Axis Europe Employee Reviews

Racist place to work all white people
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oldbury, West Midlands22 August 2019
Typical day very boring
You learn to swear ALOT
Manager swans in and leaves whenever
No culture here
Hard to be at work
Going home is best part
Pros
Going home or AL
Cons
No people of colour working here and they think this is ok
Life is hard. Axis are fair.
Multiple Roles (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London18 June 2019
I have worked for Axis for over 7 years and recognise that like any organisation it has it's own issues and idiosyncrasies. It does some things badly and others really well. What it does badly it tried to correct and make sure it doesn't happen again. This is sometimes less successful than we would like. However, to suggest that it is a bad employer is simply not true. If you do a good job and work hard there is real progression and proper training available. I have progressed successfully and there are many others who have done the same. We have come from the bottom and done well. That said, if you think you deserve progression because you have a degree of some kind (so do I) and once had a hard day in the office but got through it, you won't go any where in Axis. Work is hard. I learnt this the hard way. I didn't always try my hardest and got no where fast. When I actually put in the consistent graft required to be a good employee, I was recognised for it and promoted.

Bottom line, Axis are a good employer if you are a good employee. For those who want to be paid to do next to nothing, prepare to be disappointed. Please don't leave a bad review complaining about it though.
Pros
Some flexible working, great colleagues, job security for those who deserve it
Cons
Some contracts better than others
Please stay away from this company
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London12 June 2019
This company is very very terrible and disgusting, some of the staff are really nice, the big bosses are cowards they get the stupid managers to do their dirty jobs, if they want to get rid of you they will blame it on redundancy. Human resources don't know what they are doing at all, all of them are licking ars one of them can't speak English properly and half of the time you don't understand what they're saying. So there is no such thing as HR in that company anything happen to you your on your own because they don't have no unison. Very ungrateful people unprofessional people working in HR it's ridiculous, people come and go like rats. When they train you it's different from what the rude training team are teaching and when you reach your passing destination that is totally different. I have seen a lot please run if you can they can ruin your lives and you can be out of a job because of stupid redundancy getting rid of everybody. And they don't give you enough time for you to prepare for another job.
I have never seen a discusting company like this in my life before, it needs shunting down.
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2019
Worked here for three months and just passed my probation. I won’t be staying much longer. Reviews of poor management are true. It’s a bullying and don’t care about staff culture.
Lots of staff leaving tells you a lot.
Typical day at work - aggressive and bullying management.
What I learned - how not to manage
Hardest part of job - Working hard and not being appreciated
Most enjoyable part of job - home time.
Pros
Are the any? Some staff are nice
Cons
Lots! Management and leaders are bullies
Disgusting and disrespectful.
Roofers Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside27 March 2019
Recently found out that this company had cop for all the work in Liverpool. I have worked hard for the company that are tuppee’ing me over to axis for tha last 6 yrs I have 3 days left at my company only to find axis have sent a letter with out enough time or a really valid reason for making me redundant before I’ve even started my first day on their contract apparently they don’t employ second men or labourer/drivers as these rolls don’t exist anymore in their eye well unfortunately the labourer is well needed part in a roofers gang and for many other tradesmen the labourer still holds a good value to them. I would like to say a big thank you to the four bum wipes that Provided False Hope in thinking are jobs where secure and the future was bright a head with this company.
Pros
Cons
The firm is a con
Avoid this place croydon site
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London27 February 2019
I don't know how they even managed to secure a contract with Croydon council. It's a complete shambles. Everything is all over the place. There are some good staff. Then you have those who buddy up and leave other members of staff to just get on with it. Training is bad as procedures change every day. People walk out because it's that bad. There is no support, pay is terrible. One of the managers is pure evil.
Pros
Free water tea and coffee! Charity days
Cons
Managers.
worked with Axis for a short time before be made redundant. seemed ok never really got to know how they worked etc over time
labourer/multitrades man (Former Employee) –  Croydon4 November 2018
for the little time I was there everything seemed ok. never really got to know anyone or how the company ethos panned out to tenants was made redundant shortly after starting
Too much try be a giant
Decorator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 October 2018
Was a good company then management was changed so a lot of us left 34 to be honest but they was good customer services payments was missed some times and the owner was never seen
Pros
Meet lot of nice people
Cons
Long days
Limited direct training and support
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London28 July 2018
Disjointed systems across sites; there is a find your own feet or fail culture. No collegiality. Ask for help and you are marked as cannot do the job
Pros
Work indepently
Cons
No collegiality
They expect the world but wont pay for it
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London20 July 2018
Terrible company to work for, absolute shambles, people leaving on mass says it all. They expect you to stay late when they tell you to and miss lunch and work you like a dog but pay rubbish. Totally avoid this company, training is also cery poor, its like asking a blind man for directions
Pros
Not alot
Terrible company poor staff
Mulit (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe9 July 2018
Backstabbing poor management expected you to work for nothing no show boss sent the boys to tgi Fridays for a Christmas do stood us all up and no explanation would rather claim benifits and live on a park bench then face her or the company again
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Staff poor wages social housing
Job good, not enough training.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Croydon7 July 2018
I enjoyed working for Axis, the hours were reasonable. Every day I learnt new skills to further my ability.
However I don't feel enough training to all new members of staff.
Reactive repairs provider
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Croydon1 July 2018
Family run company, offers good benefits for long term staff.
Excellent CORE values. Little room for career progression, poor succession planning. Friendly working environment.
Pros
great manager
Poor quality
Gas Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 June 2018
The gas manager is useless and doesn’t have a clue on how to run anything causing loads of issues with residents and client then she blames everyone else and takes no responsibility for her actions. When will senior management act to save the gas division from total collapse
Pros
Cons
Rebecca
Internal Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London24 April 2018
I have been here almost 2 years and have worked on some great projects. The line managers are very supportive and always there to offer any guidance.

My role offers flexibility and development opportunities so am always learning new things.
Pros
Training & Development
Excellent
Complaints Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 February 2018
Great company to work for, really value their employees. Are flexible with your requirements and are willing to work with you. room for progress and long term stability.
Great workplace
Multitrader (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London14 January 2018
Finlays was a good company to work for and again very helpful and organised although they didn't have enough work coming in to keep there staff in employment
Very enjoyable workplace and freat stafg
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London8 January 2018
Ive had a wonderful time there as i got to meet such great employees. Pay is good and can book paid holidays. Good teachers onsite and put health and safety 1st at all times.
Pros
Holiday pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Fitters Mate (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne25 October 2017
Friendly people who offer as much help and support as you need. The hours are manageable, as overtime is not offered often. All work is carried out locally.
Pros
Local
Cons
No overtime
Good
Multi Trade Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 August 2017
Hard work, Better understanding of housing associations.
Management at the time poor.
Poor work place culture
Hitting time frames
Working with some of the guys
Cons
Hare to hit time scales given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Europe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9