Aviva Employee Reviews

Aviva
Live Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Norwich21 June 2018
Great place to work for benefits are great and loved it to be honest only draw down was when our management team changed my old manager was great new manager not so great and relocating and will leave my managers an honest review.
Pros
Aviva benefits and discounts
Cons
New management awful
Nice place to work
Lead Business Analyst, Norwich, United Kingdom (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Very good environment. People are very helpful and friendly.latest technology and adapting with the changing needs. Nice work life balance. New opportunities to work for
Work benefits
New business and Retention consultant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 June 2018
Aviva offer great staff benefits include save as you earn, share schemes, Spotlight reward programmes and the maternity/paternity benefits are amazing!
Pros
Maternity/Paternity benefits
Cons
job role pressure
Productive workplace
Broker Support (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 June 2018
I really enjoyed working with my consultant and we worked very well together as a team. We achieved targets and offered each other support. Team as a whole worked well together.
Proactive and full-on energetic
Programme Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
I was asked to scope some new Cyber projects and then required rescue some existing ones - which I loved doing. The support and input from sponsors was huge and though testing at times it was a pleasure to bring about positive technology and cultural change in a short time to help protect Aviva
Pros
Local and known contacts
Cons
Pockets of legacy resistance to change
Excellent work atmosphere
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
I was contracted to work for Aviva on a part time contract. I was brought in to help clear a back log of information that had built up over the previous year. My day to day role was to interpret data from excel spreadsheets and both simplify and manipulate the data. I was originally hired on a 3 month basis, I managed to clear the backlog of information in just shy of a month and a half, Less than half of the expected time, as a result my services were no longer required. I thoroughly enjoyed having to work to a deadline and the level of responsibility that was given to me.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and lovely colleagues
Cons
The travel was very difficult to and from work
Productive, rewarding, Excellent training and a fun place to work
Senior Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex23 May 2018
Challenging and rewarding.

Handling commercial property

Hardest part of the job was finding your way around all their computer systems.

Team work
Pros
Flex time
Ok if your face fits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 May 2018
Worked there for several years no progression only if your face fits.

They also treat men with children abysmally but fall over to help women work part time.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Supportive employer and good place to work
Flexible Benefits Group Protection Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk30 April 2018
Aviva was a really great place to work. There was a good balance of having fun and getting on with your work. The benefits were great, such as buying holiday and flexible working hours. I felt very well supported by my Manager and had a good relationship with my team mates.
Client Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey6 April 2018
Good place and company to work for , manager was very nice and fair with all the team.
Manager was very supportive and helpful , still miss the place and people.
Good progression possibilities
COMMERCIAL CLAIMS HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex6 April 2018
Very proud to say I have worked for aviva for over 10 years - they care about thier employees as well as customers- great place to work, where colleagues become family
Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London3 April 2018
It was only two weeks of work experience and the task I was given was quite mundane but it seemed like a good professional work environment if not exceptional.
Cons
Lack of engagement
Prodcutive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 March 2018
 Receiving and dealing with all initial customer communications, by phone, mail and face-to-face
 Guiding all customer issues to a satisfactory conclusion
 Assisting management with customer service policies
 Creating and maintain customer call logs
 Promoting the supportive image of the company in every way possible
Great place to work.
Third Party Management and Third Party Capture (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester28 March 2018
Great place to work, dedicated to Customer satisfaction.
Good wage and benefits.
Great training packages.
Nice environment to work in.
Good inclusion of the staff in some of the working practices.
Liability claims handler
Claim Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 March 2018
- Following completion of training I was initially allocated a caseload of 100 – 120 cases with gradual increases over a period of 6 months until it reached a caseload of 250.
- Handled property liability claims from inception to conclusion within an authority limit of £20,000.
- This involved acknowledging initial notification with the third party or their representatives, liaising with client to ascertain all circumstances with a view to establishing liability and setting appropriate reserves.
- In cases of longer recovery periods I would arrange interim payments where appropriate and in cases where liability could not be agreed or was in dispute
exciting place to work
Group Head (Former Employee) –  London21 March 2018
exciting place to work with clear vision of the future and good working culture. always looking to hire the best people and demands a never rest attitude while working and leading on work life balance.
Poor Management
Corporate Security Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom21 March 2018
Constant negativity and pressure from some management. Cut throat business that if you don't perform in their eyes you're out with little development.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
Constantly on call
Rewarding with some flexablility
Field Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent12 March 2018
As this role was home based this required me to be very organised and manage my diary and work load, from visiting the new claims and scoping for the damage, to appointing the contractors and managing the claims to completion. Some claims were very complex, but these were also some of the most rewarding once we had returned our customers back to there pre-loss position.
Pros
Enjoyable and varied
Cons
Lone working sometimes without enough support
worked with Aviva for 23 years
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
I worked for Aviva for many years at numerous locations doing numerous roles. I was very happy but got made redundant. I would never have left but for this.
Local employment
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 February 2018
Great employer With plenty of opportunities to move within departments and create a career or have a continuous role within the company. Lots going on locally and within the Aviva Group.
Pros
Free car parking
Cons
Large company with a culture of continuous change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviva. Our community is ready to answer.