B&Q Employee Review

Good enough job
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff30 November 2017
Worked here part time a few years ago. Enjoyed the job and most staff. A couple managers enjoyed walking around rather than mucking in but on the whole they're an excellent group especially night crew. There was a couple of incidents with HR that made me resign, and one employee who I could not work with any more.
Pros
Good team, decent training and support, professional approach to employment matters by managers.
Cons
Began to feel like an expendable asset that the company couldnt care less about.

Other B&Q Employee Reviews

Okay
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire22 January 2018
B&Q was okay to work for. I made new friends and the job wasn't particularly hard. I would be very boring at times though when it was very quiet. But overall a good job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very quiet at times
Demanding but fairly rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire21 January 2018
Opportunity to learn but customers expect that everyone should know everything in B&Q. Pay is above average in retail but no other real benefits. Can end up working a lot of unsociable hours.

New skills are a big positive, I knew nothing about DIY when i started and have picked up a lot that I can take away both into my personal life and potentially a future career.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Long hours, shift pattern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&Q. Our community is ready to answer.