BP Employee Reviews for Duty Manager

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 3,573 reviews
Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Brilliant Org
PMO Data Anlayst (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey16 October 2019
Would recommend to anyone looking for a role in IT to join BP- Great ethics/values and facilities. Great staffing facilities such as Gym, Free parking, Great canteen etc
Work mean work
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 November 2019
I am not going to say much but BP is one of the best company I have ever seen. Management are very good. It is a fun and easy place to work but safety is MUST one to have. Not ever days are same. Most of the time are FUN but there are some days I was not happy because I couldn't finish my tasks and made a mistake. Wish I could work more but had to leave due to my medical problem. But I am willing to reply soon as I recover.
Nice place to work.
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Finchley Lane20 September 2019
BP is one of the places where people are recognised for their hard work and encouraged to advance in career. Diversity is the key element in building a strong and distict team which shows high involvement and capacity to work with different types of customers under all circumstances.
Pour place to work
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London23 August 2019
Pour pay for management and CSA ,As a manager u have to manage everything from ,tills ,money,fuel,delivery,stock ,imposible to grow up in the company only if you are Asian or good looking female,All of them thy know each other and they promote their friends or relatives
If you are desperate for a job yes is ok but for the future NO RUN Away
Pros
U have a job
Cons
Pour
Great staff very friendly
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 June 2019
You can advance your career by going on management programs the managers try there best to accommodate your life style needs given the store is demanding as it’s always very busy you know what is expected of you and as long as all jobs are finished everything will be fine
Pros
Half price lunches 15% discount
Cons
Busy stores
Worst salary for duty managers
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  N/A25 December 2018
You basically need to give up your personal life as soon as you walk in down this aisle, you need to make yourself ready working on bank holidays, not only you don’t see your family and relatives on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day but also you don’t get any premium pay . you’ll never get paid for your overtime as a manager and you pretty much do overtime every single week.
Basically a full time 40h customer service assistant makes more money than a duty manager end of the year.
You have a lot of responsibilities such as compliance book, taking deliveries & check their temperature ,
Reconcile everything everyday, department checks every week and.............
I don’t recommend it at all.
That was one my biggest mistake in my whole entire life, just had unnecessary stress that I never had before.
Just stay full time employee and enjoy your life.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay
Great Company with plenty of oppurtunity to progress
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport9 November 2018
I performed as an acting deputy manager for almost 7 years and I am subsequently well-equipped at dealing with high-pressure situations and high foot traffic, all the while delivering the best service.

As well as carrying out normal expected retail duties I spent the years using my managerial skills to improve the business by monitoring cash conversion reports and KPI files to deliver profit to the business.
I was responsible to study and find areas of improvement on our KPI's each month and continue to deliver great results.
I attended multiple meetings and training courses on a regular basis, sometimes having to travel a very long distance to attend. I am always willing to learn and improve my knowledge and I give 100% to any challenge or opportunity that approaches me.
I was also in charge of our stores TimeTeq payroll system. I ensured employee’s wages were correct by daily monitoring clock in's, sickness and absence accordingly.
I contributed to recruiting a large amount of staff during my time as a manager, interviewing and completing the recruitment admin process with HR regularly. I have a good understanding towards HR and this is something I would like to develop one day.
Amazing opportunity
CSA - Duty manager - Acting Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex26 October 2018
Great opportunity to progress to any position in the company. The people that you work with can not only be called your team, but good friends because of the positive atmosphere that you can have at BP.
Pros
Great people
fast pacced role
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London21 August 2018
Company is secure for not having to worry about redundancy but advance ment is hard and benefits poor. If you want to gain basic management it is not a bad company but hours are very unsociable and site managers ca treat lower managers badly with hours.
Pros
Free hot drinks car washes and discounted food.
Cons
unsociable hours
Fun place to work
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne29 May 2018
Great place to work, slow on training courses needed to complete probation. Management differs from store to store but generally treat their staff well. Most seemed happy to be with bp.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Lack of leadership
fun place
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnham29 January 2018
very nice and friendly staff to work with. and you can have morning shift(06am-14pm). afternoon shift(14pm-22pm), or a night shift(22pm-06am). opened 24/7.
Pros
50% lunch discount
Cons
40 hours a week
Good place to work but pay isn’t great
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire19 October 2017
BP is a great place to work in terms of management, holiday allowances and flexible shift patterns but pay for a duty Manager is pretty bad. You’re expected to be able to do the same job as a store manager and store deputy manager but pay is only marginally more than being a CSA and if you take into account the extra hours duty’s do without being paid for because it’s a salary position, CSAs end up on more than you.
Pros
Good Management, great environment to work in, 50% off lunch
Cons
Pay
challenging enviroment
DUTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London15 July 2017
Every day is different in a busy and challenging environment. Company is quite a progressive forward thinking retailer. The fact every day is different makes it interesting. The hardest part is the shift work as chops and changes a lot.
Pros
50% Lunch allowance free car washes
Cons
Unsociable hours
Not a ideal place
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill4 June 2017
Too much to do for less money with bad management in stores
head office staff very helpful and good focus on staff
Too much abuse from customers which you need to tolarate.
fast paced industry
Duty Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dorset30 May 2017
very busy and fast paced early morning deliveries, overseeing staff management, making sure all jobs are completed to a high standard.
Office management placing orders and dealing with enquiries from the public and other Store Managers. making sure all aspects of HSSE are adhered to, cash handling, banking, fuel and cash management.
Pros
50% off lunches and 15% take home discounts. Customers and staff
Cons
Unsociable hours, sometimes long hours, A company that does not appreciate the effort provided by staff.
Great team and friendly people
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshire20 March 2017
Good job for single people who don't mind losing that important work to life ratio.Management not good, constantly shifting boundaries.Hours very long constantly working longer than supposed too for no extras or thanks.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Very long hours and terrible shift patterns.
It was overall Great Experience working with BP. Amazing place to work!
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire14 March 2017
It was overall Great Experience working with BP. BP is Amazing place to work! Management is employee centric, Good Salary benefits and work like balance.
Avoid
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland23 November 2016
Also get told that the 40 hour a week contract isn't 40 hours but is expected to be more. Store manager make sure their shifts are covered with staff and duty shifts are struggling. Then getting moaned at for not completing tasks. Also you never get the time back even if worked extra. Oh and if you are backshift and one night shift member phones in sick and there is no cover guess who has to stay and do a double shift? And if you are on the back shift the next day you are still expected to be there for 2pm. Please do yourself a favour avoid. I'm currently looking for a way out. Not worth the money you are paid
Pros
Staff are fun
Cons
Nothing changes
Low pay
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire24 October 2016
Do not give you the opportunity to progress within the store after Duty Manager, unless you are willing to relocate or drive to stores that are deemed too far.
Terrible management
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland11 August 2016
Terrible place to work. Managers haven't a clue what they are doing, one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever worked for. Every level from regional manager to store manager are terrible at their job. Certain people get protected and can so anything in store, ie harassment.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Unprofessional company
good for progression and training
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 May 2016
Training is on top form very immersive, but the hours of work can be a bit full-on impacting on work/personal life balance
Pros
Discount on M&S range
Cons
some upper managment need further training

51.4K