BAE Systems Employee Reviews in Rochester

Productive Workplace
Account Manager / Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent4 June 2018
A great place to work where you are able to progress and help shape the workplace. Training is available and encouraged for everyone to assist in personal development and for business needs.
Management are friendly and approachable and a lot has been done to address work/life balance and also building social as well as professional links between staff.
Pros
Good pay and opportunities. Friendly workforce
interesting and informative
General office management (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent2 October 2017
learning about all the different departments can be fun yet also overwhelming. however once you have found your desired place, you will fit right in as the workforce are friendly and helpful.
Pros
welcoming and accomodating
Fun Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent2 October 2017
This was great and exciting place to do work experience and to learn more about the company and what sorts of things they do. I enjoyed my week there.
Lacking senior management interest in the products
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent7 August 2017
Now run by accountants. In the past senior managers at Rochester had a real interest in aviation. Bottom line is all they are interested in now. Employee loyalty has taken a nose dive.
Pros
Good for life/work balance
Cons
Rewards poor and perks almost non existant.
Exciting Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester15 June 2017
A variety of tasks within each role, supporting multiple, diverse customers in a complex business which provide a real challenge and development opportunity.
Just a number
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, UK10 March 2017
I used to be proud to work for BAE Systems, however after years of restructuring and changes in management it is clear now that we are all just a number. There is no fairness in rewards, and only those with expert bottom kissing skills are progressed up the business.
If you are one of the lucky few, then you can progress well, however the rest are left to do all the work and don't get rewarded in any way. Pay is bad, and as a Programme Manager I ended up having a team of engineers working for me who were all on more money.
Cons
No loyalty
Productive and fun work-place to work in.
Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent18 February 2017
A good place to have spent all of my working life in that has formed my education and career quite well.

They have sponsored me onto the Systems Engineer Management course.

Given me the opportunity to lead a project team of an active job; including analysis of customer requirements and preparation of job internal requirement such as hardware and software. Followed up with: Manufacture of cards; testing of the cards; interaction of software elements to form an operable delivery.
Pros
good provions to support people who perform work there.
Cons
none experienced
A nice enviroment to to work in.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent2 February 2017
I loved working for this company I worked there for 17 years, unfortunately due to personal reasons and relocating I had to leave, but would return if any positions became available.
Pros
Job security
Review of 8 years work
Test repairs electronic technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester12 September 2016
I got palmed off. Got me off the mangers books because they were supposed to make cuts for profit!
However i did enjoy working ?(8 years) with many people as there are some good people there.
BAE Electronic systems concentrate on being a profit orientated business and do not concentrate on being a professionally run business. They cut corners in matters of safety to save money. They have a bad reputation with customers/clients-not because of the workers but because of the management. Management put to much pressure on the individual and this creates a bad working environment.
To much focus on performance and not enough focus on worker enrichment (worker feeling valued).
Pros
Good people that work there
Cons
Mangement! Its awful
Great place to work for a stable career and an excellent W/L balance.
Project Manager - Active Inceptors (Former Employee) –  Rochester5 May 2016
BAE systems afforded me many opportunities to learn and progress my career. It was a good company to work for due to the excellent Work/Life balance and very stable job prospects. I decided to move on from BAE to break into IT/Technology Project Management.
Pros
stable career good balance
Cons
Culture was less competitive than i would like
A great place to develop
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester29 April 2016
I was with BAE Systems for 13 years in total. My second stint was 9 years long.

I returned to a project facing role and started within the service part of the business. This involved working on bids and contracts for different customers that required an after sales repair/replacement service. There were many different types of contracts covering both commercial and government offices. I oversaw contract negotiation with suppliers, reviewing technical documentation with input from functional stakeholders and represented Procurement within the bid team IPT.

After 5 years I moved to NPI where I once again was part of both bid and project teams. Specialising in Head Up Displays and Helmet Mounted Displays, I worked with all functions to ensure that both external and internal customer requirements could be met by the supply chain and vice versa. I was responsible for risk management, procurement plan execution, prime estimate inputs, relationship management and commercial/contract negotiation.

I also qualified as a Greenbelt, which I used by managing improvement projects, and an internal auditor; meaning I could audit suppliers as part of the process verification procedure.

The hardest part of my job was ensuring short deadlines were met when required and also managing suppliers new to certain product development.

The most enjoyable part was managing relationships with suppliers and executing business improvements.
Pros
Personal development, travel and team working.
Cons
Hard deadlines, conflict management, inconsistency of workload.
Very good place to work
Electronics Technician [Permanent - Full Time] (Current Employee) –  Rochester, ENG7 November 2015
BAE is a good place to work. the hours are fair and the pay isn't too bad. The typical day is get in to work, help fix problems and faults found by the production team to help meet customer deadlines. The management are very good and always try to help push you to help career advancement.
Pros
Flexi-time
Busy fast paced manufacturing and testing role
Electrical Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester5 October 2015
Supportive Management, health and safety committed, learning abilities, training offered and great working structure. Quality driven, not the quickest turnover in team production but still very fast paced.
Pros
Always busy, never dull days always something to do.
Cons
no job security
work experience placement
System Administration (Former Employee) –  Rochester13 January 2015
Received great work experience and training on job.
Organised company.
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, ENG13 September 2014
Generally a good place to work. There has been a culture change over the last 6 years for the better.
Enjoyable and interesting place of work
"Electronic Test Technician" (Former Employee) –  Rochester19 March 2014
A typical day would involve talking to many different people, performing a variety of jobs throughout the day in a genuinely happy place to work. I learned many skills during my training but day by day I would always be learning from my experienced co-workers and friends. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the high demand of work in the quickest possible return. The most enjoyable part would be being part of a happy working environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Craft Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent26 October 2013
Since starting my apprenticeship I have learnt and gained many qualifications surrounding aerospace engineering. I have also gained a lot of confidence and skills such as leading and team work.
I have been an ambassador for my company, which has allowed me to work with schools and competitions. I have also been a representative for my fellow apprentices and as a health and safety representative.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Early starts
Excellent working ethos and environment to work and develope indervidual skills
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester9 September 2012
BAE is a leading company in its own right providing the highest support and results to its clients and also striving to get the best out of each of its employees - "its not what we do, its how we do it"
full on
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester1 August 2012
great experience shame about stress, co-workers brill, management under pressure to produce results, but job satisfaction is superb.
Pros
development of aircraft
Cons
stress, long hours, high security