bp Employee Review

Corporate behemoth

8 February 2019
Many opportunities to do almost whatever you like. Constant restructuring of organisation. Not easy to navigate how to get things done. Constant duplication of effort.
2 August 2017
Same role
Stores Operative and Document Controller (Former Employee) - Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
A very safety conscious place to work. All the staff very helpful with the plant working 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Strict written procedures to work to and if in doubt you are encouraged to ask.
26 March 2014
Same role
Document Controller (Former Employee) - London, ENG
Having set off at the crack of dawn to a location south of the Thames Barrier, I arrived at my destination. It resembled something out of a war zone, mud everywhere, lots of construction and men wearing hard hats and boots. On signing in I was asked too where my hard hat and boots were - which I replied that I didnt think it was a prerequisite for an IT Trainer to have as part of their training attire!!!
Suffice to say I needed to establish that my cab had dropped me at the wrong location - key factor to get to the right place for a day's training. As time was on my side, I was escorted to where the My Documentum training was to be held only to discover that another trainer had commandered my training room! It took careful persuasion and determination on my part,to assure her that my booking for the room had been secured months before and that she liaise with her contacts. Eventually I was able to secure the room but only then to discover that the trainer had taken all my chairs!!! This indeed was turning out to be a very challenging day and not one that I would want to repeat. I then had to resource furniture from other offices and as this was the first time for me to attend this site, it was quite a challenge. At the end of the day, my delegates had arrived, despite being turned away by the other trainer who was training something completely different to me and I was able to start my day - albeit slightly delayed but it was important to engage with my delegates right from the start and begin their learning. It was a tough day but the great thing was that despite
 - more...
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Long day, hard location, no lunch facilities
12 June 2020
Same location
Personal Trainer Group exercise trainer (Former Employee) - Sunbury (Meadhurst)
Unfortunately there is not much team ethic. I was involved in the gym based side of the business I must stress and therefore was not a focal point of the business.
Opinions are dismissed when feedback is required. you are not listened too and will be misled by manipulative and secretive management.

Management show no care and overlook anything that suits them, even if goes against lawful policies (especially within health and safety).
Cons
Wage is minimum wage even if you are respectfully qualified.