BP Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 3,020 reviews
Head of Transformation / PMO UK (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes / London23 May 2017
I spent many years at BP in the downstream functions working on varied departments from fuel distribution to retail.

As an older company, BP was a slow moving organisation consatntly under change from (global) cost pressures. that said it was a fabulous place to work and varied considerably during my time there. Being an EA and lastly on special Projects were the most rewarding in terms of success and exposure
Pros
Free lunch, final salary pension, share scheme
personal assistant to the barrister
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 January 2017
I would undertake legal admin which would mean typing up tapes for legal contracts and carrying out the day to day duties in the office and making calls regarding conference rooms to be booked for meetings etc.

I had 5 years as a temp and loved every minute.

Very hard to learn all the legal jargon but always help on hand.

My co workers were friendly and always there to help if I needed it.

Always being taken to venues for meals and treated as part of the team.
Pros
Good money plus £5 to spend a day in the restaurant
Cons
It wasnt permanent
Shcheduler (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 January 2017
Exceptional Company to work for with great approach to work / home balance. Honest Managers who always try their best for you and help you build a career and better yourself
Too many redundancies
Fuels Data Executive (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG13 October 2015
• Looking after a customer management system that holds contact details, credit reports, customer activities and marketing information. I load the system on pc’s; do the training on this system and correct any problems that may occur as the first point of contact. I also manage the KPI (key
• Performance indicators) reporting of CMS.
• I managed credit requests on behalf of the credit team obtaining full financial records as and when the necessary reviews need to be done. Requesting Bank Guarantees when the current one is due to expire. I also request new bank guarantees or cash deposits when a customer’s credit rating deteriorates. This is also reported back to management as a KPI.
• I look after the RDCO (Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils) for reporting to Customs and Excise this includes ensuring that all customers that buy Kerosene and Gas Oil are registered at the correct level and are authorized to buy said products.
• I manage all the new leads that approach BP for a fuel card account; this amounts to 1,500 leads valued at £14.5 M liters per month.

This entire job was a learning curve as had been doing credit control for a long time.
Management were a good bunch of people that help their staff to progress if it was what the staff wanted.
My colleagues were helpful and endeavoured to be team players.
As with any customer database, when I first took on the role the other staff did not always forward the changes in a timely manner.

I had my own little role that became my baby and I enjoyed knowing it was as up to date as possible
Pros
staff outtings and free lunches
Cons
jobs being made redundant
This is a 6 month contract
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton keynes26 July 2015
Amazing people, very busy working environment, fast paced. Dealing with payroll and contract questions, updating HR system with changes of employees
Good work life balance
B2C Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG14 May 2015
BP offers a great work-life balance, good reward packages. Colleagues are generally fun and friendly, although the company suffers from over-administration.
Pros
Benefits & starting salary
Cons
Opportunities for advancement, management structure
overall a good job
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG2 February 2014
Working for bp was good, the experience i gained in a full time job was good and the pay was ok. I am only leaving BP as I need a change from retail and the environment I work in as I need to experience new experiences and learn new lessons to advance in a career that is more appropriate for myself.