Aviva Employee Reviews

A professional and forward thinking company
Senior PA to Executive Director (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 September 2018
I enjoyed my career at Aviva, the management, from CEO down to departmental mnager, were excellent and encouraged all employees to embrace personal development and career advancement.

I had the opportunity of voluntary redundancy, which I accepted, as I was already planning to leave York to return to the south of England.
Pros
Staff concessions for insurance and mortgages
Cons
Great place to work, and build a career
Aviva Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2018
Aviva has a great working environment, supportive management and follows through on treating their staff as individuals, allowing them to achieve goals and climb the ladder if you're willing to put in the effort and be passionate about what you do. A company which truly looks out for it's staff.
Stable environment
GI Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk3 September 2018
Stable business and opportunity to move within the organisations. Work like balance is really good. Great salary and benefits package depending on the area in which you are employed.
good work/life balance
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  London30 August 2018
Great work/life balance
Good employee benefits package
Friendly and caring company culture
For me personally, current manager is not supportive of career development which illustrates that sub-cultures can vary
Pros
Overall company culture is people-focused and friendly
Cons
sub-cultures are varied with some teams having poorer career development options
Good workplace
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk26 August 2018
I have been able to adapt my hours and days whilst working part-time due to family appointments and changes in my homelife.
Each day is varied but interesting.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Work now moving elsewhere
Good employer
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
I enjoyed a varied role, which allowed me to learn new skills. The life/work balance was good, with good employee benefits. The office had a relaxed atmosphere and good morale.
Pros
Good benefits, good work/life balance
Fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 August 2018
I enjoyed this role it was a good job and was nice working with people similar in age was a very sociable place to work was sad to leave. Would definitely work for Aviva again
Contract placement
Pricing & Analytics Business Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Norwich2 August 2018
9 month contract. Ambitions company, worked on a cutting edge project investigating the use of AI/Machine Learning in all aspects of the underwriting/pricing process.
Difficult place to work with numerous redundancies and an unsettled culture
Uk institutional Marketing executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 July 2018
I wouldn't want to go back there again. There was little job security, regular redundancies and cost cutting and they payed below market rate in many of the departments.
Call Centre
Commercial Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk24 July 2018
Said it wasn't a call centre - it was. Was young and it was my first job so the money seemed good, but looking back the salary was poor, No flex and standard benefits.
really enjoyable
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Bank Station21 July 2018
Great atmosphere. Worked incredibley hard and learned the ins and outs of the company and how transactions work. Built my confidence and improved my leadership skills.
Fun place to work with career prospects
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire18 July 2018
Really enjoyed my time at Aviva and loved my job and the people I did it with, unfortantly I had to leave as I have a child with special needs and he needed a lot of attention and support so could no longer juggle work and home life.
Pros
Lovely people to work alongside
Cons
Not flexible with hours
Secure company that looks after it's employees
HR Assistant (3 weeks work experience placement) (Former Employee) –  York3 July 2018
I worked here for a 3-week work experience placement so I can't really say anything about the salary. The team I worked with were very helpful and friendly. They take the needs of every employee very seriously and try help them as much as possible while also keeping the benefits for the company in mind.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
expensive lunches
Aviva
Live Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Norwich21 June 2018
Great place to work for benefits are great and loved it to be honest only draw down was when our management team changed my old manager was great new manager not so great and relocating and will leave my managers an honest review.
Pros
Aviva benefits and discounts
Cons
New management awful
Nice place to work
Lead Business Analyst, Norwich, United Kingdom (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Very good environment. People are very helpful and friendly.latest technology and adapting with the changing needs. Nice work life balance. New opportunities to work for
Work benefits
New business and Retention consultant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 June 2018
Aviva offer great staff benefits include save as you earn, share schemes, Spotlight reward programmes and the maternity/paternity benefits are amazing!
Pros
Maternity/Paternity benefits
Cons
job role pressure
Productive workplace
Broker Support (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 June 2018
I really enjoyed working with my consultant and we worked very well together as a team. We achieved targets and offered each other support. Team as a whole worked well together.
Proactive and full-on energetic
Programme Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
I was asked to scope some new Cyber projects and then required rescue some existing ones - which I loved doing. The support and input from sponsors was huge and though testing at times it was a pleasure to bring about positive technology and cultural change in a short time to help protect Aviva
Pros
Local and known contacts
Cons
Pockets of legacy resistance to change
Excellent work atmosphere
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
I was contracted to work for Aviva on a part time contract. I was brought in to help clear a back log of information that had built up over the previous year. My day to day role was to interpret data from excel spreadsheets and both simplify and manipulate the data. I was originally hired on a 3 month basis, I managed to clear the backlog of information in just shy of a month and a half, Less than half of the expected time, as a result my services were no longer required. I thoroughly enjoyed having to work to a deadline and the level of responsibility that was given to me.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and lovely colleagues
Cons
The travel was very difficult to and from work
Productive, rewarding, Excellent training and a fun place to work
Senior Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex23 May 2018
Challenging and rewarding.

Handling commercial property

Hardest part of the job was finding your way around all their computer systems.

Team work
Pros
Flex time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviva. Our community is ready to answer.