BMW Employee Reviews

United Kingdom233 reviews
Featured review
BMW selected this as a representative review
wonderful place to work
Sytner BMW is a wonderful place to work. I thoroughly enjoy my job and more so the people i work with everyday. I have learned so much and so many transferable skills that I will always have with me.
Awful place to work
Inept unprofessional senior management, always working against each other, fueled by their inadequacies, incompetancies and paranoia. Terrible place to work
good company to work for
worked for BMW for nearly 20 years, first as a welder and then as a line operator. It is a fast paced work environment, and can be physically demanding but overall good opportunities and benefits.
I liked working for BMW
Rather fast paced job but it was really well organised no ifs and buts you had your list of duties and that's it. You got your induction, training, everything was explained and if you found some way to do your job better you could talk about it with your management. Not easy job by any means but really well organized. Only downside is that this line of work might not be for everyone.
productive workplace
the job overall was good. some days are hard and some days are easy, everyone at the job just gets on with work there are no messing about. I would recommend getting a job there if someone asked for my opinion,
Amazing place to work in
Amazing place to work in. People are friendly and smiling at you all the time. Everyone is doing their best to provide customers with their needs. I love being part of the team there. Thank you!
Motivating and fun workplace
Really nice place to work with friendly people. Management are always encouraging us to grow. Relaxed environment and everyone works as a team to meet deadlines.
Pros
Get to see and try the latest models
Cons
Excellent company
If you don't manage to get a job here , just give up . Sign on , go travelling , whatever. Just don't go and work for anyine else it will be a disappointing and dreary experience . This company is truly world class , others just say it !!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMW?
Make It Temporary
Job was actually quite good for a couple months as management tries to make you stay. Getting BMW’s home almost every weekend etc. This changes quite dramtically after a few months and you become branded a non team player and the back stabbing crom the ancient staff beguns. Use it as a stop gap to do something else after 3 months but never let on to that.
Pros
Guaranteed bonus of £250 for 3 months plus any commission or bonus you make on top.
Cons
No work/life balance, nothing will ever improve
Amazing staff. Poor working conditions
Amazing and dedicated collegues who are not given credit or cared for. Working enviroments are very poor. Constant technical issues not allowing collegues to provide the service that management keep talking about. PC's and chairs broken, no work life balance as expected to work 40hrs a week including majority of weekends. Poor wages for the work expected.
HR unhelpful when issues were raised. Would not recommend to anyone.
High pressure role with continuous improvement expected
I spent 30 years within BMW Company. Most of my roles were customer focused and I worked hard to ensure that my customers quickly considered me part of their organisation.

Logistics is my fundamental background with responsibilities covering:

Inventory Control

Audit and Budget control

Team Management

Engineering Control

Functional KPI’s

Logistics System Developments
Good at work life balance and interesting work
They are probably the most advanced company I have contracted with in terms of remote working. I could dial in and work with colleagues in South Africa as easily as I did with those in the UK. The work was varied and interesting.
A very good place to work
Enjoyed working here
Alot of very knowledgeable engineers with lots of experience that were willing to help and guide you

Would work there again if opportunities arose
Not so good
Not organised management is not helpful staff is not friendly no progression not what’s offered in interview could do better and train people for the job
Productive and Fun Place
Great place to work and fun. I learnt how to manage my time effectively.
We had a lot support in order to achieve our targets.Everyone is open and very happy to teach you. Excellent constructive criticism.
Brilliant
Brilliant place to work, I would honestly recommend to anyone. Some day’s can be harder than others but very enjoyable and rewarding. If I had the opportunity I’d definitely work there again
Business Manager responsible for Finance and insurance sales
Learend about sales, finance products business sales etc
Every day was different, seeing customers, clsing deals, organisisng finance, peperwork etc. Hours were long and time off was poor
Stressful place to work while redundancy's where going on around me
While working at BMW I have learn't a new system called Kerrage in the car industry regarding services. Working in a way we handle the invoices by using email box to pull any information off. As I only worked there 2 months.
very friendly environment
a really nice environment to work and with friendly customers that call on a daily basis. its a very simple and straight forward job, great place to work
decent
Staff and helpful and customers are pretty straight forward in regards to their requests, nothing to difficult of a task and friendly welcoming environment
fantastic product awful management
potential to be fantastic all round garage with proper management a shame they do not value the staff and retention rate is 40% it is a big problem that is ignored at this site