Axcis Education

Axcis Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
Working at Axcis has been an amazing experience so far. Within a few weeks, I've been able to support so many different schools and as a graduate looking to train in SEN, this has been invaluable. The only downside to the job is salary that you maintain. Dependent on the Umbrella Company you work with and the jobs you accept your salary will increase/ decrease. I would recommend being able to drive although this is not essential.
I have enjoyed working with Axcis, and good job opportunities do arise.Training given is good and assists for future placements.
However I feel that the the consultants need a much more clear knowledge about the schools they supply.

Be more supportive of the candidate's capabilities,circumstances ie travel time, personal status etc.,feedback of placements attended by candidates etc.

I feel that any feedback from clients about candidates should be taken into consideration by the consultants for future candidate placement. All positive feedback needs to be recorded and included in future employability referencing for the supply staff instead of just and non informative.If there is feedback that is negative the candidate should know, should be reviewed and talked about between the consultant and the candidate with aim resolve, and improve future prospects for both parties.
Pros
A broad variety of placements around London and greater London and other counties in England.
Cons
Wages are low for cost of living especially in and around London and greater london.
They are really nice people and down for the course I’ve not had any problems as such I got on ok with the agents and so I would rate them highly.
So good luck
I’ve been registered with this company since last year June and had no work. I went to the interview it was looking great, said I would start on the following Monday, and here I am?
Still with nothing. There was lack of communication to getting my file sorted. Nobody seemed like they had a clue on what they was doing. Back and forth. I kept getting promised work and I was a fool to believe it. With being a TA is something I want to do this company is a joke, strung me along and kept me waiting. If it’s on there terms it’s fine, but when you want answers you won’t get any. I’ve completely waisted my time and my references. This has been a long and stressful process. I would NOT recommended this company at all.
Pros
Zero
25 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback, it is useful for us to inform future staff training and development. As an agency, we cannot usually guarantee a work placement - so this should not have been promised to you, your expectations should have been managed appropriately. We do our utmost to match candidates with suitable jobs but there will sometimes be those we are unable to help and we are sorry that this happened in your case. We wish you all the best in your future career.
The managers are disrespectful, arrogant, not helpful, layers.
They promise you a job in one area but then they send you everywhere in London (so think about travel costs).

Sometimes you go to work and they say to you they don't need you.

If you have any problem they not help you, just treat you like a number.

Orrible company.
25 February 2020
Thank you for your comment. All feedback is valuable and useful for our future training plans - we do our utmost to look after our candidates and clients alike. Candidates always have the option to say no if they feel that a job is too far to travel and schools do have the option to cancel placements, just as candidates do and this does sometimes happen at short notice. We are sorry to hear that your experience of working for Axcis has not been a positive one and we take on board your comments.
Very easy going but professional, nice staff, communication is really good. Staff contact you with updates and remind you if timesheets need to be submitted, which is really handy as i have sometimes forgotten. Really worth giving them a try.
25 February 2020
Thanks very much for your lovely comment. We do our best to look after all candidates and clients and are pleased that you've had a positive experience working for us. Don't forget that we offer a generous referral scheme if you know anyone else seeking work!
I have enjoyed working for Axcis Education and have been placed in many schools and residential settings as a support worker or a TA .
My agent is very friendly and helpful in finding me jobs.
25 February 2020
Thank you for this positive feedback, we appreciate it. Don't forget that we offer a generous referral scheme if you know anyone else looking for work!
I would rather have been placed in a SEN based school rather than wirral met college,most of the staff there were a completely unfriendly and obnoxious.if Axcis ever offer you a job at wirral met dont take it.
Always available by phone, good communication skills, & keep me well informed about my appraisals, growth and areas I can improve. They also support me with further training to assist me at work. Eg first aid
27 November 2019
Thanks for your lovely review - don't forget that we also offer a referral scheme if you have any friends or family seeking SEND work!
Axcis is not a bad company atall, but they need to increase their salary. They sometimes cancelled the job they have given you but they never pay for your transportation .
12 November 2019
Thanks for your review - we do our best to look after all candidates as well as we can. Sometimes clients can cancel jobs and there isn't a great deal we can do about it but we will always do our best to find you something else. Rates of pay are very much dependent on school budgets and how much they can pay us to send in cover staff - as we know, public services are very stretched at the moment but we are hoping that will change soon!
I am never out of work and they are so caring and friendly. Glad to be part of that team. I would advise anyone looking for a Teaching or Teaching Assistant job to work for Axcis.
12 November 2019
Thanks so much for your positive comments - we do our best! Don't forget that we offer up to £250 in shopping vouchers for referring friends or family members to us!
The process of getting my file cleared to be able to start working has been really irritating, with the office telling me different things each time, making constant mistakes with my referees and not reading my emails. Also, they behave in a very rude and unhelpful way.
There are more trustworthy and respectful agencies out there.
Cons
Dealing with the office staff, umbrella companies
24 September 2019
Apologies that you have had issues with getting cleared for work. Sometimes this part of the process can be the most irksome and time consuming. Axcis would very much like the opportunity to resolve this and work with you positively moving forward. If you forward your details to info@axcis.co.uk then we can escalate the issue to management level and see what we can do to help.
Well organized will all staff, working good with School and policies, listening needs and priorities from students and Learning Support Workers, doing good all.
24 September 2019
Thanks very much for your kind review, all feedback is extremely useful in helping us to make sure that Axcis offers the best service possible to both candidates and clients.
This company were brilliant to work for. They were able to work around me and also managed to find me some brilliant schools to assist in. If there were any problems they were able to sort them out for me or point me in the right direction if they weren't able to help.
Pros
Friendly, good pay, offered excellent benefits.
Cons
None.
25 June 2019
Thanks so much for your lovely feedback - don't forget that we run a really competitive refer-a-friend scheme, too - if you recommend any friends to work for us, you'll both get shopping vouchers once they have done 20 days work! Feel free to ask your consultant for more info.
have worked here for years now and my favourite thing about this company is how colleagues help each other and work together as a team. they genuinely care about each other and about the purpose of the work - which is ultimately to provide excellent support to those who need it.
Love working for this agency, work/life balance available, supportive and approachable management team who set realistic and achievable targets and always want to progress their committed and hardworking consultants.
Pros
Reduced hours in the school holidays, supportive SMT
Recruitment interview was great and the consultant did a great job of selling the agency to me with the promise of guaranteed work in my area of expertise. So I came away happy! I was signed up and ready to go in just over a week. I was offered work the following Monday morning at a SEN school at 7.50am expecting me to be there by 8.30 which was impossible with a young daughter to get to nursery and informed them at interview that I needed to be told the day before if, i was needed to enable me to sort out childcare.
Work offered was always in the same school and nothing to do with my specialism. Day rate of pay was ok although due to me not being able to get to the school for the allocated start of 8.30 this was docked. I was also surprised that due to the type of school I was being sent to which had a lot of students with challenging and aggressive behaviour that no training was offered, especially in regards to restraining students if the need arised. I believe this to be bad professional practice in itself.

When it came to pay day what I was expecting to what I was actually paid was an insult to say the least. I received just over half of my expected wage, this was due to the umberella company and on calculation my hourly wage was not even minimum wage. The company take a levy from your daily rate from every job you do for putting your wages through their PAYE so depending on your daily rate it can be minimal or quite hefty....You have to choose a company from a list of two who you want to be paid by in order to get the best deal for you, neither are good as you still
 - more...
Pros
Great recruitment and consultant sells the agency very well!
Cons
Only TA work offered, umberella company, Office staff can be rude and no communication unless your wanted for a job
26 February 2019
Thank you for your review. We value all feedback and use it to improve our service. It is important to us that the expectations of our teaching and support staff are appropriately managed at interview, and we have a tick-sheet which we go through at the end of every registration meeting to ensure that our operational processes (such as payroll/availability etc) are clearly understood. We do our utmost to ensure that every candidate who registers fully understands this before they begin work for us. However, we also understand that sometimes there may be a breakdown in communication and we will review our processes to ensure that all consultants are following them carefully to avoid issues such as those mentioned. In the meantime, if you would like us to review your individual case, please do feel free to contact us to discuss the matter further so that we may reach an amicable resolution.
I was excited to the opportunity to work here and at face value it looked great, salary excellent, look like a good team culture. When you look under the surface its not as good as you think. Expectation in unrealistic, in very short time frames. If targets are not achieved in your first 12 weeks you will be released.
Was harassed into a position at a school in greater Manchester when I was already in a placement.
promised more money then the recruitment member could afford (£85). He called my mum as I had left my phone that day at work and the next day attended an interview so did not get my phone until I returned to work.

Emailed me constantly, working hours were from 8:00am to 4;30pm

Turned up to the work place after excepting the position once my previous job contract had ended only to find out the hours were from 10:30am to 6:30pm.

The pay was £75 a day, the teachers were under pressure and had lost 12 teachers being made redundant, the previous caretakers (14) had all left due to poor working conditions, The teachers were very hostile towards T.As and teaching staff, I had no tools to do repairs or fittings and fixings, I was thrown in at the deep end with teachers expecting me to know the school and where equipment was stored after a week.

Avoid Like the Plague,
Pros
Cons
Too Many to mention
23 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you had a poor experience of working for Axcis and we take all comments on board to improve our service moving forwards.
-Worked several days in different primary schools as day to day cover workes
-Supporting children with learning and behavioral difficulties during regular school day
Axcis is purely SEN placements which is what drew me to the company. I was able to go into various roles which was great to improve experiences within SEN.
Pros
Flexiable, Friendly
Cons
Third Party pay which docks actually paid salary
23 January 2019
Thanks for your feedback, we are pleased that you have had a positive experience of working for Axcis.