Aviva Employee Reviews

Client Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey6 April 2018
Good place and company to work for , manager was very nice and fair with all the team.
Manager was very supportive and helpful , still miss the place and people.
Good progression possibilities
COMMERCIAL CLAIMS HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex6 April 2018
Very proud to say I have worked for aviva for over 10 years - they care about thier employees as well as customers- great place to work, where colleagues become family
Prodcutive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 March 2018
 Receiving and dealing with all initial customer communications, by phone, mail and face-to-face
 Guiding all customer issues to a satisfactory conclusion
 Assisting management with customer service policies
 Creating and maintain customer call logs
 Promoting the supportive image of the company in every way possible
Great place to work.
Third Party Management and Third Party Capture (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester28 March 2018
Great place to work, dedicated to Customer satisfaction.
Good wage and benefits.
Great training packages.
Nice environment to work in.
Good inclusion of the staff in some of the working practices.
Liability claims handler
Claim Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 March 2018
- Following completion of training I was initially allocated a caseload of 100 – 120 cases with gradual increases over a period of 6 months until it reached a caseload of 250.
- Handled property liability claims from inception to conclusion within an authority limit of £20,000.
- This involved acknowledging initial notification with the third party or their representatives, liaising with client to ascertain all circumstances with a view to establishing liability and setting appropriate reserves.
- In cases of longer recovery periods I would arrange interim payments where appropriate and in cases where liability could not be agreed or was in dispute
exciting place to work
Group Head (Former Employee) –  London21 March 2018
exciting place to work with clear vision of the future and good working culture. always looking to hire the best people and demands a never rest attitude while working and leading on work life balance.
Poor Management
Corporate Security Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom21 March 2018
Constant negativity and pressure from some management. Cut throat business that if you don't perform in their eyes you're out with little development.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
Constantly on call
Rewarding with some flexablility
Field Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent12 March 2018
As this role was home based this required me to be very organised and manage my diary and work load, from visiting the new claims and scoping for the damage, to appointing the contractors and managing the claims to completion. Some claims were very complex, but these were also some of the most rewarding once we had returned our customers back to there pre-loss position.
Pros
Enjoyable and varied
Cons
Lone working sometimes without enough support
worked with Aviva for 23 years
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
I worked for Aviva for many years at numerous locations doing numerous roles. I was very happy but got made redundant. I would never have left but for this.
Local employment
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 February 2018
Great employer With plenty of opportunities to move within departments and create a career or have a continuous role within the company. Lots going on locally and within the Aviva Group.
Pros
Free car parking
Cons
Large company with a culture of continuous change
Not great..
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 February 2018
My manager was not at all supportive. Plus they were biased towards old employees. Not a great place to work with. Work life balance is not respected at all.
Productive and great place for learning
Digital Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk4 February 2018
Aviva is a great place to work, great experience for working in an agile environment, great management support, great learning environment, and people very happy to support you,
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
not adequate information destination
Good company with a reliable income
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 January 2018
Aviva is a good company to work for and a lovely working environment. However, I found that there wasn’t fair treatment regarding progression and development. This seemed to be based on who you know. In a large company it can seem as though you are just a number on a payroll.
Pros
Good pension schemes and staff vouchers
Cons
Wages are low and not clear how to meet the targets for higher pay increase
aviva review
Head of Digital (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London23 January 2018
Good company
lack strategic execution but is has vision and strategy sorted out
Plenty of opportunity in digital, and a leader in its vertical
complex org structure.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Complex structure
Review
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Home Based20 January 2018
Part time working from home
Online training
Busy on calls most days
Enjoyed interaction with customers, but pressure of call taking did not allow for polite conversation, which generated complaints.
Pros
Work from home on decent work plan
Cons
Very intense on calls with added pressure of scoring system
Enjoyable place to work
Personal Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Southend18 January 2018
There was a vast array of personalities at Aviva in Southend which made it a great place to work.

They took me straight off of a building site and opened my eyes to office life which I will always be grateful for.

I learned so much in my 6plus years at Aviva, from how offices function to general insurance and insurance policies.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunch days, Christmas and summer parties
Hard working business
Surveyor contracts manager (Former Employee) –  UK4 January 2018
Great company to work for. long hours and hard work but very rewarding. The pension scheme and health benefits are second to none and the shear option scheme is a great way to invest.
Flexible and enjoyable
Motor BI claims handler (Current Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire18 December 2017
Aviva and it’s flex benifit allows you to work a 35 hour week without the fatigue of a normal 9-5 job. The ability to build flex time which can be taken whenever the business allows (which is all the time). Flexible working hours allowing a 4 day week however maintaining your 35 working hours.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Location of office
Typical Day
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2017
Taking calls from customers and going through policies and discussing requirements. Renewing policies and soft selling other products.
Dealing with complaints if necessary
Pros
work from Home
Cons
long hours and weekenend work
Supportive at all times
Commercial property claims handler (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex4 December 2017
I loved working for Aviva and the only reason I
Am leaving is because i am being made redundant all our work is migrating to Perth and I cannot relocate .
Pros
Parking pension 25 days holiday flexible hours