BAE Systems Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 3,274 reviews
Don't go near the place
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scotland1 October 2018
Terrible place to work if your face doesn't fit.
Bullying is rife and people are cut throat to progress their own careers.
Not recommended for the faint hearted and one day you are in but the next you are not
Pros
Salary and benefits are great
Cons
People are awful to work for and your job is never safe
A day in the life of Safety & Compliance
Safety & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Coningsby26 July 2018
I work 4 full days and finish at lunch time on Fridays, working hours are normally 40-45hrs per week. Having only worked in this role for 18 months I am still learning daily. My role incorporates various aspects and a ‘Just Culture’ is one of those cultures which we openly like to promote. I have to understand the structure and procedures for operating in both the Error Management System (EMS) and the Quality Management System (QMS). The hardest part of the job is finding owners and resolution to raised issues on a daily basis. I also co-ordinate Safety Health and Environment (SHE) activities within various buildings on site. This includes DSE assessment and accident investigation when required.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my colleagues and the tight bond and working understanding that we all share.
Pros
Good team and work ethic
Cons
Getting the final solution
Good steady employers
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 May 2018
Spent a long time with this company and as companies go in this day and age they are pretty good. Steady employment and good salaries and benefits. Only left due to wanting a change of work life balance as hours were longer than I wanted to continue with at that time
Pros
Good benefits and prospects
Cons
none really, just wanted less hours
Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria4 April 2018
Management is basically none existent, I worked there for 2 years and when you have an issue and you raise it to management, they pass you off to the next person, then the next, then the next. You will never get any problems sorted. If you have any issues with the job you are doing, you might aswell just sit down for 3 years, thats how long it will take for someone to realise that you have a problem.
Pros
Cons
everything that has ever existed
Its worth working hard!
Payroll Project - Data Team (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 April 2018
BAE Systems rewards hard working, high achievers.

Although with a company of this size there are a lot of managerial hoops to jump through, the benefits of working for BAE are evident in their opportunity for career progression, job security, good pay, and excellent pension scheme, with plenty of additional staff perks.
good place to work good money
PSG (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 March 2018
Was a PSG in BAE for 8 months then my car broke down couldn't make it there anymore. would love to start back. good company to work for. hours are decent as well. don't work friday's which is a bonus
Pros
good money good hours.
Good work life balance
Engineering Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 February 2018
BAE promotes a good work life balance I have had the flexibility to work part time around my family life and I also have the benefits of a flexible working pattern.
A satisfying place to work if you want to bide your time to retirement with lots of benefits.
Senior Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Coningsby, Lincolnshire9 February 2018
A great place to work with lots of variety and benefits. The people make the job and benefits and salary keep you there. Lots of work variety and training.

Annual Pay Rise
Union Membership
Free Shares
Company Pension
Nice People to work with
Employee Well Being Scheme
Good HR system and procedures in place.
Pros
Free Shares, Annual Pay Rise, Flexi/Toil
Cons
Little Advancement. Difficult to get recognised. Just a number in a large organisation
Only worked here for work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Warton, Lancashire29 January 2018
Only worked here for work experience but seemed very professional and eager to help new members of staff. Seemed to have a lot of job benefits if you get to work there
Not an enjoyable place to work
Project Coordinator - Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth15 January 2018
After 5 years of working here I can honestly say that this environments moral was very low and this caused problems with productivity and output. underlying conflicts between shop floor and management.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Poor moral
Fantastic company to work for
Project Support & Configuration Controller (Former Employee) –  Brough7 January 2018
A great place to work, great benefits, management, training potential, career progression. BAE SYSTEMS is a company that takes care of staff very well.
well organised company
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 January 2018
great company to work for and very friendly staff and management i
would work for this company again without thinking about it.and they train you up well to do the job in hand also they take the health and safety side of things and good teamwork also plenty of overtime and you always have very helpful staff if you were not sure about the job and the duties you were given.
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
nothing bad to say about it
Quality, Production, Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester21 December 2017
BAE systems is a good place to be a part of.
They offer good benefits to employees and the pay is good for the work being carried out.
They offer good incentives if you wish to ehance yourself
Pros
Flexible hours
Constantly put down
Mechanical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 October 2017
Not somewhrere id reconmend to anyone.. Wages arent great.. To many management and forever pushed with no incentive.
Only upside is the pension and shares.
Pros
Pension
Cons
No oppertunities
great place to work
process leader (Current Employee) –  Washington16 October 2017
A good job that offered the chance to learn new skills, Has recently been through a transformation period and moved sites with some big investments made to update outdated technology.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
unions
Relaxed workplace with good team spirit.
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 October 2017
My present job can be very rewarding. Due to company conduct and its stance within a growing Engineering environment it has the potential to shape a great future for the next generation. My role requires me to draw on my previous experience as a mechanical fitter and deliver course material to apprentices and naval staff. I am also responsible for carrying out regular learning reviews and creating new courses for the changing market. I also have to follow set ou KPIs to meet the companies needs.
Pros
Great benefits, Good salary
Cons
Hours, Stressful environment
Fun workplace
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria28 September 2017
A good overall job well payed good staff challenging job. Hours worked was shift work and challenging.. Time of was good and our holiday allowance was fair
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Shift work
Enjoyable
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Usk, Monmouthshire19 September 2017
This job was very enjoyable, working with great colleagues and management. Work hours was very suitable to my lifestyle and the pay was reasonable for the hours that I worked.
Pros
Cons
Out of catchment area
Lovely company to work fo
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warton, Lancashire13 September 2017
Typical day was fun packed with plenty of contact with colleagues who needed support

The culture was very professional but at the same time relaxed.

Most enjoyable part for me was my contact with external visitors who wanted to visit the hangar for tours.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Relocated so had to leave
Good
Project & Sub Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosyth11 September 2017
An organisation that is very Employee focussed and an employer that keeps you busy. Long hours and large workloads.
Very "staff" orientated but shows very little allegiance to its long term contractors.
Pros
Long hours and large work loads
Cons
Advancement if you are a staff member

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K