Aviva Employee Reviews

A relaxing workplace
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 November 2017
A typical day at work would involve meetings with stakeholders and being aware of how each thing you do impacts other teams.

A fun and friendly workforce of diverse interests.
Pros
Free drinks machines
Productive and friendly staff
Client Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey11 October 2017
Prepare quotes from daily list provided. Attend training sessions to help with career development and to keep up-to-date with job requirements. Assist with sending out statement in post if required.
Pros
Car park, near to public transport, restaurant
Productive and nice place to work
Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2017
Busy and great place to work. People were helpful and the working atmosphere was good. Very difficult to give a full review in view of the amount of time I was working here.
great promotion potential
Team manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich30 September 2017
Really was allowed to grow as a person in this role. Gained vast management/customer handling skills.
Lots of redundancies and felt at risk on numerous occassions
Looks after their staff financially
Senior Trading Underwriter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 September 2017
Nice company; reasonably good work life balance; looks after their staff financially; nice culture; always busy as it's a big name insurer and there's never a lull in enquiries coming in.
A good company.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Norwich21 September 2017
I reached the age of 60 in 2017, so was able to take retirement. A noticeable change in culture during my final 2 - 3 years meant I knew it was time to move on.
dreaded call centre
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 September 2017
The job was poor, but colleagues made up for that. I met some amazing people who will be friends for life.
The managers were very good too, very supportive, that is unless the call queue got too big and they would disappear into a meeting to see how they could improve instead of jumping on a phone and taking some calls for 30 mins or so. The job itself was tough, I always felt drained after but I'd do the job again
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Had to talk over the phone
Progressive but bureaucratic
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
Lots of great idea and a very positive ethos; employs excellent staff, but hamstrung by internal politics and an inability to implement really visionary change.
Diligenta- useless place
Customer Service Representative- Diligenta (Current Employee) –  Bristol16 September 2017
Typical day-Not very good.
What you have learned-No personal development
Management- only believes in cost cutting
Workplace culture- only work
Most enjoyable part- people , team mates
Pros
free parking, flexibility
Cons
too much pressure
Overall good employer
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwich13 September 2017
I worked for Aviva for many years until I was made redundant. It was a good employer and salary and benefits at the time were very good

Pension holiday etc were also extra benefits
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Productive & effiecient
Payments Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk12 September 2017
plenty of variety each day due to the area in which I work, numerous areas to support and provide guidance across UK & Ireland business areas. I'm able to work and manage my own workloads
Pros
fexible working
Typical Day in the office
Senior Claims Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex10 September 2017
No two days are the same , dealing with third parties and customers is key . You have to ensure you deliver great customer service putting their needs first and foremost .
Pros
Free Healthy snacks
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol5 September 2017
- Quite friendly colleagues
- Good career opportunity
- Salary was ok
- Subsidised transport
- Serene work environment
- A typical work day at Aviva is very full on
Great benifits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire1 September 2017
Great place to work and the ability to move within departments to gain experience and move up in your role.

They offer great benefits like buying holidays and selling them , Parental day if your children are ill.
Productive and fun workplace
CLIENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire1 September 2017
It was a good job which helped me build on my customer service skills. The office had a good social atmosphere and everyone was friendly. Was called Norwich Union at the time before bieng taken over by Aviva
Good
Senior scheme manager (Current Employee) –  Dorking29 August 2017
I would rate aviva as a good company to work for with progression opportunities.

I would also say that the management are not available for support as much as needed for some of the team.
Busy lifesytle
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk17 August 2017
I enjoyed working in salons providing clients with a service. I especially loved colouring hair. I also liked the busy salon and chatting to the clients about their lives
Pros
Making peole smile
Very supportive employees.
Test Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Pitheavlis4 August 2017
They gave me good training in a short time, since i was only working as an intern, they were supportive and always helpful. The work atmosphere at Aviva was quite relaxed in my department which helps if you get stressed easily, because you'll always have someone to help you.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Slow software.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth and Kinross29 July 2017
I joined aviva through the career ready programme and spent the month in guide wire learning skills on the computer and building my skills on Skype calls and team work
Pros
Better understanding of different areas in the work place
Cons
Travel
Rewarding and enjoyable place to work
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 July 2017
Good benefits, I made lots of friends working there, and the staff and management are all great to work with and for. The culture is improving and the office is a friendly and open place to work. The work itself is varied and interesting and I've been lucky to have a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Good pension, great staff, friendly environment
Cons
Pay