Aviva Employee Reviews

Friendly and collaborative environment
Actuarial Trainee (Former Employee) –  London2 January 2019
The office at Aviva was dynamic and exciting. Everyone was friendly and professional. The teams worked together to get the best possible work done and were always excellent at promoting a positive atmosphere.
The wider office was easy to get on with as well. There was a community dynamic at Aviva, where people participated in social activities alongside their work functions (cake club, book clubs, Christmas decoration competitions and quizzes).
Pros
Great area of London, wonderful company ethos
Cons
If you live outside of London, long commute
Unclear
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 January 2019
I had an interview which I thought I basically smashed and had experience in the area I applied for, even when the job itself says NO experience is needed as you’ll be fully trained, however got told I was unsuccessful due to my level of experience. Also they’re clearly not looking for bubbly, enthusiastic people as the office floor felt like walking into a morgue. But hey ho
Pros
You get interview feedback
Cons
It doesn’t make sense
Terrible place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire6 January 2019
Minimal training, and a system where every single thing you do is scrutinized. Ten minutes a day to go to the bathrooms which are a football pitch distance from your desk, constant pedantically marked call reviews where any deviations from the script are gleefully leap upon so they can sit you on the naughty step and put another black mark in your file (which they use to threaten you with if they want to get rid of you)...

If you're on a call when it's home time, you have to stay with never any thanks or extra pay - ten percent of the time you go in only to find there are too many people in and get sent home. Office is difficult to get to and in the middle of nowhere.

Never ever work here.
Pros
You are allowed home occasionally
Cons
Everything about this job is terrible
Getting better but a long way to go
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Glasgow5 December 2018
Improving flexibility with the implementation of working from home (currently on a pilot); however, still under immense pressure to do work yet little staff (staff relocated or left and not replaced).

Office politics does apply to alot!

Overall package good, but still a bit off what others offer.
Pros
Free tea, coffee, juice
Cons
Office politics
A secure company to work for
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  York7 November 2018
Working at Aviva, like most large corporates is a mixed bag. There are aspects of the culture which are very good, such as the dedication to the customer. However, in practice there are issues with internal politics where some individuals in key positions can lack transparency and at times focus on there own interests and do not wish to collaborate.

I worked in numerous roles within the company in 10+ years, and the culture varies from leader to leader and department to department. There are some great people in the company who really want to put the customer first, but internal communication and transparency is still a blockage - despite years of this culture being preached
Pros
flexible working, employee support programme, good holiday package
Cons
micro-management culture, poor pay review system
A professional and forward thinking company
Senior PA to Executive Director (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 September 2018
I enjoyed my career at Aviva, the management, from CEO down to departmental mnager, were excellent and encouraged all employees to embrace personal development and career advancement.

I had the opportunity of voluntary redundancy, which I accepted, as I was already planning to leave York to return to the south of England.
Pros
Staff concessions for insurance and mortgages
good work/life balance
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  London30 August 2018
Great work/life balance
Good employee benefits package
Friendly and caring company culture
For me personally, current manager is not supportive of career development which illustrates that sub-cultures can vary
Pros
Overall company culture is people-focused and friendly
Cons
sub-cultures are varied with some teams having poorer career development options
Great company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 November 2018
Great company, and excellent package and rate of pay. Friendly and relaxed environment. Would highly recommend this company. Extensive training and lors of opportunities for progression.
Pros
Excellent pension and benefits package
Cons
Weeends and late shifts
If you like a good re-structure
Insight Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire4 January 2019
If you like constant change then this is a great place to work. Lots of opportunities to do new things.

work / life balance is ok / depends on the team you work in.

pay and benefits are pretty good.

Culture could be better.

Re-structure fatigue for many.
Great place to work, and build a career
Aviva Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2018
Aviva has a great working environment, supportive management and follows through on treating their staff as individuals, allowing them to achieve goals and climb the ladder if you're willing to put in the effort and be passionate about what you do. A company which truly looks out for it's staff.
Poor payers and morale
Bodily Injury/Complaints Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk12 November 2018
Unfortunately, whilst the people who work on the front line are doing their best, the management does not create a happy culture. There is also a real difficulty in advancing within the company if you do not "fit in" with the right people.
Was a 1 week work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Marble Hall25 October 2018
This was a one week work experience I organised during high school. My week there was fun and educational. I got to spend a day in the build room, and a day on the help desk; these are the highlights of my week there.
Credit control
Finance Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 October 2018
Fantastic place and company to work for. I gained a lot of experience in my job and in-service trainings received helped me understand things better on how to treat customers fairly.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Overtime hours
Secure company that looks after it's employees
HR Assistant (3 weeks work experience placement) (Former Employee) –  York3 July 2018
I worked here for a 3-week work experience placement so I can't really say anything about the salary. The team I worked with were very helpful and friendly. They take the needs of every employee very seriously and try help them as much as possible while also keeping the benefits for the company in mind.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
expensive lunches
varied days
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2018
Work was varied day to day due to the nature of working in motor claims. I enjoyed the work as i'd never worked in the insurance business, so i learnt a great deal.
Pros
varied days
Cons
team leaders not understanding when it came to time off due to illness and family bereavement.
Fun place to work
Complaints and Customer Experience Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich21 November 2018
Excellent place to work, good work to life balance, lots of work events and charitable events.

Everyone is friendly, welcoming and fun to work with.

Excellent location
Senior Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex21 January 2019
I loved working for Aviva for various reasons namely, company benefits, great colleagues and good social events. I am still gutted a year later, to have been made redundant!
benefits
Cons
Fun place to work with career prospects
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire18 July 2018
Really enjoyed my time at Aviva and loved my job and the people I did it with, unfortantly I had to leave as I have a child with special needs and he needed a lot of attention and support so could no longer juggle work and home life.
Pros
Lovely people to work alongside
Cons
Not flexible with hours
Nice plqce to work
Corporate receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2018
it is a good experience i learned a lot and i wand to learn more and more; i can say that aviva gives me the chance to discover corporate role and also to work in a busy environment,
productive
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 November 2018
This was a call centre environment and therefore a busy and fast paced environment. This made you very much responsible for your own calls. Initiative was key to this role
Pros
flexi time