B&M Employee Reviews

Corrupt management
Corrupt HR
Managers lying
Promoting the wrong people
Hiring criminals (people on lists who can't work in retail)
Managers leaving 3hours early
Don't work here unless you have someone in your family already working here so they can get you promoted.
Don't work here if you have ambition
Pros
Staff in my department
Cons
99.9% of things
fun pplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bedford18 April 2018
Working in warehouse as a picker and packer.I was reponsiboemof managing stock in warehouse, checking pallets coming off lorries ,making sure warehouse is tidy at all times ,helping staff on shop floor .
Very Enjoyable
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian15 April 2018
Was there on a course and the staff were great and very keen to help, learned how to stock shelves more efficiently from them and had a great feeling of a work environment. A bit difficult to find the way around the store to begin with but with help from everyone it was made easier. Always great to help a customer find something
productive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tolworth, Greater London15 April 2018
i worked there on the weekends, 6hours each day i got 15 minutes breaks. i worked behind the tills and on the last hour i helped stack the products. standing up for hours was really hard.
shop assistant
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontefract12 April 2018
As a valued member of the customer service team member I managed to demonstrate my outstanding people skills showing I am able to interact well with customers, listening and holding up a good professional conversation. By coming up with new sales techniques, which involved me taking the products to the customers and other colleagues around the store.
work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone9 April 2018
it was only work experience for two weeks to gain experience and hopefully interview at end but did not get the interview but did enjoy the experience as i have not work in a store a long time
Pros
training only
good workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire8 April 2018
my job title was more work expierence with the promise of till training and possible job at the end of it although none were given it and all we did through day was stacking shelves.
we were told more training would be given but this wasnt true.
i personally diddnt enoy this wprk expierence as we diddnt learn anything from it and nobody who worked there guided us through day we was left to our own devices
Pros
close to home
Cons
no training given
Colleagues are brilliant, Management are a disgrace
Store Colleague (Former Employee) –  Brighouse, West Yorkshire8 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at B&M, the people I worked with were brilliant, a good bunch, as for the management, totally useless, two of them talk down to you, bully you, and make you feel small, I'm glad I have left this company.
Pros
Collegues
proctive
Sales Assistant and progressed to Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevenage6 April 2018
the job was enjoyable when apart of warehouse staff the challenges were exciting to work towards your targets. are so long tho the amount of stock arriving was to much for the warehouse to handle and most didn't go out to shop floor which made stocking items in the small warehouse a bigger and almost impossible challenge.
overall fun to work there but some of the staff aren't well motivated and are lazy lots of rumors made up around the work place which made an stale environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
staff could be unfair to one another
Very sub standard
College Trainee (Former Employee) –  Falkirk4 April 2018
I thought when working in B&M it was a very standard shop an getting through the wrok day was fine. The staff were all nice people, maybe slightly boring but nice. The working conditions were also fine.

Want to know more about B&M?

Ask a question
poor mangament
shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  Pool, Cornwall3 April 2018
the team at b&m are great! they try their best and get on with the work but because of poor mangament they can only do so much before something uninspiring and deflating is said by higher members of the team. such a shame, could have been a lovely store
Pros
the team
Cons
the supervisors
fun and chilled out workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 April 2018
Nice staff
Good hours
Chilled out place to work

Nice team members and a good fast paced working environment.
Good breaks system and rotation of work rota.
Good workplace, minimum wage
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes31 March 2018
B&M is usually a relatively relaxing work environment, the managers and other staff are friendly and helpful.
Although it is minimum wage, fixed hours are given ensuring that you earn a fixed amount each month.
Professional and positive workplace, would recommend if you aren't looking for great pay.
Pros
Fixed hours, friendly staff.
Cons
Minimum wage.
Amazing workplace.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 March 2018
I really enjoyed working in this sort of environment, there was many jobs, such as working on the tills and stocking. Never too busy but never too quiet, always something to do and never stood around. I want a job I can enjoy and be active in.
Pros
Stocking
Cons
The hours I finished
Its been difficult.
B&M shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire29 March 2018
working unsuitable hours with no financial reward to show for it and putting a burden on those I care about as a result. little to no respect from management in regards to professional and personal issues I faced and I had 5 months of supervisor training that was only meant to last a single month. furthermore members of the day team were allowed to not only leave work on time but were allowed to finish regardless of whether or not they completed their job, which we then had to rectify with the high chance of leaving late.
Pros
met some decent people on my team.
Cons
as mentioned above and more.
Holiday
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beccles, Suffolk20 March 2018
I booked a holiday with my work a month ago to have this week off I was off last week due to doctors signing me off for a week. I should have this week off as holiday but I have been told that I can't have my holiday. Can they remove my holiday
Night Replenishment temporary (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft19 March 2018
Good company to work for, would like to work there permanently if there is opportunity arrives. Every shift was productive but some days they weren't due to no deliveries came that day.
Overall Exprience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 March 2018
My expierience at B&M was a good although it was only a temp job for the holidays i worked as hard as i possible could and arrived on time for my shifts.
Pros
flexiable hours
Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkeston14 March 2018
I would sometimes do overtime in this place also do the stock check and dealing with money also I would work in a team to get everything done on time.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Hours
productive and a fun workplace
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 March 2018
loved working in b&m bargains,
everyone there was so polite and pushed me to become a better person.
i worked long hours daily and even on weekends,
i recommend whoever wants to work in b&m they would enjoy it so much and they would learn a great amount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&M. Our community is ready to answer.