BP Employee Reviews

Found 280 reviews matching the search See all 1,814 reviews
Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
SAP MDM data manager (SME) (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey25 March 2019
Loved my job single handed. Great place to work , nice people around and a very supportive manager . Was able to get work from home when ever needed as I stayed very far from office . Challenging and fun work .
Pros
Work from home when needed
Cons
Far from home
Great place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury9 October 2019
Fun place to work all staff friendly. Customers are polite. Great hours. Great benefits pay excellent nothing negative would highly recommend. This job
Great adventurous exoeeience in life
Able Seaman (Former Employee) –  London26 September 2019
Worked for Bp for 5 years which have me the experience with the flow of life .with a safety work culture and hence providing the best work outcome.Bp has been a source of inspiration to most seafarers and to encourage other seafarers in the merchant navy
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Less manning for seafarers
Interesting work
Preservation Lead (Current Employee) –  Home Based23 September 2019
Recruited as a Preservation Engineer for a mega project, I immediately immersed myself in the role & was given the opportunity & support to expand the role as far as I wanted to take it.
After the project management team changed out, the opportunity & support was withdrawn.
Very Well Organised
Department of Technology in Retail (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey11 September 2019
My week-long experience was fully planned out by the company, making sure I learn as much as possible through the placement. The company takes good care of its employees and I was able to easily socialise with other workers there.
Not a good place to work as contractor
Geomatics Cartographer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City20 August 2019
Poor management within the department I work in, made to feel as if you are not part of the team. Always looked upon as if 'oh they're just a contractor, they must be earning a fortune'. In fact all full time employees received bonuses and reward gifts this year but nothing as far a contract staff are concerned. Daily rate cut three years ago and not risen since despite annual requests. Contractors be aware.
Fab place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton Canes, Staffordshire16 August 2019
Great at getting shifts to work around your personal life.
Good rates of pay and holidays.
Uniforms provided.
Great opportunity to progress if wanted.
Pros
Great rate of pay.
Cons
Some incredibly busy shifts.
No chance for career buidling
Service Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-On-Thames14 August 2019
After 10 years, I have seen at least 5 reorganisations which have always resulted in a cull of the workforce and the survivors being appointed to new roles. You have to stick to these new roles for 2 years, so just as you might be heading up, you will hit the next reorganisation.

The most recent reorganisation is acknowledged as the worst on record (2 extra days holiday given by way of apology), and they have left the organisation design in a mess. Sadly, they are crying out for true leaders with a better sense of direction. All they have are self interested climbers who have their vanity projects to make a name. BP used to be a Leader now it is a Follower of fashion and it will change every time the wind blows.
Financially it's not bad to work here, but a lot worse than it used to be, but don't expect to see that grow.
Strong teamworking ethos, great opportunities if you're willing to put the work in!
Talent Attraction Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunbury12 August 2019
I have been working at BP for nearly six years and am very grateful for the career development and opportunities I've been provided along the way. Working in a complex, multinational company certainly comes with its challenges, but if you work hard and go above-and-beyond, the rewards and recognition you receive make it very worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working, career opportunities
Cons
Working in a complex, multinational business can slow processes
Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury7 July 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetland2 July 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing
Awful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawkhurst, Kent27 May 2019
Would never work for BP again. Terrible management, not long breaks. Was treated unfairly and spoken to badly. Wages were always wrong or not in on time.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
All of it
Overall good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 April 2019
Good company, with good rewards package, however has re-organisations ever couple years. Great facilities at Sunbury site and addition benefits available to staff
Okay
Legal & Regulatory Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey19 April 2019
Started in November 2013. Still working there. It is an okay place to work.

The company upholds good values but it is not consistently applied across the organisation.
Productive and fun workspace
DBaaS (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London8 April 2019
It has got many innovative products. They uses all cutting edge technologies to make it easy for their use of software products. I've learnt new technologies with them.
Good place to work for.
Secretary & PA (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 April 2019
I had previously worked for BP in Canary wharf on a contract/temporary basis on four occasions between late 2006 and again in August to November 2007. My experiences working there was very positive, and even though I was there temporarily, they provided very good training and I personally believe the support given by the staff/ colleagues was great. If they had an office in the Croydon area, I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
That they provided company training and had provided free daily lunches.
Cons
Journey to and from Canary wharf via train/tube or DLR to building.
Excellent Place to work
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2019
Great place to work with good structures and good work life balance.
Very supportive to employees and depending on your Line Manager you will enjoy this place.
Good salary and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility and good atmosphere
Cons
Too many projects sometimes drown focus
Exciting place to work
Head of PMO (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey12 February 2019
Major projects at BP are at the cutting edge that are always eyeopening in their scale and provide an exciting insight into the broad challenges on offer.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Fragmented workforce
Permanent - great, Contractor - very little support
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pangbourne11 February 2019
As a permanent employee, the salary and benefits are great and also the company invests in diversity. A good deal of support to advance is available, though some managers are more encouraging than others. Good life work balance. Although promotions are listed with pride, these "promotions" not given, they are listed as a new job so it is down to interview skills not job worthiness. Also, the company proudly sponsors diversity, again this is not the case for interviews.

As a contractor, although colleagues treat you as an equal, there are constant reminders that you will never be anything but a second class citizen. There is no advancement financially or otherwise, no matter the experience or the amount of time you work for them. There are no benefits, you feel undervalued and there is no hope of being given a permanent job after a certain amount of time, either. That said, the contractors tend to work harder than their increasing higher paid colleagues but with no benefits, no job security and no permanency offered, you wonder why.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, support, diversity - for permanent staff
Cons
Support and encouragement can be lacking with some managers
Corporate behemoth
Technical Analyst /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey8 February 2019
Many opportunities to do almost whatever you like. Constant restructuring of organisation. Not easy to navigate how to get things done. Constant duplication of effort.
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire4 February 2019
Meet lots of new people and great first job. very diverse and can work your way up to management if you wish to. Task are straightforward and staffs are vey helpful if you need help.