bp Employee Review

Well paid but little job security

3 January 2019
Large organisation, pays well and can be a good place to work.

Unfortunately, frequent reorganisations mean you have very little job security and are often under threat of redundancy (can impact potential to get mortgage etc.).

In my experience, training is not very good. Limited availability, external courses discouraged and internal courses either not well promoted or likely to be cancelled at 11th hour.
Pros
Free lunch, corp perks, good colleagues, well paid
Cons
Frequent redundancy announcements, poor training opportunities
12 June 2020
Same location
Personal Trainer Group exercise trainer (Former Employee) - Sunbury (Meadhurst)
Unfortunately there is not much team ethic. I was involved in the gym based side of the business I must stress and therefore was not a focal point of the business.
Opinions are dismissed when feedback is required. you are not listened too and will be misled by manipulative and secretive management.

Management show no care and overlook anything that suits them, even if goes against lawful policies (especially within health and safety).
Cons
Wage is minimum wage even if you are respectfully qualified.
26 May 2020
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) - Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey
Great company to work for. I started here as a temp assignment hopeful I would be kept longer but the covid 19 epidemic meant cut backs had to be made at bp so extending my temp assignment via agency was not a possibility
22 April 2020
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) - Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey
Good place to work, but undergoing huge change right now, so lots of re organisation and changes in roles. Good benefits package and work environment.
Can be challenging to get things done as such a huge business