Axis Europe Employee Reviews

Rapidly growing forward moving organisation
Senior Infrastructure engineer (Current Employee) –  Multiple office locations16 July 2014
My workload was split primarily between 70% projects and 30% 2nd-3rd line service desk support, taking internal calls from end users. I was responsible for directly liaising with Provider IT in making sure councils could connect in and out to our multiple shared systems via various methods including VPN's, Citrix, Remote desktop and VMware , all running across one estate. I have gained significant experience in having to keep great documentation, planning and communication. The role involved a lot of initiative and forward planning. I had some amazing co-workers, all very inspiring to work with. The most difficult part of this job was learning to deal with the internal management politics and avoid getting caught in internal political issues. The most enjoyable part of the role was the abundance of projects that were always on the go; from large office set-ups to closures, relocations, building refurbishments, new server rooms, Cisco installation and brand new kit all set up from a fresh new box. The role enabled me to gain valuable experience in hands on skills, as well as what it would take to strategically implement new I.T systems.
Pros
Great team members and new projects
Cons
inconsistent management techniques and a lack of governance structure
2nd time I moved office location while there
Crystal Reports, Database Development, Lone DBA (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 November 2013
I loved my boss.

He knew what I knew. He moved on. I was there to take over and he was available for simple tips about to choose to do something this way or another

I learnt so much. My most important reason to work is to learn a lot on the job

My final task was an ad-hoc request for retail customer history
Pros
Lovely location
a good place to work
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Thamesmead13 June 2013
logging calls and allocating to engineers. making follow up quality control calls after engineer visits. during my time there i learnt to allocate calls it was a good place to work
Pros
fun team to work with
Cons
a temp booking
workers not valued
carpenter (Former Employee) –  birmingham12 May 2012
the office staff are regarded as the highest rated people and not the actual work force that get the jobs done. too much is expected of you regardless of health and sefety laws.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Europe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9