Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
I like to work as a mental health support worker (Social Prescriber) at NHS in a prison. There is no stress. It is safe. However I cannot promote towards from the Band 4 status.
Little support with personal circumstances, favouritism of team members, failure to adhere to Equality Act and no support from management when whistleblowing
Very stressful work, the pay is lousy (they try to get you to start as low on the AfC banding as possible). Most of the consultants won't even give you the time of the day if you're below a Band 6. Working with the patients is great, but there are so many agency staff, who just like to laze on their backsides all day long, making the permanent staff work even harder.
Very accessible company to work for, have always been there when needing shifts and have been able to sort situations out. Have offered incentives for staff and this has helped with ongoing salary.
Just an awful place to work. Good hearted and well meaning people at the bottom of the org, who want the best for their service users, but management are dire. Disconnected with the every day operational requirements and issues.
No consideration given to how staff feel and complete disregard for the health, safety and well-being of employees.
Pros
NHS pension
Cons
Erodes your morale, health, wellbeing
The time I was there, no one wanted to help if there was an issue and no one seemed to work on a Friday, very low morale and glad I escaped when I did as I have noticed there are always a lot of vacancies at Callington Road and Blackberry Hill Hospital.
Pros
Cons
low morale, not team players, bullying
It was a very good job with an excellent team in the PICU. Every day was wonderful, though the illness of the patients was severe.

The staff were always prepared to work in the most professional manner.
Pros
Very highly professional
Cons
Severity of the illness of the patients and the chaos that could unleash.
A typical day at work includes meeting and greeting people at the reception then booking them in to meetings or to see other departments. Some of my duties included sorting out the mail, signing people in and Booking meetings. I learned how to Use a Fast track booking system. I find it varied and interesting working with the staff and visitors.
A good company to work for I'm sure, but for the short time I've been here, unfortunately morale is very low, and doesn't particularly encourage one to stay.
Pros
Good worl/life balance
Cons
Low morale
The team working environment in my IT sector was great. Communication was key for us to work successfully. Goals were reached within time constraints. Positive working environment.
I really enjoy working as an Occupational Therapist in mental health. Working in an inpatient setting, I get to spend a lot of time with service users, supporting them with learning skills prior to discharge.
I really enjoyed working for AWP, I worked there for 3 1/2 years on a psychiatric unit.

The courses you go on to learn more about your job really interesting , you get to meet some of the service users and they put a different perspective on your job role for you.

I left as there was no progression , and I really wanted to progress within this company .

I would really like a chance to work within AWP again
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
I am responsible for a clinical case load and my typical day is seeing clients in both individual and group sessions.

Weekly, I typically attend departmental and Unit meetings dealing with referrals, models of care, ward rounds and care reviews. I offer reflective practice to nursing staff, supervision to other professionals and I am involved in the Trauma Support Service for staff.

I am currently completing my EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) training and I am working towards accreditation. I am working with single event and complex trauma.

I have learned to concentrate on risk analysis, work in a challenging environment and look for the possibilities in people (both clients and colleagues)

My job is rewarding and no two days are the same.

Sometimes, I feel disconnected from the outside world.
Pros
Rewarding clinical work
Cons
Feeling disconnected from the outside world
Hard working team, colleagues a pleasure to work with.
Every day different

Can be challenging
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9