Here to help

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative236 reviews
United Kingdom236 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
I worked as night shift for 3 years and 6 months (11pm to 7am) with some days mixed in. during the night shift you are with one other member of staff and are given a lot of autonomy with no managers being there at night.

The hardest part of the job is in the morning sometimes (5 - 7am) when customers come in for a coffee even though there are like 5 - 7 people already waiting for there coffee to be made. while i'm making these the queue is leading out the store.

But this was my first job and I think this was a great place to work.
Pros
Free car washes, if you work nights you get your pick of the food waste to eat for lunch.
Cons
Stupid customers.
good work experience in bp example handling cash and you learn many thing in bp or any other petrol station and especially customer service to talk freindly with peoples great experience and joyful job.
Pros
nil
Cons
good hours as part time
A really good atmosphere to work in. lovely customers very good, hard working team members and encoiuraging and supporting management a great place to work
The job was okay as a temporary part-time interim job but I don't recommend it as a permanent job. The job involved cleaning, restocking and serving customers. On the night shift, BP don't tend to have a manager on duty, only another customer service assistant and it was because of this that I felt that I did not get the training that I needed. The team on the site I was working at were friendly on the whole but the training and management communication were very poor. The overwhelming majority of customers were very nice, there were a few rude customers but this is par for the course in any retail job. The only other benefits were the half price lunch and staff discount.
Best place to work with. Friendly staff no stress at work. Good support from the company all ways care about member of staff and coleigh..................................
Good job and I’m proud to work at Bp
Fast paced

A mixture of jobs working of tills on the coffee bar and shop floor

Always something to do

Work team is amazing

Everyone helps each other

Management is brilliant
As I worked nights the management were not on site so I led the team. Plenty of work to do as it was a newly opened service area on a major intersection. The pay is minimum wage regardless of whether your leading the team or just a team member. Most of the customers are regular visitors but in your first few weeks you have a fair amount of training to do which does involve working on the computer at home. Various shifts are available though benefits are low. Good variation of work available.
mainly till work
some stocking up

good bunch of people to work with

good and bad management

hardest part of the job is dealing with the public

get free tea or coffee
The store is not too big or too small, an excellent environment to gain experience of serving customers, communication between them, solving their problems, etc.
Poor Managment,expect to work all night and get no money for it,doing other people’s jobs and not enough time to have a fill 30 mins break,not great place to work
Ordering stock, receiving deliveries and checking their quality, preparing displays Motivating staff, unloading deliveries and stacking shelves, serving customers, dealing with performance of the management staff and all sales assistants. Dealing with associated paperwork’s, ensure that the store operates safety and legally in accordance with company HSSE, Food safety and Compliance policies and procedures.
Management are poor and pay is below the poverty line even when working max 40 hours you earn about 1400 a month. Not worth the stress. Look elsewhere.
I really liked working for Bp, it was really a good experience for my career I had more chance of dealing with customers and had more experiences about fuel and had experience of health and safety.
Its fast paced, i learned how to pull in deliveries and accept them on the system, how to print off reports of daily activities, being part of the management team is hard but im learning new things, the hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done that is expected of me which isnt always easy but i manage it and i find most enjoyable is that we all work well together.
The company has some brilliant benefits, you get a major holiday even if you only are contracted 8 hours a week, the holiday goes up yearly too, for example it works out that I have 6 weeks holiday this year due to being in the company a while.
Issues I do have are the fact you don’t know what kind of management team you’ll get, they like to chop and change them to different stores but the issues are the fact some are a lot lazier than others, I work nights and there’s no communication whatsoever and it’s not good.
Other staff aren’t always great at the job, management only happy if your making them look good. Lots of sickness. Good pay. Lots of different jobs on site.
Working in Bp was such a beautiful time , my first job experience and I can tell that i really enjoyed working there , great staff and management! I would recommend this company
Loved my time working here. Wish I had never left. The person i left because left shortly after so wish i had stuck it out. Really miss the people, manager was amazing. Hope to go back some day
It’s a decent job if you have nothing else going for you or just need part time work. No job in retail is wonderful, all as bad as each other in some way or another.
Pros
Always hours available
Cons
A lot of jobs in the day to complete
Training is minimal,
Atmosphere is unpleasant,

Management support is selective.

There's a subculture of grovelling, knee scraping with colleagues prepared to profit from your mistakes and not support new starter.