BP Employee Review

A truly great organisation to have been part of for 25 years.
Regional HSE Manager- North Sea (Midstream) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT7 September 2015
BP is an excellent organisation to have worked for over the last 25 years. This is a company who make clear the expectations and values that all employees must be committed to when part of the firm.

In my career I have worked across the majority of the BP portfolio of businesses which included International assignments. All the business units have differing challenges but the commitment within the teams and the shared strive for excellence is visible at all times. Everybody working for BP shared the same desire to 'do the right thing' This is a company who value and encourage diversity and inclusion. The playing field is level for all employees which encourages development and progression. This is a great example of a learning organisation.

Other BP Employee Reviews

Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury7 July 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetland2 July 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing

51.2K