BP Employee Review

Exciting environment and professional team mates.
Performance Improvement Coach (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen8 May 2015
I worked for BP for 30 years. I began as a Radio and Electronics Officer and ended up in the North Sea, initially on a support vessel and latterly in the Forties Field on Forties Delta.
I went into Planning from my production role, and finished up in the Continuous Improvement arena, based both offshore and for two years in BP's Dyce Office.
I loved every day that I was with BP. They are perhaps one of the best employers in the world and extremely professional in all aspects of the company.
Pros
Excellent Salary levels in all trades.
Cons
Working offshore could occasionally have its problems.

Other BP Employee Reviews

Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury7 July 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetland2 July 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing

51.2K