Avon Fire & Rescue Service Employee Reviews

4.5Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Probably my favourite place of work to date
Firefighter Control (Former Employee) –  Bath and Taunton6 July 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day at work - I might arrive to a quiet shift of false alarms and training, or a city-centre fire with fifteen appliances in attendance, my role was to answer 999 calls and co-ordinate a suitable response. I had to learn multiple directional protocols, use of radio equipment, management of incidents and resources, to elicit vital information and apply it appropriately... the role was so incredibly varied it is difficult to describe accurately to anyone who has not worked in a similar environment. It was a very highly-pressured atmosphere at times, but equally at four o'clock in the morning, mid-week, with nothing much going on, I'd have been sat in the control room with a group of people who had become almost as close as family, drinking coffee and testing each other on officer call-signs.
Pros
Variety and high adrenaline work, good pay, life-friendly rota system
Cons
Second-guessing myself on any call that could have gone better - but that's just part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon Fire & Rescue Service. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5