Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Milton Keynes13 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
Management are fairly friendly but clicky. The team can help but only if you speak to the right people. Work culture was ok but again in the right environment.
Senior managers are looking at every opportunity to advance their own careers at the expense of others and indeed the business itself. Genuinely, look elsewhere irrelevant of the benefits they may offer you.
I am not going to say much but BP is one of the best company I have ever seen. Management are very good. It is a fun and easy place to work but safety is MUST one to have. Not ever days are same. Most of the time are FUN but there are some days I was not happy because I couldn't finish my tasks and made a mistake. Wish I could work more but had to leave due to my medical problem. But I am willing to reply soon as I recover.
Management had a tendance to "bully" certain members of her team.

Work/Life balance was non negotiable and work long hours.

I would not work here again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I spent many years at BP in the downstream functions working on varied departments from fuel distribution to retail.

As an older company, BP was a slow moving organisation consatntly under change from (global) cost pressures. that said it was a fabulous place to work and varied considerably during my time there. Being an EA and lastly on special Projects were the most rewarding in terms of success and exposure
Pros
Free lunch, final salary pension, share scheme
I would undertake legal admin which would mean typing up tapes for legal contracts and carrying out the day to day duties in the office and making calls regarding conference rooms to be booked for meetings etc.

I had 5 years as a temp and loved every minute.

Very hard to learn all the legal jargon but always help on hand.

My co workers were friendly and always there to help if I needed it.

Always being taken to venues for meals and treated as part of the team.
Pros
Good money plus £5 to spend a day in the restaurant
Cons
It wasnt permanent
Exceptional Company to work for with great approach to work / home balance. Honest Managers who always try their best for you and help you build a career and better yourself
Cons
I ran the Cafe at the BP.
I was in charge of the cafe, including ordering the food, cooking the food and temperature checks in line with compliance. I also did the regular checks in store and kept the compliance organised including dealing with workers and contractors and there contracts in order to be aware what work is being done and keeping the paperwork in order as well as making sure it was filled out and filed correctly.

I began training as a manager (duty) but had to stop due to falling pregnant with my first born.

I checked and followed health and safety daily and ensured any and all work was done correctly and safely.
good place to work, grgood place to work, great people, would recommendeat people, wgood place to work, great people, would recommendould recommend
• Looking after a customer management system that holds contact details, credit reports, customer activities and marketing information. I load the system on pc’s; do the training on this system and correct any problems that may occur as the first point of contact. I also manage the KPI (key
• Performance indicators) reporting of CMS.

• I managed credit requests on behalf of the credit team obtaining full financial records as and when the necessary reviews need to be done. Requesting Bank Guarantees when the current one is due to expire. I also request new bank guarantees or cash deposits when a customer’s credit rating deteriorates. This is also reported back to management as a KPI.

• I look after the RDCO (Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils) for reporting to Customs and Excise this includes ensuring that all customers that buy Kerosene and Gas Oil are registered at the correct level and are authorized to buy said products.

• I manage all the new leads that approach BP for a fuel card account; this amounts to 1,500 leads valued at £14.5 M liters per month.

This entire job was a learning curve as had been doing credit control for a long time.

Management were a good bunch of people that help their staff to progress if it was what the staff wanted.

My colleagues were helpful and endeavoured to be team players.

As with any customer database, when I first took on the role the other staff did not always forward the changes in a timely manner.

I had my own little role that became my baby and I enjoyed knowing it was as up to date as possible
Pros
staff outtings and free lunches
Cons
jobs being made redundant
Amazing people, very busy working environment, fast paced. Dealing with payroll and contract questions, updating HR system with changes of employees
BP offers a great work-life balance, good reward packages. Colleagues are generally fun and friendly, although the company suffers from over-administration.
Pros
Benefits & starting salary
Cons
Opportunities for advancement, management structure
Working for bp was good, the experience i gained in a full time job was good and the pay was ok. I am only leaving BP as I need a change from retail and the environment I work in as I need to experience new experiences and learn new lessons to advance in a career that is more appropriate for myself.