Avon Fire and Rescue

4.0Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Nice work environment
Community Safety Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 August 2017
Good working environment, friendly staff. Work load is heavy at times but is managed through supportive colleagues. Driving is excessive as covering a large area of Bristol and south Glos.
A very good and understanding company to work for.
Clerical Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 July 2012
A typical day at Avon Fire and Rescue Services started at 10:00am. The first important thing to do after a one hour journey into work was to get a coffee. I occassionally made a cup for the rest of my colleagues in the office. Once the coffees were made it was straight to answering any emails requesting for any vacancies. Once this dutie was completed I either went down to the filing room where all the staffs perssonal records where kept and updated the files with any paperwork that needed filing. I was occassionally requested by the HR Managers or HR Officers for me to bring certain staff files up for them. Occassionally my duties included changing or inputing staffs details on the fire services database. I also collated information about the support staffs Flexi-time and annual leave using Excel. On several occassions we would have meetings that would take up most of my workig day. at 02:00pm it was time for me tofinish for the day.
Pros
flexi-time
Cons
being made redundant