BP Employee Review

Projects Superintendent
Projects Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey4 October 2018
I arrive at 06:00 and enjoy the peace and quite of the first hour before everybody else turns up.
Loads of emails every day to answer, but also plenty of project activity to be getting on with. The good thing is that I am left alone to work to my own schedule.
Workplace culture is the best I have ever known, respect and good behaviours everywhere.
The hardest part of the job, is knowing when to go home, I really do enjoy what I do.
I do leave at about 15:30 to get ahead of the traffic having an hour half commute each way. However, flexibility is key and I have secured an arrangement where I can work from home one day a week.

This really has been a good company to work for.
Pros
Lots of benefits, good pay and nice people
Cons
Long comute every day

Other BP Employee Reviews

Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury7 July 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetland2 July 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing

51.2K