How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

bp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom800 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
Loved my time working here. Wish I had never left. The person i left because left shortly after so wish i had stuck it out. Really miss the people, manager was amazing. Hope to go back some day
It’s a decent job if you have nothing else going for you or just need part time work. No job in retail is wonderful, all as bad as each other in some way or another.
Pros
Always hours available
Cons
A lot of jobs in the day to complete
BP was a great place to work, was extremely busy and I was again given the opportunity to learn lots of new skills and love customer facing roles.
Could get 2 shifts a week on the contract.
Pros
company discounts
Cons
The worst that happened to me is to be forced to work in there night sifts at Traffod and with the doors opened so anytime all drunk people and absolutely aggressive they can come in and still the worst is that any run off from the pumps or stilling you have to pay from ur one pocket!
Its good company to new job seekers.. They treat they're customers well they're organized I will definitely recommend it.. They know how to treat they're workers
Training is minimal,
Atmosphere is unpleasant,

Management support is selective.

There's a subculture of grovelling, knee scraping with colleagues prepared to profit from your mistakes and not support new starter.
A typical day at BP is putting fresh stock out when delivery arrives, rotating and checking dates on products. Serving customers on the till being barista trained for the wild bean cafe within BP. It is a very fast pace work place having to serve customers authorise the pumps on the forecourt making hot drinks cleaning shelves emptying the bins on the forecourt. The enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your customers and talking to them about their day. I am part of a team at BP which includes all different nationalities.I find my management very approachable and friendly towards their staff.
Lots of politics poor organisation no structure

Full of double standards

Very much a face fits type of culture. They exploit you and provided you don’t say anything about what not working or not going as it should then your ok, otherwise you are in for it
working for BP for 29 years was a massively rewarding experience. The company rewarded hard work and had a great work ethic. BP always encouraged equal opportunities and allowed it's employee to use their own initiative and encouraged transferrable skills to be taken into other teams, encouraging progression with great support from Management teams.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
I enjoyed working with them every day is different and its very fast paced, hours can be anti social but worth it when pay comes to be fair I would highly recommend working with the company as you can progress on to work upto management if course available and you willing to do it .
Good pay, but management is tyrannical and has its favourite staff who do get better treatment. Good people to work with apart from the managers. Breaks not adhered to most of the time, due to lack of staff.
Lovely campus and great offices
Good benefits

Very corporate

Invests in its people

Good colleagues

Robust HR set up

Forward thinking HR leadership team
Some of the staff are very supportive, well educated and have been there a number of years. It can be fairly flexible if you want to do a certain amount only.
This is a good company to work for with room for progression - able to attend training courses for development. However, expect to work unsocial hours.
Responsible for collecting payments. Other duties listed on Gas Station Cashiers resume examples are offering information to customers, selling groceries and car-related items, and keeping the front area clean and organized.
Be kind with your employees
Working in a team

Put the gas to a car the worse

Clean the pumps

Cleaning the toiletries

Seeing people smiling to you in the morning
I enjoyed my stint at BP a lot. Helpful people, understanding management, good work life balance, no work pressure, easy going , great location, Canary wharf is a lovely place
BP is one of the good places to work in England . i really liked the BP policy of training staff through the use of videos and encouraging them to do the training with the use of points based system which gives extra points if you complete the training properly
upfront retail work, customer engagement a lot of the time. paper work including stock checking refilling items and general cleaning where available.
enjoyed learning about the types of jobs that you can go into if you work at BP. i learned how to survey and the types of work that was located in each area of the world. As well as having a better underling of how BP are making a step into sustainable energy.