• Looking after a customer management system that holds contact details, credit reports, customer activities and marketing information. I load the system on pc’s; do the training on this system and correct any problems that may occur as the first point of contact. I also manage the KPI (key
• Performance indicators) reporting of CMS.
• I managed credit requests on behalf of the credit team obtaining full financial records as and when the necessary reviews need to be done. Requesting Bank Guarantees when the current one is due to expire. I also request new bank guarantees or cash deposits when a customer’s credit rating deteriorates. This is also reported back to management as a KPI.
• I look after the RDCO (Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils) for reporting to Customs and Excise this includes ensuring that all customers that buy Kerosene and Gas Oil are registered at the correct level and are authorized to buy said products.
• I manage all the new leads that approach BP for a fuel card account; this amounts to 1,500 leads valued at £14.5 M liters per month.
This entire job was a learning curve as had been doing credit control for a long time.
Management were a good bunch of people that help their staff to progress if it was what the staff wanted.
My colleagues were helpful and endeavoured to be team players.
As with any customer database, when I first took on the role the other staff did not always forward the changes in a timely manner.
I had my own little role that became my baby and I enjoyed knowing it was as up to date as possible
staff outtings and free lunches
jobs being made redundant