BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Constantly put down
Mechanical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 October 2017
Not somewhrere id reconmend to anyone.. Wages arent great.. To many management and forever pushed with no incentive.
Only upside is the pension and shares.
Pros
Pension
Cons
No oppertunities
another one of your asks on foreign companies.
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  bristol, uk17 October 2017
all I want to do is apply for a job on your site and don't need to fill in about other companies not even in the usa. can we stop wasting time as this is the 5th one you have shoved at me.
great place to work
process leader (Current Employee) –  Washington16 October 2017
A good job that offered the chance to learn new skills, Has recently been through a transformation period and moved sites with some big investments made to update outdated technology.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
unions
review
safety (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 October 2017
generally a good company to work for. middle management engage and are positive about work. downside is executive level who make decisions without any working knowledge or discussion with those that do, hence ridiculous decisions made.
Inspiring place to work
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire9 October 2017
A rewarding career with flexible working and job satisfaction supporting the armed services. An amount of change required to become lean and competitive. I would happily work there again.
Relaxed workplace with good team spirit.
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 October 2017
My present job can be very rewarding. Due to company conduct and its stance within a growing Engineering environment it has the potential to shape a great future for the next generation. My role requires me to draw on my previous experience as a mechanical fitter and deliver course material to apprentices and naval staff. I am also responsible for carrying out regular learning reviews and creating new courses for the changing market. I also have to follow set ou KPIs to meet the companies needs.
Pros
Great benefits, Good salary
Cons
Hours, Stressful environment
interesting and informative
General office management (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent2 October 2017
learning about all the different departments can be fun yet also overwhelming. however once you have found your desired place, you will fit right in as the workforce are friendly and helpful.
Pros
welcoming and accomodating
Fun Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent2 October 2017
This was great and exciting place to do work experience and to learn more about the company and what sorts of things they do. I enjoyed my week there.
Fun workplace
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria28 September 2017
A good overall job well payed good staff challenging job. Hours worked was shift work and challenging.. Time of was good and our holiday allowance was fair
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Shift work
n/a
Caulker (Current Employee) –  Cumbria28 September 2017
This is a good company to work for, with a good wage at the end of the month, friendly work colleges and team leaders.
improvements could be made...
Rigid ex-military culture
Contractor (Former Employee) –  HM Naval base, Portsmouth28 September 2017
A difficult job but very interesting and innovative as I was part of a small team that introduced long term upkeep and maintenance periods to the Type 45 Destroyer Support Programme
Pros
Use of my past Naval experience to good effect
Cons
Battle against entrenched practices, delays, interference from external sources
Manufacturing focus/good worklife balance
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire26 September 2017
Continuous Improvement culture, fast paced proud heritage. Hardest part of job decisions can be slow due to risk adverse culture. Excellent development support for those who want to embrace personal improvement
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Decision making can be slow
You always had a routinue to follow whwn cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Medway, Kent20 September 2017
To start you had a partner to team up with and was given a certain area to clean then once you are happy then u you spilt the cleaning and would clean certain offices. I enjoyed it as I was working on my own at a good pace and work hours suited me .
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Boring cleaning on your own no customer work
Business Process and Organisation Change (Current Employee) –  Preston20 September 2017
Too many meetings
To say no more
Very detailed everything in slide packs
early morning start early afternoon finish
Getting to the right resources
Working with some good people
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
work environment not the best
Enjoyable
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Usk, Monmouthshire19 September 2017
This job was very enjoyable, working with great colleagues and management. Work hours was very suitable to my lifestyle and the pay was reasonable for the hours that I worked.
Pros
Cons
Out of catchment area
Difficult Environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guildford14 September 2017
The company is going through a number of changes, and times are very difficult. Far too much work, but not enough income to resource appropriately.

The company is going through a mass shake up, so might be ok again in a few years
Cons
Lack of management, no training.
Lovely company to work fo
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warton, Lancashire13 September 2017
Typical day was fun packed with plenty of contact with colleagues who needed support

The culture was very professional but at the same time relaxed.

Most enjoyable part for me was my contact with external visitors who wanted to visit the hangar for tours.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Relocated so had to leave
Fun, challenging work place
Network Planner (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria13 September 2017
A typical day would be working through change requests from the customer. collating the infromation from the different stakeholders on the change then assessing the impact/cost & schedule.
I learn about different parts of the build on a daily basis understanding why things are being changed whether it makes it more efficient or just a better strategy to do it a different way.
The management are always really helpful, sometimes hard to get in contact with but that can be expected as they're busy people.
The hardest part of the job on a day to day basis is getting agreement from all stakeholders in a timely manner sometimes this can take longer than expected but has to be managed when giving forecast dates on job completion.
The most enjoyable part is, working on such a complex product and learning everyday seeking new challenges.
Pros
New challenges daily
Cons
Low pay compared to other companies
A great place to work
Quality Inspector Tier II (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear12 September 2017
The day to day patrol / batch sampling and inspection of products follow Statistical Sampling Inspection to BS6001. Constantly learning new techniques and development. A good workplace culture with a good group of people to work with.
Pros
Good Pension and Share Scheme
Good
Project & Sub Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosyth11 September 2017
An organisation that is very Employee focussed and an employer that keeps you busy. Long hours and large workloads.
Very "staff" orientated but shows very little allegiance to its long term contractors.
Pros
Long hours and large work loads
Cons
Advancement if you are a staff member

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K