BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 2,961 reviews
A most convivial working enviroment
Forecourt Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kent6 August 2018
Having retired from full time employment secured this position on a part time basis. Fully experienced in a sales enviroment for over 30 plus years the position applied for was totally suitable. Customer based in a very busy environment involving fuel sales along with mini supermarket style shopping under the Spa banner.
Required to carry out regular health and safety, first aid, and fire and security sessions duly certified...
Pros
Cons
Eight hour shifts
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alcester24 January 2018
this role was very good i liked it a lot i loved the staff members and i can't deny that the salary was very good too, shame i had to leave really but oh well.
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands20 July 2017
Working the night shifts usually involved serving customers through the hatch where as a cashier you would have to do the running around and retrieve the products for the customers.
There was not much communication with the customers, so that was the only downside to the job, as by the time customers were allowed to come inside the shop my shift would usually finish.

Night shifts involved, serving, stocking, cleaning, stock room duties, basically I would get the shop ready for the morning rush and repeat duties the next day which were probably the hardest parts of the job but were obligatory and had to be done.

When i began the job, I think within a month I had learned quite a lot in terms of paper work, taking fuel delivery etc, which were mostly a managerial roles job, and within a year I am able to complete most manager tasks and have been approached by the manager for a partnership role on a different site.

The only downside to the job is that when there is a drive off (Bilking) or any mistakes made with paperwork you have to cover the costs of what ever has been stolen or what has been fined, which I think is not acceptable and against the law (workers rights).

but overall it is a friendly environment and if you do as told, mix in and communicate with other work colleagues it is quite enjoyable.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay fr drive offs
Friendly atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 March 2017
Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living in Manchester,
Pros
Free lunch and accommodation
Cons
Very happy here brilliant team ethics ana great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coseley17 December 2016
Manager passed away and wife gave up the business I worked on the till taking petroleum money and completely businesses accounts for companies who conducted their petrol monies on account, I also served customers with shop products
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester13 December 2016
Excellent company to work for . Good hours, met some good people, enjoyed interacting with the people, was gutted I had to leave.
cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Billericay East22 November 2016
Typical day of work is when we have less cashier on busy day.I learned how to behaive with customer and let them know any promotion.staffs were very good.
Pros
ponus
Cons
8hours
There is no career progression within the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eccles24 August 2016
fun working enviroment, face to face customer service, staff are perfect to work with, learned to organise work, serving people with fuel and confectionery, stacking shelves and taking fuel deliveries
Pros
meeting new people everyday
good training
Maintenance / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgend14 April 2016
good company to work for, decent pay and working conditions. rotas were prepared in advance so we could make plans. training was provided in all aspects.
Fantastic place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilberdyke, Yorkshire9 September 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, a family atmosphere, the boss always made you feel welcome and part of a team. the hours of working aprt from your shift were flexible.
Pros
Fun place to work, everyone friendly and helpful
Cons
Productive and fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil, WLS8 July 2015
Good place to work, colleagues made it a fun environment. Although a fast paced environment this meant it was an interesting job and allowed me to develop a range of skills
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford Gap South3 July 2015
A typical day at work is money handling and serving customers, with a pleasant smile and great manners. I work well in a team everyday, i enjoy new tasks
Pros
meet new people every day
Cons
not an enjoyable work place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  grove road , ENG18 May 2015
i was a night shift assistant i think the pay was very low the tasks would include date removal cleaning stock rotation as well as date checking
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Enjoyable and fast paced work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dover, ENG18 September 2014
The shift pattern varied between an early shift of 06.45- 14.45 or a late shift of 14.45-22.45.
I learned how to work well under pressure and how to communicate with every customer in a polite and friendly manner.
The management are very friendly and always do their best to find me hours as I am on a 0 hour contract.
I developed a strong relationship with all of my colleagues.
The hardest part of the job is the busy nature of the store, which means I am required to work at a fast pace but making sure my actions are correct and efficient.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people. I pride myself on having excellent interpersonal skills and I enjoy interacting with all different types of customers.
Pros
Good lunch break duration
Cons
Shift pattern
Good place of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT21 September 2013
Although i woked there when i was 16, it was a great place to work and you got to meet new people
Customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  manchester M12 6JZ10 June 2013
- Usually we receive customer which they paid fuel or goods(drink, chrips,..) and as a cashier we manage our till. we make sure money is correct on the till and provide a good customer service.
- I am improved my english skills every days when I met customer, we can discuss about english life or some news. We develop a good relationship with regular customer and we can listen some job opportunities to these customers.
- I am working 8 hours a day and I need to manage till such as the end my ship, I did not find a mistake or some lost money.
- With a co-worker, we are working as a team, there is no concurrence and we are doing our job as usual to get target such as sale more products offer on the month.
- The hard part of this job is checking the forecourt if there is no drive off when customer put fuel on his car. Customer must pay and we need to make sure that our till did not loose money.
- The most enjoyable part of job is when you meet customer, we talk about some story and we are laughing about it. That's a good part of job: Meeting customer. Because we are working alone during each shift.
Pros
meet customer
Cons
work standing
good place for work
cashier (Current Employee) –  lowestoft29 October 2012
That's a good place for work and I'm still looking for a place better than this one with a good salary.