BP Employee Reviews

Found 436 reviews matching the search See all 2,938 reviews
Productive and fun workspace
DBaaS (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London8 April 2019
It has got many innovative products. They uses all cutting edge technologies to make it easy for their use of software products. I've learnt new technologies with them.
Good place to work for.
Secretary & PA (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 April 2019
I had previously worked for BP in Canary wharf on a contract/temporary basis on four occasions between late 2006 and again in August to November 2007. My experiences working there was very positive, and even though I was there temporarily, they provided very good training and I personally believe the support given by the staff/ colleagues was great. If they had an office in the Croydon area, I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
That they provided company training and had provided free daily lunches.
Cons
Journey to and from Canary wharf via train/tube or DLR to building.
pay was not great but the job itself keeps you mutlitasking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 April 2019
The job was great fit for me but the pay was not enough compared to the amount of work I was doing. I have learnt how to manage it all by myself, this includes managing the fuel system, managing the till alongside lottery and paypoint and serving customers of course and stacking shelves.
SAP MDM data manager (SME) (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey25 March 2019
Loved my job single handed. Great place to work , nice people around and a very supportive manager . Was able to get work from home when ever needed as I stayed very far from office . Challenging and fun work .
Pros
Work from home when needed
Cons
Far from home
Excellent Place to work
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2019
Great place to work with good structures and good work life balance.
Very supportive to employees and depending on your Line Manager you will enjoy this place.
Good salary and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility and good atmosphere
Cons
Too many projects sometimes drown focus
Exciting place to work
Head of PMO (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey12 February 2019
Major projects at BP are at the cutting edge that are always eyeopening in their scale and provide an exciting insight into the broad challenges on offer.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Fragmented workforce
Permanent - great, Contractor - very little support
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pangbourne11 February 2019
As a permanent employee, the salary and benefits are great and also the company invests in diversity. A good deal of support to advance is available, though some managers are more encouraging than others. Good life work balance. Although promotions are listed with pride, these "promotions" not given, they are listed as a new job so it is down to interview skills not job worthiness. Also, the company proudly sponsors diversity, again this is not the case for interviews.

As a contractor, although colleagues treat you as an equal, there are constant reminders that you will never be anything but a second class citizen. There is no advancement financially or otherwise, no matter the experience or the amount of time you work for them. There are no benefits, you feel undervalued and there is no hope of being given a permanent job after a certain amount of time, either. That said, the contractors tend to work harder than their increasing higher paid colleagues but with no benefits, no job security and no permanency offered, you wonder why.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, support, diversity - for permanent staff
Cons
Support and encouragement can be lacking with some managers
Corporate behemoth
Technical Analyst /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey8 February 2019
Many opportunities to do almost whatever you like. Constant restructuring of organisation. Not easy to navigate how to get things done. Constant duplication of effort.
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire4 February 2019
Meet lots of new people and great first job. very diverse and can work your way up to management if you wish to. Task are straightforward and staffs are vey helpful if you need help.
Very fair with me
Office Manager/Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey22 January 2019
Are before, good to work for, bosses fair, I enjoyed working there. Everyone there are good honest people, who work hard. Lovely place to work and was local for me.
Pros
as before
Cons
as before
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey22 January 2019
I enjoyed working at BP very much. The bosses are very fair, they expect you to work very hard and do appreciate what you do. Also, the employees are good people, honest, trustworthy and very intelligent.
Pros
free lunch, Bupa, benefits, annual bonus, pension, 9 day fortnight, with 1 flex day
Cons
cannot say any bad
Friendly but draining
Team member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2019
An overall good experience. Depending on the area, some customers can be quite racist but usually, that was not my experience. The hours are quite tiring as they are from 6am-2pm 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6pm which means that some compromise has to be made. Management was great, they listen to your input and problems efficiently. The hardest part of the job is wearing steel-toed shoes as they are heavy and should only be used for people on the shop floor (but that is not the case). Also, making mistakes while authorising fuel pumps is easy because you have to serve customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part is meeting nice coworkers and free coffee to get you through the shift.
Pros
15% off food
Cons
Awkward hours, difficult customers
Great pay and work-life balance, but progression opps can be limited
Finance (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2019
BP is a family oriented company offering comparatively great pay at each level and good work-life balance.

The down side to this however is that progression opportunities can be limited to those who are young and ambitious as many employees within BP prefer to maintain the status-quo to retain work-life balance.
Pros
Great pay and work-life balance
Cons
Progression opportunities can be limited at times
Productive, freedom to express yourself and encourage learning
Chemical Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hull, Saltend15 January 2019
Meetings, time to work on projects, team working culture and really support in development from the top down. Unfortunately, BP seems to be looking to leave the UK which is a huge shame and a huge loss.

Most enjoyable part is the encouragement to continue learning and developing with clear opportunities for career progression.
Pros
career development is big
Cons
job security is poor due to company downsizing and moving out of petrochemicals
A diverse and inclusive workplace
PA to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey9 January 2019
I was based in Global Wells Engineering for 7 years. I enjoyed working with my managers and teams very much. I am proud to have been a member of BP's staff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Well paid but little job security
Several roles (Current Employee) –  Sunbury3 January 2019
Large organisation, pays well and can be a good place to work.

Unfortunately, frequent reorganisations mean you have very little job security and are often under threat of redundancy (can impact potential to get mortgage etc.).

In my experience, training is not very good. Limited availability, external courses discouraged and internal courses either not well promoted or likely to be cancelled at 11th hour.
Pros
Free lunch, corp perks, good colleagues, well paid
Cons
Frequent redundancy announcements, poor training opportunities
Negative
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London19 December 2018
Normal retail environment. Blame culture going around and a lot of uncertain hours. Management willing to help but there is no room for promotion really.
Good Teams, Poor Management
Operations Technician/Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Easington, UK16 December 2018
I am a dedicated, organised and methodical individual who is able to work in a busy environment and produce high standards of work individually and as part of a team. With extensive experience as an Electrical Technician I have become skilled in problem solving in a resourceful and efficient manner. I have leadership experience and have become adaptable to change and new processes. I am determined, loyal and friendly and have an active and dynamic approach to getting a job done.
The glory days are gone
Admin (Former Employee) –  London10 December 2018
Once renowned for being an employer that really looked after their staff, they're no different from the vast majority of large corporates. The things that distinguished it as a great employer like a good WLB (Work Life Balance) etc isn't so much the case anymore. Tends to be a 'bit behind the curve' in relation to changing attitudes and still progress to be made in Diversity & Inclusion.
Pros
Free Lunches, Decent Benefits Package
Cons
Long hours, still bureaucratic, archaic attitudes in certain areas
Good Company
Contract Coverage Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire9 December 2018
Great company to work for with a good work life balance. Friendly, challenging and new opportunities. Good work atmosphere. Professional and supportive.

51.2K