BP Employee Reviews in Sunbury

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 3,022 reviews
Productive and fun place
Personal & Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey31 January 2017
The best workplace i have had so far, in last 5 years i'd say maybe 1% i felt unhappy to come here.
Learned lots for sure especially how to work with BP's leadership board and different cultures around the world.
Pros
Flexibility
Busy but enjoyable
Supporting the VP and Directors plus their teams (Current Employee) –  Sunbury20 October 2016
I was a contractor at BP for 10 years and worked in many different team around the Site. Have enjoyed my time here but they have made a lot of the Admin staff redundant and therefore contractors are being reduced soI am looking for a job outside BP.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No free lunches anymore for Contractors only perm staff
BP Oil Uk Ltd - contractor
HR Project Lead, Group HR Capability (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames29 March 2016
My time with BP was a great experience. My direct line management was probably of the best I have experienced throughout my 20+ year career. Equally team colleagues were a pleasure to work with

The salary and benefits were very good and no doubt very competitive in the market.

Work/life balance was good as there was flexibility in where and when I put my hours in - within the constraints of each project/assignment.

As a contractor I didn't have the same privileges as employees - as you would expect - but nonetheless, I felt a part of the team.

The work was challenging, especially the M&A work, but very engaging, offering plenty of personal development. As a global business there was opportunity to travel and expand cultural awareness.
Pros
Work environment; pay and bens; direct team and management
Cons
Strong cultural and political dynamics to navigate
Working days, busy & challenging but inspiring, satisfying and good to work with respect of colleagues and managers.Environment reflected BP's V&B.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT and team support (Former Employee) –  Sunbury & Feltham24 March 2016
Days were well balanced between diary management, expenses, travel and handling meeting logistics for 3 directors and assisting.other team members. Management & colleagues trusted me to make decisions and respected my discretion and confidentiality. My managers respected my organisational skills, my ability to work without supervision and for being proactive and resourceful.
I gained considerable experience in organising workshops, office moves and conferences and developed well-honed networking skills at all levels.
While carrying out my role I became conscious of the importance of Health & Safety within the workplace and became responsible for the new joiners and the safety induction programme.
BP encouraged learning and I took advantage of the opportunities.
I thrive under pressure, maintaining a consistent focus on providing a quality service by encouraging engagement and building rapport through establishing trust and mutual respect.
I gained extensive experience at BP of a multi-national matrix organisation with an understanding of corporate processes, reporting and procedures and the requirements and objectives of my client groups.
The hardest part of my job was finding rooms for conferences and workshops once we were no longer able to look outside.
The best part of my job was being appreciated for a job well done.
I opted to take a redundancy package at end of 2015.
Pros
Good hours, flexible, good salary, friendly, supportive environment along with good salary & bonus.
Cons
A Typical exciting day at work
Site Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames2 December 2015
Relationship management with key stakeholder (Business & Suppliers), dealing with any priority incidents relating to IT Infrastructure, ensuring infrastructure projects are on track for delivery and any risks associated from an HSE/Control of work perspective are minimised. Additionally there may be high profile events such as crisis and continuity that may also need to be managed - when they arise.
Pros
Great work life balance and professionals to work with!
Cons
Depressed oil prices affect corporate revenue
Very good company
Group Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury10 September 2015
BP is a very good company with excellent training provided to all its employees. It's currently suffering from low oil price.
Service Manager QA Test, Assurance & Transition (Current Employee) –  Sunbury1 September 2015
Great home life work life balance and you allowed to use your own thought process to make the right decisions. I have had the opportunity to work in all areas of BP ranging from Upstream to Downstream as well as working in multi cultural environments.
admin assistant
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, ENG9 January 2015
I loved woking at BP its a great place to work and great for familys. they have a great work home life ballance
Global Enterprise/Integration/Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Sunbury22 September 2014
Always exciting & interesting place to work.

Lots going on in the HR world, management very supportive with excellent team players.

Hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is the ever changing landscape and scope.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Difficult to co-ordinate an extremely complex landscape
Leadership Learning & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, ENG18 June 2014
I really enjoyed my time within BP and the benefits are the best I have ever come across.

This is a very process driven company and the HR department is run like a well oiled machine. The management are very supportive, however in terms of promotion their hands can sometimes be tied by headcount.. to counter this their are often jobs posted on the internal boards if you want to rise up through the ranks.

My only issue with working at BP was the location of the office, Sunbury, which feel very remote and you need to take a 20minute train ride to get to a nice area to eat / drink - not condusive to work socializing.
N/a
Global Recruiter/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunbury4 March 2014
Recruitment
 Responsible for managing end to end recruitment delivery against a portfolio of external requisitions as assigned by the Recruitment Director.
 Source/headhunt candidates using various channels; LinkedIn, OilCareers, TAS database, RigZone
 Stakeholder management.
 Development of robust strategies to attract, source and screen a high quality pool of diverse candidates for “hard to fill” roles within the Global Projects team.
 Manage and participate in the selection process to include screening against required technical standards.
 Offer management.
 Upload new job requisitions into TAS (recruitment system), opening and posting roles to the internal and external market.
 Contribute to the success of the wider Upstream Resourcing Team through participation in cross-team projects.
 Keep up-to-date with industry trends, latest market intelligence and recruitment legislation.
 Responsible for managing recruitment delivery against a portfolio of internal requisitions.
 Promote BP’s employee referral programme (ERP) by attendance and acting as a point of contact at conferences and events.
Large Corporate Company
Assessment & Inspection Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunbury27 September 2012
Early hours
Friendly co workers
Good Team building
Gained lots of xperience in different fields
Good for moving to different departments
Pros
close to home
Cons
very big