Aviva

Aviva Employee Reviews

United Kingdom454 reviews
Lovely culture and environment. Good support systems in place. Just like all places some good managers some not so. Open to new ideas. I would recommend working for aviva
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Stressful in surge conditions
Very fast paced work as contact centre so always expected to be on an open line unless on a break. Supportive team members. I enjoyed my time at Aviva. I left as thought the grass was greener on the other side but that was not the case. Paid well and annual bonus. You are expected to work hard but it is rewarding.
Pros
Salary and annual bonus. Team members
Cons
Fast paced and can be stressful at times
I was TUPE'D from another company and the transition was seamless.

I worked within a team and they had great opportunities to move up the ladder.

I liked working here.
Pros
Good Pension & Bonus Scheme
Cons
Relocation package not great
I would never advise any one to work there, I worked in wholesale and it was a vile environment. Staff went to external meetings and came back stinking of alcohol and my whole day was spent processing alcohol expenses, shame on you Aviva!
Management are poor and ill-informed! I was bullied out of the company because of my absence due to mental health, my manager was ignorant and sneaky! I would not recommend working for them! Training has nothing to do with the actual job! They pride themselves on being diverse but they are the opposite! Manager was very unprofessional and took a disliking to me, he then did everything he could to get me out.
Cons
Terrible management and policies
Answering the telephone.
Booking appointments.

Working underpresser.

Working with the team.

I really enjoyed working here its was a shame I had to relocate and leave .

Dealing with clintebts
Pros
Ill do it all over again
Cons
Sorry i lefted
Aviva Investors are professional outstanding leaders in Financial asset management.
Financial Crime Operations within Aviva Investors are the first line of defence for crime and Anti Money Laundering (AML),
If you just need a job and have no plans to progress your career then it will be very good for you. As a customer service rep you can choose your own shifts and there's greatbenefits. However performance isn't measured and you get a pay rise if you are friends with the manager. There is also a stigma in other areas of the business that if you are in an entry level job then you need constant monitoring and can't.think for yourself.. There are no pathways to other areas of the business and its very dead end. There
Pros
Choosing shifts
Cons
No way to progress
Loved the fast paced environment yet very cooperative. Aviva had great employee benefits and always opportunity for development!

I would definitely recommend working for AVIVA!
Do not recommend. I feel that at Aviva if you are not a manager, you do not have any rights. You will not be listen to, you will not be respected. At Aviva same rule does not apply to everyone. At Aviva it’s not what you know but who you know. If you are in a right click you’ll ok.
Varying degrees of management - task manager / people manager neither of whom will take responsibility to provide open and honest feedback even when requested or scheduled frequently. Would rather bury their heads in the sand to avoid confrontation or seek feedback on themselves.

After 10+ years employment and thinking you're doing a good job, people and task managers are reviewing you behind your back.

They don't like to hear the truth from the coalface but rather get rid.

Avoid at all costs
Wonderful teams and great projects to really show one's talents. problem is this never lasts. There are two distinct cultures there. Those who want to do an amazing job and achieve great things for the company and themselves. And those who 'keep their heads down' and avoid restructure after restructure accepting the status quo.

Great rewards and inclusive culture
Good place to work if you like doing the same thing constantly, great with anything you need support with. not challenging though therefore can be boring
Aviva is a very good company to work for, training was excellent, able to apart to your personal needs in life, good work environment and very professional
The company aim to look after employees, there are discounts, free fruit and vegetables, concessions, kitchen facilities, mental health considerations and many more things. The atmosphere is relaxed, dress code is smart casual. There are many events put on by the company throughout the year.
It's not what you know, it's who you know. Some quite disastrous high up managers - all scratching each other's backs and making sure their pals get promotions. If you're not part of the gang in Sheffield, you really won't progress.
Good place to work, can be fun. You can be as involved as you wish with the clubs available or not. Your team does rally round if you need assistance, so good team spirit.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
None I can think of
Some very poor managers, no people skills, Constant changes in work practices, no time to learn, then changed constantly. constant threat of redundancy
Good wages however not focussed on the individuals progression. More call centre based now.
Pressure on staff

Good staff benefits for maternity/paternity, share saves, pension scheme etc plus discounts for shops etc
I worked for Aviva for 25 years and would recommend anyone to work for them. Sadly i was made redundant otherwise I feel I would still be working there.
Worked at Aviva for around 8 years and, on the whole, a good company to work for. The culture is supportive and I have met and worked with some really great people. Like most large companies they have an expenses crisis every few years and end up laying off some middle management, which is a shame as they lose some good people.