BP Employee Reviews in Sunbury

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 2,999 reviews
SAP MDM data manager (SME) (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey25 March 2019
Loved my job single handed. Great place to work , nice people around and a very supportive manager . Was able to get work from home when ever needed as I stayed very far from office . Challenging and fun work .
Pros
Work from home when needed
Cons
Far from home
Exciting place to work
Head of PMO (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey12 February 2019
Major projects at BP are at the cutting edge that are always eyeopening in their scale and provide an exciting insight into the broad challenges on offer.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Fragmented workforce
Corporate behemoth
Technical Analyst /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey8 February 2019
Many opportunities to do almost whatever you like. Constant restructuring of organisation. Not easy to navigate how to get things done. Constant duplication of effort.
Very fair with me
Office Manager/Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey22 January 2019
Are before, good to work for, bosses fair, I enjoyed working there. Everyone there are good honest people, who work hard. Lovely place to work and was local for me.
Pros
as before
Cons
as before
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey22 January 2019
I enjoyed working at BP very much. The bosses are very fair, they expect you to work very hard and do appreciate what you do. Also, the employees are good people, honest, trustworthy and very intelligent.
Pros
free lunch, Bupa, benefits, annual bonus, pension, 9 day fortnight, with 1 flex day
Cons
cannot say any bad
A diverse and inclusive workplace
PA to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey9 January 2019
I was based in Global Wells Engineering for 7 years. I enjoyed working with my managers and teams very much. I am proud to have been a member of BP's staff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Well paid but little job security
Several roles (Current Employee) –  Sunbury3 January 2019
Large organisation, pays well and can be a good place to work.

Unfortunately, frequent reorganisations mean you have very little job security and are often under threat of redundancy (can impact potential to get mortgage etc.).

In my experience, training is not very good. Limited availability, external courses discouraged and internal courses either not well promoted or likely to be cancelled at 11th hour.
Pros
Free lunch, corp perks, good colleagues, well paid
Cons
Frequent redundancy announcements, poor training opportunities
Projects Superintendent
Projects Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey4 October 2018
I arrive at 06:00 and enjoy the peace and quite of the first hour before everybody else turns up.
Loads of emails every day to answer, but also plenty of project activity to be getting on with. The good thing is that I am left alone to work to my own schedule.
Workplace culture is the best I have ever known, respect and good behaviours everywhere.
The hardest part of the job, is knowing when to go home, I really do enjoy what I do.
I do leave at about 15:30 to get ahead of the traffic having an hour half commute each way. However, flexibility is key and I have secured an arrangement where I can work from home one day a week.

This really has been a good company to work for.
Pros
Lots of benefits, good pay and nice people
Cons
Long comute every day
Working at BP
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey4 September 2018
Good pay, good facilities, no job security, poor top management.

Good opportunity to learn new skills. The projects usually involve two different companies which makes the project sucess an impossible mission due to different companies/vendors culture
As an intern at bp
Chemical engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Sunbury15 August 2018
BP is a very friendly fast paced working environment, extremely helpful employees who help you get settled in. Working environment is very suitable and flexibility with breaks makes work life much easier to manage and helps maintain a productive work life. Lunch served by BP in the canteen is excellent with employees receiving £5 free to spend every day and high is enough to enjoy their food.
Pros
Flexibility, free lunch, friendly and productive working environment.
Very good employer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunbury on thames11 June 2018
A very responsible job, which intailed the security and fire protection of the entire reseach site. The BP Research centre in sunbury was at that time a great job.
Pros
Good shift hours
Cons
Very noisy
Very good company to work for.
Interim Global Category Director, Retail Assets (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey3 May 2018
I always recommend BP to others. Great and varied opportunities in large multi-national blue chip. Can be very difficulty stakeholder engagement as a very decentralised structure with individual business units have P&L accountability. In procurement you need very good stakeholder engagement skills to deliver.
Pros
All you would expect from a global blue chip
Cons
Currently going through manger change
MSc intern att BP Sunbury
MSc Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunbury2 October 2017
Excellent place to work, from the people to the work culture. Constantly challenged me in the everyday work load, and provided adequate support.
The BP culture encourages an excellent work life balance, which included flexible working hours and clubs/societies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Far from Central London
BP after re-org
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey18 September 2017
Lack of promotion opportunities and expatriate postings combined with controlled organisations, management messaging that becomes more political by the day, have made BP an unsatisfactory place to work.
inexperienced managers makes my working life a nightmare
Category Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey11 September 2017
Hired as an experienced agency staff. Being discriminated against for not being staff, and find myself reporting to people who are still in training and who don't know the job.

Management complete lacks common sense

Paid well under market rate.

BP takes advantage of their people - poor pay and poor working conditions
Pros
it's a job
Cons
Location, discriminating towards contractor, favours challengers, poor salary
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey9 August 2017
BP is a good place to work in many ways. Good quality work, clients that generally work with you, decent pay and benefits and good working environment. However progress can be painfully slow.
A good place to work
Global Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey29 June 2017
Large organisation with strong values.
Changing and responding to changing business environment.
Allows entrepreneurial approach.
Lacks standardisation
Pros
Good benefits, attractive Share scheme, Flexibility, Free Lunches
Cons
Hierarchical
Good work environment
Procurement Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey12 April 2017
Great atmosphere with great culture and people. Offers opportunity to employees willing to upscale their knowledge and expertise to truly achieve their potentials.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too large a company
Fantastic employer
Client Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunbury16 March 2017
Brilliant employer in every way. Understanding and supportive staff, very generous perks, fun and busy working environment.

Training opportunities available as well as progression. Chance to interact with colleagues from abroad on a daily basis.
Productive and fun place
Personal & Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey31 January 2017
The best workplace i have had so far, in last 5 years i'd say maybe 1% i felt unhappy to come here.
Learned lots for sure especially how to work with BP's leadership board and different cultures around the world.
Pros
Flexibility

51.2K