BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Management is basically none existent, I worked there for 2 years and when you have an issue and you raise it to management, they pass you off to the next person, then the next, then the next. You will never get any problems sorted. If you have any issues with the job you are doing, you might aswell just sit down for 3 years, thats how long it will take for someone to realise that you have a problem.
Pros
Cons
everything that has ever existed
IT Services
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
The company is obsessed with outsourcing IT for a perceived lower cost with worse service and no technology advances. key skills are being lost all the time and not replaced, and lack of investment.
Pros
Still some good people
Cons
Very poor directors making bad decisions
Ok for the day to day - not for those who want more
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Not a great deal going on
Easily get bored with same old silly mistakes being made

More of a challenge needed

Could be a higher input from the lower ranks to improve the business as a whole

Time management 2 / 10
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Its worth working hard!
Payroll Project - Data Team (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 April 2018
BAE Systems rewards hard working, high achievers.

Although with a company of this size there are a lot of managerial hoops to jump through, the benefits of working for BAE are evident in their opportunity for career progression, job security, good pay, and excellent pension scheme, with plenty of additional staff perks.
Good company to work for
Senior Contract Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Base8 March 2018
No 2 days the same in the job role I have. My role is very interesting and I enjoy it very much. I deal with people of all ranks and grades and have received support and advice over the years which has been beneficial to the progress of my career in the last 10 years. I enjoy working alongside the customers, the suppliers and work colleagues as part of a Team. I’ve had challenging days, amusing days and very stressful days but that’s what makes my job a joy to go to each day, just never knowing what the day is going to bring.
Pros
Free shares, employee incentive bonus
Cons
Lack of support
industrial painter
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 March 2018
This was good company to work for and I gained a lot of experience within the industrial side of painting. I learned to work with different tools and equipment.
good place to work good money
PSG (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 March 2018
Was a PSG in BAE for 8 months then my car broke down couldn't make it there anymore. would love to start back. good company to work for. hours are decent as well. don't work friday's which is a bonus
Pros
good money good hours.
A world of opportunities
Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Frimley2 March 2018
A challenging environment with a unique business model and great committed people. The complexity of the product make the work very demanding and progress can seem slow, being a highly regulated industry with unique risks to manage. However if you're good you'll succeed and will be rewarded for it.
Pros
Lots to be done, great diversity of people, lots of diverse issues to tackle
Cons
Progress can feel slow and arduous at times
Fumbling management
PROJECT MANAGER COMPANY (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Base1 March 2018
Reporting,
BAE do not maintain buildings.
Knee jerk
Relaxed
Keeping up with procedure changes
Completing a Project
?
What more is there to say.
Pros
Non
Cons
Plenty
High workload, good team ethos
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset26 February 2018
High workload, multiple demands and a need to be able to prioritise. Good team ethos and team working. A need to be a pro-active, self-starter. Flexible working times, although long hours often required
Good place for average people
Procurement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Samlesbury19 February 2018
Progression is not very fruitful within the company....
The business needs to spend more time relieving members of staff who are opposing to change and promote those who advocate it.
Structured and focused workplace
Production governance coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 February 2018
BAE systems is an enjoyable place to work with focused individuals who pull together to achieve key targets as a group. The balance between work life and home life is comfortable and I am happy to be a part of this company.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Flexible working
Good work life balance
Engineering Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 February 2018
BAE promotes a good work life balance I have had the flexibility to work part time around my family life and I also have the benefits of a flexible working pattern.
Enjoyable
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 February 2018
BAE Systems is an excellent place to work and supports individual growth from apprenticeship forward to everyday training as an Engineer and Manager...
A satisfying place to work if you want to bide your time to retirement with lots of benefits.
Senior Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Coningsby, Lincolnshire9 February 2018
A great place to work with lots of variety and benefits. The people make the job and benefits and salary keep you there. Lots of work variety and training.

Annual Pay Rise
Union Membership
Free Shares
Company Pension
Nice People to work with
Employee Well Being Scheme
Good HR system and procedures in place.
Pros
Free Shares, Annual Pay Rise, Flexi/Toil
Cons
Little Advancement. Difficult to get recognised. Just a number in a large organisation
Good Workplace
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosyth6 February 2018
I was only here for my work experience for a week and enjoyed it very much, nice staff and good management. I learned about the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier aswell has more experince using Microsoft Office.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Distance
Not forward thinking
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  govan/scotston1 February 2018
I believe the style of management is behind the times and feel they should review this asap. I also think they should invest in upgrading the yard technology
Cons
very short breaks
Get out what you put in
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cumbria30 January 2018
If you're willing to learn, to get on with it, you will be paired with those who will expertly guide you. If you need help the company will do its upmost to assist. There is a wealth of experience and expertise available meaning nothing is beyond your reach.
Only worked here for work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Warton, Lancashire29 January 2018
Only worked here for work experience but seemed very professional and eager to help new members of staff. Seemed to have a lot of job benefits if you get to work there
Flexible and adaptive workplace
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 January 2018
Glasgow-based production sites, providing the future capability of the Royal Navy. Multiple programmes offer a huge range of roles and opportunities. Flexible working patterns, flexitime and working from home all available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K