B&Q Employee Review

Good enough job
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff30 November 2017
Worked here part time a few years ago. Enjoyed the job and most staff. A couple managers enjoyed walking around rather than mucking in but on the whole they're an excellent group especially night crew. There was a couple of incidents with HR that made me resign, and one employee who I could not work with any more.
Pros
Good team, decent training and support, professional approach to employment matters by managers.
Cons
Began to feel like an expendable asset that the company couldnt care less about.

Other B&Q Employee Reviews

fast paced multi task environment
gopher (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 April 2018
Been Working here for nearly 22 years & yes before you say ask the question why?i can honestly say i just don't know everyday is different you can have a horrible day with customers & the job, go home kick the cat (joke) & swear you will never go back but the next day the alarm goes off you get up & do it all again,and you have a lovely day & customers are great its not for everyone though its really fast paced & sometimes well most times if you havent worked in retail you really are thrown in at the deep end it really is on the job training you will have a couple of modules to do on the computer but then its on the floor would i recommend working here yes if you have worked in a retail environment if not then it might take a liitle bit of time to adjust
Pros
20% staff discount, great staff camaraderie
Cons
a lot of staff not flexible enough for the shifts which results in poor staff deployment
An excellent place to work if you can fit in
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh21 April 2018
B&Q head office (SSO) is an excellent place to work. However I didn't really fit in and as a result eventually decided to leave when I realised I was doing more harm than good. You need to be up to speed straight away and must know what to do even if you haven't been shown as you will be held responsible when something goes wrong. There's a big blame culture and certain people in certain departments are desperate to trip you up and humiliate you. The systems often don't work correctly though as a supply chain analyst you need to find a way to resolve this. Nevertheless overall B&Q is a great company to work for, provided that you can adapt to the culture, and I have every confidence that the business will eventually get to where it wants to be.
Pros
Onsite gym, decent canteen, progression opportunities
Cons
Blame culture, amount of reporting, unhelpful teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&Q. Our community is ready to answer.