Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom798 reviews
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
I recommend working for company bp they pay Good money look after staff and has good package for staffs. I have worked over 7 years for bp and the only.reason I.left because I move to out
Pros
Time flies
Cons
nothing
Got a lot of superstar staff and their work goes unnoticed with their effort input and consideration other staff members.
Managers occasionally undervalue staff opinion on a matters.

And could be more open to all staff reviews on the topics rather than just at owe.
Pros
A family like.friendly environment. Routine on shift.
Cons
Communication.consideration. criticism with no construction
I worked as night shift for 3 years and 6 months (11pm to 7am) with some days mixed in. during the night shift you are with one other member of staff and are given a lot of autonomy with no managers being there at night.

The hardest part of the job is in the morning sometimes (5 - 7am) when customers come in for a coffee even though there are like 5 - 7 people already waiting for there coffee to be made. while i'm making these the queue is leading out the store.

But this was my first job and I think this was a great place to work.
Pros
Free car washes, if you work nights you get your pick of the food waste to eat for lunch.
Cons
Stupid customers.
Taken on as duty manager, promoted to deputy manager the day my 3 months training finished (they sacked the DM the same day). Store manager left after a few months and I was left to run a very busy store, and set up a new one (recruiting all staff and overseeing training), with little or no support....and on deputy managers salary.
Days were long and hard, but enjoyable.
Pros
Colleagues, I had a brilliant team
Cons
Senior management, lack of support, poor pay for what was expected
Great place to work been Was employed with site for 15 years through tome tupe over to different contractors great learning opportunities , good squad to work fo and along side -
Pros
Learning
Cons
Contract ending
good work experience in bp example handling cash and you learn many thing in bp or any other petrol station and especially customer service to talk freindly with peoples great experience and joyful job.
Pros
nil
Cons
good hours as part time
Too many people feel they own the decision right. Lots of entrenched beliefs about how things are done and different approaches are hugely resisted. To the extent the old guard will collaborate to stifle success.
Some groups of people do not have the right to implement change, especially if you look different from the majority. Lots of clique and institutional resistance.
Pros
Great opportunity for wide breath of work experiences
Cons
Old guard, too influential, they have become blockers to real progress.
Management are fairly friendly but clicky. The team can help but only if you speak to the right people. Work culture was ok but again in the right environment.
Unfortunately there is not much team ethic. I was involved in the gym based side of the business I must stress and therefore was not a focal point of the business.
Opinions are dismissed when feedback is required. you are not listened too and will be misled by manipulative and secretive management.

Management show no care and overlook anything that suits them, even if goes against lawful policies (especially within health and safety).
Cons
Wage is minimum wage even if you are respectfully qualified.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
Joined as an apprentice in no shipping travelled the world all except Russia and Latin America became superintendent moved across from shopping to the commercial downstream business bp marine. Posted in Athens 3 years and Paris 6 years becoming European marine manager then back to uk. Ultimately act yes as director for acquisition of Castrol
my store manager had me dismissed because I stuck up for a csa she was abusing and then managed me out the business setting rules and then sacking me.
Great company to work for. I started here as a temp assignment hopeful I would be kept longer but the covid 19 epidemic meant cut backs had to be made at bp so extending my temp assignment via agency was not a possibility
I have worked for bp for many years, and progressed into management. Team members are trained/coached throughout, and with potential, go onto management roles. There is lots to do within a bp simply food, but it keeps you active.
Pros
We work as a team, helping each other, and can always approach HR for help.
Cons
Open 365 days a year.
A really good atmosphere to work in. lovely customers very good, hard working team members and encoiuraging and supporting management a great place to work
I've been a night shift for almost 8 years at the time of writing. It's a decent company if you like working in retail and forecourts. Plenty of work to do and the early/late shifts are working just as hard.
Jobs usually involve cleaning and tidying, facing up and checking dates on chilled.
The job was okay as a temporary part-time interim job but I don't recommend it as a permanent job. The job involved cleaning, restocking and serving customers. On the night shift, BP don't tend to have a manager on duty, only another customer service assistant and it was because of this that I felt that I did not get the training that I needed. The team on the site I was working at were friendly on the whole but the training and management communication were very poor. The overwhelming majority of customers were very nice, there were a few rude customers but this is par for the course in any retail job. The only other benefits were the half price lunch and staff discount.
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Good place to work, but undergoing huge change right now, so lots of re organisation and changes in roles. Good benefits package and work environment.
Can be challenging to get things done as such a huge business
Best place to work with. Friendly staff no stress at work. Good support from the company all ways care about member of staff and coleigh..................................
Good job and I’m proud to work at Bp
Fast paced

A mixture of jobs working of tills on the coffee bar and shop floor

Always something to do