co. is so huge sometimes you can be 'a number'. Salary at market rate but other Benefits not great
A bad experience.
A company that shows no loyalty to it's workforce. Management will lie to you on a regular basis.
They talk the talk on H&S but constantly fail to walk the walk!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Boa p trabalhar
Uma boa empresa para se trabalhar,no contrato que trabalhei era muito corrido
Overheadine
Due to the dangerous nature of working on powerlines. As a fully qualified LE1. I'd expect to be earning more than a groundworker at working at home. Its really poor considering you work 18 days away from your family and spend 3 days every 3rd weekend with them.
There's nothing in work instuctions about working in storm conditions. They put it on You to say its not safe. Which if you do say its you get bullied and victimised as your played off against other gangs and made to feel pressured into worki g in them.
Great CPD opportunities
A great place to work. In house training provided to gain a recognised qualification. Plenty of opportunity to develop Knowledge and skills in the job, CPD opportunities provided and supported.
Pros
A friendly and supportive place to work
Helped me to develop my skills and learning
For me this has been a good place to work, enjoy working with the people over the last 14 plus years. I have worked in various areas which help to develop my skill and knowledge.
High targets
Driving many miles to learners that cancel appointments. Case load of 40 learners overs 200 mile radius.
Work life balance good managing your own diary and hours. Many of the staff lovely to work with.
I left due to poor management
Great people to work with and job is constantly changing. However poor management is rife in this job so that's why I left. The job is constantly shifting with no set in stone rules.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Poor management
A rewarding place to work
As part of the lecturing team (10 members) we delivered electronic and maths courses to military recruits who over a period of time gained Foundation Degrees in Electronics.

The work was varied and each member of the team was expected to understudy one or more other members as we worked on a rotational basis to ensure the students received the best teaching.
Great company and learning experience
Great team effort across the board.
You are allowed to work autonomously.

Very rewarding work as we complete all our project in time and on budget.

Professional and courteous colleagues.
Pros
On site restaurant
Average
A job where you are expected to know your job and turn your hand to things that may not be part of your trade. Every job you do must be to a high standard and safety must be your highest priority
Not Flexible
Not flexible, and not much training. No consideration if you have children, so they don’t seem worry if you are late leaving. Working environment isn’t great. Felt management wasn't very approachable