BP Employee Reviews

Found 710 reviews matching the search See all 3,580 reviews
Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Brilliant Org
PMO Data Anlayst (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey16 October 2019
Would recommend to anyone looking for a role in IT to join BP- Great ethics/values and facilities. Great staffing facilities such as Gym, Free parking, Great canteen etc
The glory days are gone
Admin (Former Employee) –  London10 December 2018
Once renowned for being an employer that really looked after their staff, they're no different from the vast majority of large corporates. The things that distinguished it as a great employer like a good WLB (Work Life Balance) etc isn't so much the case anymore. Tends to be a 'bit behind the curve' in relation to changing attitudes and still progress to be made in Diversity & Inclusion.
Pros
Free Lunches, Decent Benefits Package
Cons
Long hours, still bureaucratic, archaic attitudes in certain areas
Good Company
Contract Coverage Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire9 December 2018
Great company to work for with a good work life balance. Friendly, challenging and new opportunities. Good work atmosphere. Professional and supportive.
work place where i learned a lot
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 December 2018
i have learned a lot from this job, started job from 5am to 1pm five days a week. i have learned to communicate with colleagues customer and made friends.
i have been working hard therefore they offered me a management job. training to become manager there.
Pros
50% discount on food to eat on site
Cons
8 hours a day
Avoid
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset1 December 2018
Terrible atmosphere, as it’s such a closed in work space, especially with employees who have worked there for years, who are not great to the younger members of staff. Management is okay and they try to help you and treat everyone equally still certain members of staff get angry/ annoyed with you if you don’t know how to do something or need help. You can enjoy the job to a certain level but the hours are long and the older members of staff are very difficult to get on with a lot of the time. I myself literally had people telling lies about me to try and get me into trouble. not a pleasant experience.
Pros
50% percent off during your break time on everything.
Cons
long hours, not much training
positive experience
RESERVOIR/PETROLEUM ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  London28 November 2018
I have had excellent opportunity to grow and develop technically since joining the company. Very experience and highly motivated colleagues. There is life work balance with every other Friday off once you put in your contractual hours.
Excellent place to work at some customers can be rude
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 November 2018
At bp the most enjoyable part was to have a conser conservations with Customers to make their day and also they make my day.Ithink the hardest part of the job is that the team was not good which lead to promblems..
Pros
Good customers
happy and friendly place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire26 November 2018
typical day at work when stuff do off sick.
My magnet skills and how to deal with problems no matter what could it be.
it was very fun place especially for me due to I'm always helping different stores in my territory.
Nothing nice to say
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 November 2018
The pay was nice at £8.25 an hour but the staff and management are not very nice. The staff who are on the same level as you seem to form a hierarchy, putting the new ones at the bottom and treating them badly. The management have no regard for this, they just care if the job is done.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Rude staff and management
Great team, bad decisions
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire19 November 2018
Great local and regional teams but on a global level cutting costs left right and centre to fulfil arbitrary financial figures when company still growing year on year, just not as well as expected.

Slow to implement changes and system/ data investment which would aid making more profit in the long run.

You are treated as an adult, but depends on your manager. I was able to be flexible and manage my won work day.
Bp
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 November 2018
Ideal if you work for BP it's self, but if you work for a company that owns a BP Garage you get no benefits for working their you are expected to do more than what you should do on a shift as theres no other way these companies would allow more money to be giving on more staff
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Company with plenty of oppurtunity to progress
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport9 November 2018
I performed as an acting deputy manager for almost 7 years and I am subsequently well-equipped at dealing with high-pressure situations and high foot traffic, all the while delivering the best service.

As well as carrying out normal expected retail duties I spent the years using my managerial skills to improve the business by monitoring cash conversion reports and KPI files to deliver profit to the business.
I was responsible to study and find areas of improvement on our KPI's each month and continue to deliver great results.
I attended multiple meetings and training courses on a regular basis, sometimes having to travel a very long distance to attend. I am always willing to learn and improve my knowledge and I give 100% to any challenge or opportunity that approaches me.
I was also in charge of our stores TimeTeq payroll system. I ensured employee’s wages were correct by daily monitoring clock in's, sickness and absence accordingly.
I contributed to recruiting a large amount of staff during my time as a manager, interviewing and completing the recruitment admin process with HR regularly. I have a good understanding towards HR and this is something I would like to develop one day.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton5 November 2018
This is a great place to work. A fast flowing workplace serving customer fuel and items in the wild bean cafe like coffee and sandwishs along with hot food
you will be asked to stock rotate stock and take in devilerys.
Pros
50% off food in store
Cons
Grumpy customers lol
BP Holborough
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holborough, Kent4 November 2018
very good company to work for. Benefits include 50% off lunch food upto a certain amount, 28 days annual leave and can always help change shifts if needed.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
set shifts
good place to work
Shop Assistant P/T (Former Employee) –  Northampton4 November 2018
My view on working with at the BP garage was good because I got to learn own to do things I didn't know how to do before and I got to experience working with great people and I also got to experience what is like to be working and supporting yourself.
Pros
half hour breaks
Good company
Trainee Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 November 2018
Bp is where I started my management trainning, its a good place to work if you want to get higher. Hours were a little all over the place. Manager would leave for weeks
Pros
Training
Cons
Money
Worst place I have ever worked offshore
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  North Sea29 October 2018
A new installation with no financial benefits! Low moral due to companies exploiting the workforce due to a down turn in oil prices and lack off alternative places to work. Bad atmosphere on board due to a us and them vibe in the air. Contracts also where promised and then broken and production over safety theme was a regular occurrence. Its was unfortunate as they was a lot of brilliant lads on the job but were treat badly and lied to again and again.
Pros
Guys I worked with
Cons
Asset Owners
Amazing opportunity
CSA - Duty manager - Acting Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex26 October 2018
Great opportunity to progress to any position in the company. The people that you work with can not only be called your team, but good friends because of the positive atmosphere that you can have at BP.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Store good company not so good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 October 2018
Great place if you have a great team but unfortunately business cutting corners means stress on everyone. Head office sends down expectancy yet does not know how the store runs day to day and how impossible some of the tasks are when your running low on labour hours. Company needs to treat staff better and review pay due to the sheer volume of work that is expected in the time that it is given.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No appreciation. Too much work load
Not a good impression from the Stocks Seretaries
Trading Floor Secretary (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2018
I was bullied in this company by lady managers in the stocks team. They are not a nice bunch as they claim to be.

I don't know how they get away with the gang culture. Disgusting place.
Pros
Others were lovely
Progressive Company
BP Project Civils/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames10 October 2018
Survey and Site Investigation
Financial and Budget Control including interface with SAP commercial team
Staff Management and Development
Earned Value Analysis
Risk Assessment/Method Statements
Liaise and control with project management, client, designers, consultants, architects, planning,
estimators, HSE, CDMC, contractors and trades,
Interface with MOT/DOT/MOD, statutory undertakers, environmental agencies, local and county
government departments, local police and health authorities, public rights of way, wayleave reinstatements.
Strong on site problem solving ability, with interface with senior management, client, design, sub contract and supply chain
Pros
Overall team effort towards all works

51.4K