BP Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 3,583 reviews
Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Brilliant Org
PMO Data Anlayst (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey16 October 2019
Would recommend to anyone looking for a role in IT to join BP- Great ethics/values and facilities. Great staffing facilities such as Gym, Free parking, Great canteen etc
A school to learn every single day in Life
CM&ER + Operations HSSE Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Luanda20 July 2019
BP is an amazing place to work for and every employee who works for BP should feel accomplished and proud to make part of BP family. That is a place where people learn every single day, now matter who you are. There is no separation of colour, religion, race, gender and what so ever.

The communication from the leadership is very open from the top level to bottom line.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You manage you own acchievements about timing and deadlines
A very good workplace
Materials Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Luanda, Angola26 January 2019
BP turned me into a strong and solid professional. BP is an international oil and gas company with a worldwide reputation which once was spoiled in the US back in 2010 after the incident of Makondo, Golf of Mexico. An incident that cost BP nearly USD 20 billions. But with commitment an effort of all the employees from CEO to the lowest employee, BP was able to rebuild trust and strive to this day.
Pros
Very good workplace
Cons
big salary gap between national and expats.
It was a fun fast paced work place.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN20 November 2018
A typical work day was making sue the deli was set up well, the cooler was stocked, and my cash wasn't short, I learned how to order products for inventory and speak a little Spanish. The hardest part of the job was breaking down the deli to insure it was sanitized. The most enjoyable part was the employees we all respected one another and had a awesome time while we were working.
It was a great place to work. At the time I didn't appreciate it well enough.
Marine Team Leader (Former Employee) –  US Gulf of Mexico.13 November 2018
If I had it to do over again I would never have left BP. There were always resources available and plenty of flexability to get things done. I did not take advantage of this opportunity as I should have.
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
They were too nice.
A true leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  BAKU, AZ22 June 2018
The Company is a true leader which takes care of its employees and as return the Company gets the best out put from its employees.

Of Course a Company worth Life Time Dream.
Pros
Happy Employees and a Leading Company
Cons
Every body prouds with Brand BP
Strong all round company
Operations Discipline Advisor – Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baku13 January 2018
Company shared high level plans or goals.
Allowed me to set my own goals and those of my team which were linked to the company plans
98% of the people were super to work with because they would always help if possible. BP is a diverse company with strong goals to support the local communities where they operate. They also strive to have minimal negative impact on the environment. More importantly, BP sets high standards of HSSE performance and the workers strive to achieve excellence in these areas.
Pros
HSSE Performance
Great Place
Cafe Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitby, Wellington25 September 2017
Bp was great loved working here the people were amazing even the pay. The only downfall is they changed store managers a lot which was annoying other than that great company to work for.
Pros
You grow and learn a lot of new things
Cons
Change Store Managers too much
Pleasure working for BP Connect
Café Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellington7 August 2017
Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations
Good company with benefits
Deputy Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London11 June 2017
Day to day was a challenging role
Learned good organisational skills
The culture was very fast paced and constantly changing and challenging
Management were always supportive of the demands that were faced
Pros
Lunch, shares, bonuses, pension
Cons
Stressful
Offshore Red Sea & Mediterranean Sea
Offshore HSE Team Lead, Egypt (Former Employee) –  Red Sea, Egypt2 May 2017
Worked on-board offshore various platforms – Trans Gulf, West Akhen and Alpha ensuring compliance with health, environment & safety requirements.....
Pros
Very good a challenge
Cons
Worked as engineer in London assisting in drafting safety protocols
Team Leader, HSE Audit Protocol (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2017
A typical day involved working alongside senior BP Safety Engineers. I was able to assist in the draft of BP HSE Corporate Audit Protocol. I learned that British culture is not the same as American and learned to adapt. I learned a lot about how a multi-national oil company worked
Pros
Able to work with BP Safety Engineers and draft Safety protocols.
Cons
This was my first job overseas, and a culture shock
Big company to work for
Cash team lead (Former Employee) –  London23 February 2017
Excellent 11 years at a major organisation, learnt a lot in various roles, hopefully go back in the future.

Days vary depending on role on the day, managed bp cash which was exciting as well as dealing with the Traders
Pros
Free lunches healthcare bonus
Cons
Occasional long days
Lots of talent poor leadership
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 March 2016
Low turnover allows to build long lasting friendships with co-workers. Direction from management at times is very disorganized, lacks direction and vision. Work life balance was good, schedules were flexible.
Roo
OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTING FINANCE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  IRAQ9 March 2016
ROO (Rumaila Operating Organization) founded by BP, CNPC and South Oil Company to manage the 20 year rehabilitation and expansion of Rumaila oil field in southern Iraq

The company hires mainly local employees to oversee the operations and include only a smaller number of technical experts and managers from the operator of the project BP and its partner CNPC

The main aim of this project is to develop and increase production at Rumaila field.

I am thankful for having had the chance to be a part of this giant Organisation from early 2012 till March 2016.
It has been a great learning experience enriching at a personal and professional level.
Tight knit team with pleasant regular customers
Cafe Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whangarei28 January 2015
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.
Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.
The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.
The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.
As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs
Productive and Safe Place to work
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS12 October 2014
Safety First always. Drives for continuous improvement. Maintains safe, compliant and silent running operations. Has well skilled workforce.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
accountability
Strong Direction at time of New Implementation, Stable Team Approach with Limited clear direction
Planning and Scheduling Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM7 July 2014
The roll-out of a new directive created a great challenge for many people and choices had to be made to either follow the guidelines or to not. Those that followed the expectations have been removed or replaced within the company and those that did not follow it remain. The co-workers thrived at making the system work but struggle with why one office followed the rules and the other did not. It sent a lot of mixed messages. The hardest part of the job was standing firm with the process despite the outcome of job loss as the process was designed to save the company a significant amount of money. The most enjoyable part was working with the folks at the center of the roll-out and learning about the new software application and what makes it function properly.
Pros
Great Team Members, Enjoyed the Technical Aspect of Leadership
Cons
Misdirected, unsupported system and process at the local and upper level of leaders
Good work place
Facilities Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Iraq12 May 2014
* A typical day of the work:
1- Ensure that all concerned supervisors in all disciplines "Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, Control and civil fully aware by the required daily activities in this day.
2- Ensure that all group leaders held the tool box meeting with his team and fully aware by all safety permit contents and it matches with every activity.
3- Contact my line manager for any new modification in our work plan and priorities after he finished from his daily morning meeting with managers.
4- Inform all disciplines supervisors by the changes if any.
5- Follow up activities with supervisors and onsite ASAP.
6- Hold a minor meeting with site planner to discuss the planned future activities requirements like manpower, tools, equipment, spare parts and consumables.
7- Follow up any concerns related to manpower, tools, equipment or spare parts with the concerned persons in maintenance div. or other div. if requested.
8- Take the proper needed actions in the suitable time to fix all issues related to activities and contact my line manager for the issues upper than my capabilities.
9- During work execution ensure that all activities performing matches with safety precautions and instructions.
10- Follow up any required activities with workshop supervisor if any.
11- Follow up any shut down activities with S/D manager.
12- Discuss the daily reports with the disciplines supervisors.
13- Discuss the work inspection reports and quality with the
inspection department.
14- Insure that the performed work orders accepted by operation and
closed in SAP.
  more...
15- Prepare one daily report and submit it to my line manager.
16- Attend daily meeting with operation superintendent.
17- Attend daily meeting with line managers if requested.
18- Follow up any emergency works requires after regular work time.
* What i Learned:
cooperation, active, team spirit, good planning,

*The hardest part of the job:
last minute suddenly in the work and specially during managers
meetings.
*The most enjoyable part of the job:
Finish any activity and closing the work order.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2012
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
Pros
flexable work rotations
Cons
n. a.
Productive place to work but very segmented.
Windows 7 Migration Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 March 2012
I have enjoyed doing contract work at BP. The culture is very diverse and the morale is quite good for a larger company. I would consider working at BP again but not as a contract employee.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
very segmented in your responsibilities