BAE Systems Work-Life Balance reviews

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 3,164 reviews
Slow
Combat Aerospace (Current Employee) –  Connington, Cambridgeshire31 August 2018
No career progression. Salary increase after 5 years. No senior management roles to strive for. Work enviroment is demoralising. Better opportunities in other companies. Things like coffee, snacks etc arnt even a thing with old buidlings.
Pros
patiotism, flexi
Cons
no progression in role / salary, minimal innovation
Good Company to work for, very little progression
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brough29 August 2018
A good company to work for with possibility for development, however very little chance of promotion and progression especially if not looking for a management role.
Exposure to advanced technology
Product Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth25 June 2018
Great being exposed to advanced technology, ability to learn from other departments is fantastic.

Hours are good, however the social aspect is lacking slightly.
good
Counter balance forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth18 June 2018
Employer can be firm but fair. Workload arrives at a varied pace and can be busy one day and very quiet the next dependant on the attendace of ships. The workforce are friendly and helpful.
Pros
benefit scheme
Cons
promotion prospects
Productive Workplace
Account Manager / Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent4 June 2018
A great place to work where you are able to progress and help shape the workplace. Training is available and encouraged for everyone to assist in personal development and for business needs.
Management are friendly and approachable and a lot has been done to address work/life balance and also building social as well as professional links between staff.
Pros
Good pay and opportunities. Friendly workforce
Good steady employers
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 May 2018
Spent a long time with this company and as companies go in this day and age they are pretty good. Steady employment and good salaries and benefits. Only left due to wanting a change of work life balance as hours were longer than I wanted to continue with at that time
Pros
Good benefits and prospects
Cons
none really, just wanted less hours
Bae systems
Planner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 May 2018
Work life balance is very good with the ability to work from home.
For to much internal politics and only progression is down to who you know, not how you perform
good place to work
Manufacturing / Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 May 2018
I started working on the shop floor manufacturing products.
I moved onto the reception and learned computer skills. This enabled me to further my career into commercial. Good place to work with opportunities to further your career.
Pros
flexi time working
Great work environment
full time technology project administrator (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey13 April 2018
Great company with very welcoming members of the team. BAE was my first experience in an office environment and I was immediately put at ease and made to feel comfortable.
Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Management is basically none existent, I worked there for 2 years and when you have an issue and you raise it to management, they pass you off to the next person, then the next, then the next. You will never get any problems sorted. If you have any issues with the job you are doing, you might aswell just sit down for 3 years, thats how long it will take for someone to realise that you have a problem.
Pros
Cons
everything that has ever existed
Ok for the day to day - not for those who want more
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Not a great deal going on
Easily get bored with same old silly mistakes being made

More of a challenge needed

Could be a higher input from the lower ranks to improve the business as a whole

Time management 2 / 10
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Its worth working hard!
Payroll Project - Data Team (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 April 2018
BAE Systems rewards hard working, high achievers.

Although with a company of this size there are a lot of managerial hoops to jump through, the benefits of working for BAE are evident in their opportunity for career progression, job security, good pay, and excellent pension scheme, with plenty of additional staff perks.
Good company to work for
Senior Contract Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Base8 March 2018
No 2 days the same in the job role I have. My role is very interesting and I enjoy it very much. I deal with people of all ranks and grades and have received support and advice over the years which has been beneficial to the progress of my career in the last 10 years. I enjoy working alongside the customers, the suppliers and work colleagues as part of a Team. I’ve had challenging days, amusing days and very stressful days but that’s what makes my job a joy to go to each day, just never knowing what the day is going to bring.
Pros
Free shares, employee incentive bonus
Cons
Lack of support
A world of opportunities
Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Frimley2 March 2018
A challenging environment with a unique business model and great committed people. The complexity of the product make the work very demanding and progress can seem slow, being a highly regulated industry with unique risks to manage. However if you're good you'll succeed and will be rewarded for it.
Pros
Lots to be done, great diversity of people, lots of diverse issues to tackle
Cons
Progress can feel slow and arduous at times
High workload, good team ethos
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset26 February 2018
High workload, multiple demands and a need to be able to prioritise. Good team ethos and team working. A need to be a pro-active, self-starter. Flexible working times, although long hours often required
Good place for average people
Procurement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Samlesbury19 February 2018
Progression is not very fruitful within the company....
The business needs to spend more time relieving members of staff who are opposing to change and promote those who advocate it.
Structured and focused workplace
Production governance coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 February 2018
BAE systems is an enjoyable place to work with focused individuals who pull together to achieve key targets as a group. The balance between work life and home life is comfortable and I am happy to be a part of this company.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Flexible working
Good work life balance
Engineering Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 February 2018
BAE promotes a good work life balance I have had the flexibility to work part time around my family life and I also have the benefits of a flexible working pattern.
Not forward thinking
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  govan/scotston1 February 2018
I believe the style of management is behind the times and feel they should review this asap. I also think they should invest in upgrading the yard technology
Cons
very short breaks
Fantastic company to work for
Project Support & Configuration Controller (Former Employee) –  Brough7 January 2018
A great place to work, great benefits, management, training potential, career progression. BAE SYSTEMS is a company that takes care of staff very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K