Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom798 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
Management are poor and pay is below the poverty line even when working max 40 hours you earn about 1400 a month. Not worth the stress. Look elsewhere.
Good place to work and a nice office environment (Starbucks on site). Very focused on following all company procedures and focused on delivery of tasks in the required time.
Pros
Free lunch & parking
Cons
Regular team re-organisation
I really liked working for Bp, it was really a good experience for my career I had more chance of dealing with customers and had more experiences about fuel and had experience of health and safety.
Restock, clean, prep hot food for shift making sure forecourt is safe and clean dealing with customer problems taking in delivers stock rotation and reductions of stock
Its fast paced, i learned how to pull in deliveries and accept them on the system, how to print off reports of daily activities, being part of the management team is hard but im learning new things, the hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done that is expected of me which isnt always easy but i manage it and i find most enjoyable is that we all work well together.
The company has some brilliant benefits, you get a major holiday even if you only are contracted 8 hours a week, the holiday goes up yearly too, for example it works out that I have 6 weeks holiday this year due to being in the company a while.
Issues I do have are the fact you don’t know what kind of management team you’ll get, they like to chop and change them to different stores but the issues are the fact some are a lot lazier than others, I work nights and there’s no communication whatsoever and it’s not good.
Managers are always there if you need to talk, staff are friendly and always up for a laugh, always on the go and hard to progress in the company but apart from that if your looking for a job where you are always on the go as it is a demanding job then I think bp is the company for you
BP was an enjoyable place to work with plenty of opportunities to progress or change roles.

It was a fair and well structured environment offering lovely working conditions
For minimum wage they require a full 8 hour work schedule. Although, due to manning levels, day shifts get 30 minutes lunchtime, night shift of two people are busy all the time with eating on the job.
• The Formulated Products Technology global hub for pioneering fuel research.
• Allocated to a lab-team responsible for compiling, analysing data and presenting findings.

• Objective: analysing additives to lubricant oils seeking a simplified system for analytes.

• Use of FAIMS (field asymmetric ion mobility spectrometer) and ESI (Electrospray Ionisation).

Great experience
Other staff aren’t always great at the job, management only happy if your making them look good. Lots of sickness. Good pay. Lots of different jobs on site.
BP rewards well but has very high demands. Change is constant and hard to keep up with. Eight line managers in as many years. Attracts excellent professionals, overall a good employer.
Pros
Benefits, campus location, good staff
Cons
Pace of change
I work in the one of the teams that will provide future markets for BP and therefore we are in a creative area of London and separate from the HQ in St James Square. The office environment is trendy and dress code relaxed but team is run like a start-up and the pace of work is very fast!
Working in Bp was such a beautiful time , my first job experience and I can tell that i really enjoyed working there , great staff and management! I would recommend this company
Very stressful
Environment and atmosphere bad

I am doing 3 people jobs including cleaning shop and toilet, filling shelves, doing barista duties,, dealing with customer and handling cashand I get minimum wage. it was not fair
Pros
Wel known company in the world
Cons
Bad place to work, No support, bad management, Avoid this place
friendly but busy most times.The job can have its challengers but you will find the customers interact well with you as a friend once they get to know you.
BP is a good place to work, expect to go in with your best and you will get a great response back. There are new projects to work on and contribute towrads, internal promotions are by applying for internal postings.

Employees are fantastic and supportive and there are very helpful leadership and mentoring oppertunities.
Why oh why do I have to do this. There is little point. You want the survey, then you want me to write!? I haven't fulfilled your minimum, but getting there eh!?
Great experience whilst with BP.
Good communication , focus , team environment . Full support from management to complete project, with employees wellness at forefront.
Loved my time working here. Wish I had never left. The person i left because left shortly after so wish i had stuck it out. Really miss the people, manager was amazing. Hope to go back some day