Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Aberdeen

Aberdeen17 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
Poor management within the department I work in, made to feel as if you are not part of the team. Always looked upon as if 'oh they're just a contractor, they must be earning a fortune'. In fact all full time employees received bonuses and reward gifts this year but nothing as far a contract staff are concerned. Daily rate cut three years ago and not risen since despite annual requests. Contractors be aware.
colleagues are a good laugh. you'll never be bored. Management will listen to you and try to help personal or professional issues. pays a little over minimum wage. communication lacking between head office and stores.

on the whole it's a good job.
Pros
15% off in shop. 50% off lunch up to £6
I worked as a contractor on a short term contract with BP for 7 months. I really enjoyed my time here, it was challenging and I improved my logistical skills, it was my first position working for an operator and the culture was a little different that what I was used to. Great company to work for and the management were great. The best part about this job was the day rate.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short term contract.
long 12 hour shifts
A lot of hard work done

A lot of safety emphasis

decent breaks

good management overall

a lot of stairs with a lot of walking about

very cold at times with horrendous weather

mix of testing and inspection with technical work and working with commissioning.
Pros
food was great
Cons
long hours, away from family
Its great as it always challenging or something new to keep your minding thinking and ticking over. Always new work scope to tackle and a sense of achievement once you complete tasks.
Very busy environment, well structured, though communication can be slow and ineffective in a large organisation. Good working culture with a can do and get it done attitude.
Overall good company to work for especially as free lunches for staff & Flex Fridays so work/life balance good but my job was effected by the low oil price so made redundant.
Pros
Free lunch for staff & Flex Fridays
Cons
Expected to work longer hours than contracted
Treating common ailments, water testing, COSHH, Manual Handling, Hand Arm Vibration.

I learned many new Industrial Health tasks working for BP for example Noise Management, Hand Arm Vibration Management along with many other roles in the offshore industry.

I found both the Platform and onshore Management to be excellent.

The hardest part of the job was the time away from home.

Seeing patients who have been ill/unwell/injured recover.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Long hours and on call 24 hours per day
Have worked for BP for over 10 years on various projects in different locations and familiar with BP systems of work,
BP operate to a standard that is applied worldwide which has proven successful.
Pros
vairiety of projects - availability of online training
Cons
The daily challenges of such a demanding project given it was working on a greenfield project to married up to an existing brownfield site
Pros
flexi time
Cons
BP is an excellent organisation to have worked for over the last 25 years. This is a company who make clear the expectations and values that all employees must be committed to when part of the firm.

In my career I have worked across the majority of the BP portfolio of businesses which included International assignments. All the business units have differing challenges but the commitment within the teams and the shared strive for excellence is visible at all times. Everybody working for BP shared the same desire to 'do the right thing' This is a company who value and encourage diversity and inclusion. The playing field is level for all employees which encourages development and progression. This is a great example of a learning organisation.
Cons
Unless your face fits a company where you'll go nowhere. Aberdeen is seen as unimportant with all decision of import being made in Sunbury.
Pros
Looks good on your CV
Cons
Too many to list
I worked for BP for 30 years. I began as a Radio and Electronics Officer and ended up in the North Sea, initially on a support vessel and latterly in the Forties Field on Forties Delta.
I went into Planning from my production role, and finished up in the Continuous Improvement arena, based both offshore and for two years in BP's Dyce Office.

I loved every day that I was with BP. They are perhaps one of the best employers in the world and extremely professional in all aspects of the company.
Pros
Excellent Salary levels in all trades.
Cons
Working offshore could occasionally have its problems.
Good focus on work/life balance
Flexible benefits are good

Good basic package

very poor management
Coordination helicopter and fixed wing movements and operations.
Supervising and coordinating the movements of personnel and freight.

A member of the emergency call out team.
My day ay work is typically challenging each day as each day brings on new challenge in procurement at BP. Procure to Pay in itself is demanding and since it is a critical stage before purchase requires loads of critical decision to make and audits to do before approving a Purchase order.

Co- Wokers are co-operative and friendly to work wtih as Bp as a nice work culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salary is a bit low
I learned how to handle customer complaints and resolve it even in very busy environment.
I developed taking more challenges to run BP garage.

There are plenty of things to concentrate at once.

I'm doing outstandingly good