BP Employee Review

Productive work place
Insulation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull26 June 2018
A typical day at work would involve the repair and maintenance of the site. I have learned how to work well within a team and as an individual, while under strict timescales/deadlines. During my time here, I was always busy with a good flow of work coming through. I was already treated fairly and the management are second to none. The most difficult part of this job was working under pressure to provide high standards within a certain time slot, in order to maintain schedules. I loved the fact that I was able to work with different people on a daily basis and the excitement that everyday brought a new challenge.
Pros
There was always regular work.
Cons
The distance between work and home.

Other BP Employee Reviews

Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury7 July 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetland2 July 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing

51.2K