BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 407 reviews matching the search See all 3,279 reviews
exellent
Aviation rescue firefighter (Current Employee) –  Tamworth30 May 2018
excellent place of work and the people are world class I have learned a lot working here and would highly recommend to anyone who ask to take up a position .
Pros
lost
Cons
nil
Good steady employers
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 May 2018
Spent a long time with this company and as companies go in this day and age they are pretty good. Steady employment and good salaries and benefits. Only left due to wanting a change of work life balance as hours were longer than I wanted to continue with at that time
Pros
Good benefits and prospects
Cons
none really, just wanted less hours
Best place I worked at
receptonist (Former Employee) –  Crewe14 May 2018
Well I went for 3 months contract, ended staying 2 and half years they were the best management to work for people around me were the best I miss working there. They were very welcoming company I would go back any day. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
ok
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria7 May 2018
was ok to work for i was only on a temporary contract and did not really have any permanent work with the company but enjoyed working there when I did
Bae systems
Planner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 May 2018
Work life balance is very good with the ability to work from home.
For to much internal politics and only progression is down to who you know, not how you perform
good place to work
Manufacturing / Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 May 2018
I started working on the shop floor manufacturing products.
I moved onto the reception and learned computer skills. This enabled me to further my career into commercial. Good place to work with opportunities to further your career.
Pros
flexi time working
Great experiance
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria1 May 2018
Great opportunity to learn the many aspects of engineering associated with Submarine Technology. Other engineering aspects such as electrical, structures and dynamics practiced due to the nature of the job.
Pros
Respect for employees
Cons
No career advancement for contract workers
good company to work for
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 April 2018
Every day can be very different, dealing with a number of issues from the fire alarm going off, to booking meeting rooms, greeting and meeting visitors
Good safety culture
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire21 April 2018
Great place to work this is the place I served my time as a mechanical technician, I also became a mechanical lead which led to an aircraft inspector position of which I gave the approval of fit for flight of which was a great responsibility.
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Redundency
Great work environment
full time technology project administrator (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey13 April 2018
Great company with very welcoming members of the team. BAE was my first experience in an office environment and I was immediately put at ease and made to feel comfortable.
serious workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness5 April 2018
was an interesting workplace but very busy and serious thought that it was very interesting because i have never been in such and interesting new build before
Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Management is basically none existent, I worked there for 2 years and when you have an issue and you raise it to management, they pass you off to the next person, then the next, then the next. You will never get any problems sorted. If you have any issues with the job you are doing, you might aswell just sit down for 3 years, thats how long it will take for someone to realise that you have a problem.
Pros
Cons
everything that has ever existed
IT Services
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
The company is obsessed with outsourcing IT for a perceived lower cost with worse service and no technology advances. key skills are being lost all the time and not replaced, and lack of investment.
Pros
Still some good people
Cons
Very poor directors making bad decisions
Ok for the day to day - not for those who want more
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Not a great deal going on
Easily get bored with same old silly mistakes being made

More of a challenge needed

Could be a higher input from the lower ranks to improve the business as a whole

Time management 2 / 10
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Its worth working hard!
Payroll Project - Data Team (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 April 2018
BAE Systems rewards hard working, high achievers.

Although with a company of this size there are a lot of managerial hoops to jump through, the benefits of working for BAE are evident in their opportunity for career progression, job security, good pay, and excellent pension scheme, with plenty of additional staff perks.
Good company to work for
Senior Contract Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Base8 March 2018
No 2 days the same in the job role I have. My role is very interesting and I enjoy it very much. I deal with people of all ranks and grades and have received support and advice over the years which has been beneficial to the progress of my career in the last 10 years. I enjoy working alongside the customers, the suppliers and work colleagues as part of a Team. I’ve had challenging days, amusing days and very stressful days but that’s what makes my job a joy to go to each day, just never knowing what the day is going to bring.
Pros
Free shares, employee incentive bonus
Cons
Lack of support
industrial painter
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 March 2018
This was good company to work for and I gained a lot of experience within the industrial side of painting. I learned to work with different tools and equipment.
good place to work good money
PSG (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 March 2018
Was a PSG in BAE for 8 months then my car broke down couldn't make it there anymore. would love to start back. good company to work for. hours are decent as well. don't work friday's which is a bonus
Pros
good money good hours.
A world of opportunities
Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Frimley2 March 2018
A challenging environment with a unique business model and great committed people. The complexity of the product make the work very demanding and progress can seem slow, being a highly regulated industry with unique risks to manage. However if you're good you'll succeed and will be rewarded for it.
Pros
Lots to be done, great diversity of people, lots of diverse issues to tackle
Cons
Progress can feel slow and arduous at times
Fumbling management
PROJECT MANAGER COMPANY (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Base1 March 2018
Reporting,
BAE do not maintain buildings.
Knee jerk
Relaxed
Keeping up with procedure changes
Completing a Project
?
What more is there to say.
Pros
Non
Cons
Plenty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K