Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom800 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
Varied and fast paced role with many organisational changes. BP offers good benefits for employees. Learning is constant as the role can be very varied and moves with the times.
Senior managers are looking at every opportunity to advance their own careers at the expense of others and indeed the business itself. Genuinely, look elsewhere irrelevant of the benefits they may offer you.
BP was a great place to work.
Towards the end of my career with them, I was able to work from home when not travelling on business which provided me with a really good home/work balance.
The company has unrealistic views on what a manager is. The job description does not match reality. You are basically just a dogs body there to mop up all the jobs no one else will do. You are not allowed to have an opinion about anything, and can not have a good work life balance due to the shifts. Regularly put on late shift in to early, with hardly any sleep. The job itself is tough lots of heavy deliveries, and never enough staff to help out. It's a non stop day with no time allowed to have breaks.
It’s a fast pace company to work for as it’s part of m&s so it’s not just a petrol station.

Staff are great to work with too. Every day is a different day
Great team to work with everyone looks after eachother. It's hard work but rewarding even if it is just the five minutes you give to the old boy who probably only talks to a handful of people. I find the management team very flexible and helpful always willing to listen if you have any issues. If you put the hard work in you are rewarded for it with progression in the company.
Fast paced. Little acknowledgement of hard work. No progression.
No job security. Mainly contractors with little chance of going perm.
Pleasant place to work, good management, good team mates. Always supporting each other. Fair wages, fast paced but it's always good to be busy! Understanding managers
Very stresseful, when you are dealing with people who are relatives,just suns,cousins,daughterin law,sun in law, etc, etc,and you have to take all the havey tasks on your own,to cover very busy shifts,and if you do not follow their rules,they gonna find a way to kick you out
I am not going to say much but BP is one of the best company I have ever seen. Management are very good. It is a fun and easy place to work but safety is MUST one to have. Not ever days are same. Most of the time are FUN but there are some days I was not happy because I couldn't finish my tasks and made a mistake. Wish I could work more but had to leave due to my medical problem. But I am willing to reply soon as I recover.
There is a culture that puts management under too much stress, as many of the goals are obviously unattainable. In both of the sites I have worked at, the culture is good, together with good interaction among the staff.
I enjoyed working a bp sometimes it would be stressful but it keeps you on your toes. I enjoyed meeting new people every day and also making friends with all the regulars and always having a friendly ear if they ever needed someone to talk to
busy keeping team running across campuses ensuring service levels kept up. Best part of working here is the interesting people we work with and the hardest keeping ahead of client requirements.
I have 13 years working experience in Bp .Still I missed my work.But I could not have to transfer to Colchester area.Still looking for a job kind of customer service assistance.As a part timer.
Pros
50% off good in break time
Cons
1/2 hour for break and paid also
Friendly staff and customers

Easy job to do

Can get really busy but everyone works as a team and help each other out when needed
This was a nice and warm environment for me to work in. Very friendly staff and management never locked down and colleagues or staff. Very helpful to new staff and good practice of team work despite hard work.
Pros
Free coffee and subsidised lunch
Cons
Insufficient security to staff against shoplifting and thieves especially for the night shift
No recognition for employees, company support only the side of management and believes them no matter the management do wrong this is very very bad side this company!
Employees is always wrong even though they do right thing ! Company doesn’t defend the employees very sad
I was a CSA in 2 different stores. My role in both stores was identical, the BP way of working is excellent. You repeat the same routines each day, as a team and everyone knows what is required. You are well protected as an employee - you have lots of rights and job security. I frequently saw colleagues of mine gain promotions up the management structure, the opportunities are definitely there for employees to make career progress. I was well looked after by my managers and when I did have disciplinary issues there was a fair system in place.
Bonus, every day is different, free coffee, 50% lunch.
Con, long hours, double shifts, under valued, under paid, area managers have no clue in reality
Pros
No day is the same
Cons
As above
If you want to get the Title of manager BP/M&S is the best place to get it, They train you up with the basics on how to manage a team, HR training, Food safety level 1&2.