BAE Systems Employee Reviews for Project Manager

High workload, good team ethos
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset26 February 2018
High workload, multiple demands and a need to be able to prioritise. Good team ethos and team working. A need to be a pro-active, self-starter. Flexible working times, although long hours often required
Good Workplace
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosyth6 February 2018
I was only here for my work experience for a week and enjoyed it very much, nice staff and good management. I learned about the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier aswell has more experince using Microsoft Office.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Distance
Good Company, Poor management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern England7 June 2017
Having worked here for several years and TUPE across from another company, they are forcing a reduction in benefits. The company has a strong background in supporting apprentices. Careers are limited and not well advertised as then tend to keep names individuals.

Has a good work life balance.
Great Graduate Scheme
Project Management GDF (Former Employee) –  Warton14 October 2016
The Graduate Scheme enables students from all disciplines the chance to begin a career in a leading FTSE 100 company. Allowing the graduates to undertake multiple rotations through the business experiencing different projects, products and stages in the lifecycle. Graduates are increasingly given more responsibility within the workplace and encouraged to gain professional qualifications to further technical knowledge and understanding. Graduate Managers are often former graduates themselves and understand the pressures in starting a new career, using that experience they offer the right amount of support to their reports.
Professional workplace
Project Management Higher Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness15 June 2016
BAE Systems is a professional and efficient company which sees out the planning, production and handover of Submarines to the UK Government.

I've learned several project management skills and developed my initiative in the working environment. The hardest part of the job is having to continuously adapt to new business functions and learn the many abbreviations.

Days often vary; some are rather slow and some are very fast-paced.

The most enjoyable part of working with BAES is the opportunity to move around different business areas.
Pros
Good wage an flexible working hours.
Cons
Some slow days due to somewhat uninteresting work.
Great place to work for a stable career and an excellent W/L balance.
Project Manager - Active Inceptors (Former Employee) –  Rochester5 May 2016
BAE systems afforded me many opportunities to learn and progress my career. It was a good company to work for due to the excellent Work/Life balance and very stable job prospects. I decided to move on from BAE to break into IT/Technology Project Management.
Pros
stable career good balance
Cons
Culture was less competitive than i would like
Unique working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth23 February 2016
Good environment to progress through Project Planning, Controls and Project Management principles. Unique opportunity to work within Defence industry. Generally, good people to work with.
Work Experience Student
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Warton, ENG6 August 2014
(hard for me to rate as was only there on work experience for a week)
I conducted work experience at BAE. I really enjoyed the week and came away with extended skills and qualities which I can use in the future.
Projects
Project manager (Former Employee) –  newcastle22 January 2013
Typical day was never that. The Project team was to deliver the contracted items to the MoD. We all worked hard and long hours at key points within the project life . The Project team was in all sense a mini family, which made the experince more enjoyable.
Pros
working with incredible bits of kit
Cons
giving them up
A worthwhile experience as an undergraduate student
Project Management Undergraduate Summer Placement (Former Employee) –  Barrow-in-Furness14 May 2012
Was a useful insight into the working world, involved undertaking tasks as part of an existing team for the period of time I was with them.