Avios Group

Avios Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Avios Group selected this as a representative review
Avios was a very good place to work. The work ethic was very much based around the product that the business was in and that is holidays.Avios are great for upgrading from premium economy to business class - we're off to New York shortly and upgraded on BA from WT+ to club class for just 20,000 Avios in total - bargain! I'd never use them to book a long-haul flight, but for upgrading they've worked very well for us - as long as the upgrade is available of course, but so far we've been lucky. I have found them to be great. You need to be flexible with dates and destinations, that's how it works for us. Flying to Tampa next week in Club with Avios. We were able to fly to any Florida destination and flexible with dates. Even paying taxes it's good value, I suppose I don't expect a totally free flight, others do. I'll carry on collecting.
Pros
Laid back attitude, great colleagues. Decent amount of annual leave, although sometimes hard to use. Decent location, free parking. Some perks after 6 months.
Cons
not continuation with company neither progresion with company, because is closing down.
Lovely team membersTough work environment due to work hours Unrealistic commision targets & tough productivity rates.Very negative unmotivating team managers
Pros
Lovely team members
Cons
I was lucky enough to work with a great bunch of people in my team. We allot on like a house on fire and that made for collaborative success when developing the mobile app.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Not a long commute but an expensive on on Gatwick Express
The culture at Avios is very difficult to settle into, as in any contact centre. The salary is basic plus commission based on ever-increasing sales targets that become almost impossible to meet as time goes on.
Customer service advisor dealing with basic queries about Avios points. I learned about how Avios points can be collected and used along with all of the benefits of having Avios points. The management is great and will always look out for you, motivate you to do better with incentives and going through your targets through one-to-one reviews. Workplace is just a usual call centre, quite a big building with a nice atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is problem solving when dealing with difficult customers or queries but there is always help and advice available. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to build rapport with the customer and giving customer satisfaction by dealing with their queries as best as possible.
Heads of departments dont care about staff. No career progression, unless you're a yes person and dont have an opinion or voice. Loyalty scheme that offers no loyalty to staff.
Handling high volumes of calls everyday, from all around the world. Very friendly and relaxed place to work. Any issues or problems will get a lot of support from managers and team leaders. Hardest part is it is very repetitive taking calls all day.
Pros
Staff Benefits, Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Long hours and repetitive
i enjoyed my time at Avios. The raining is quite lkong but is needed to learn all procudures of travelling. I worked on the US depeartment which meant i worked alot of nights up to 1am which was not suitable for my lifestyle as i had not long had a baby
I worked here when it was Airmiles, wow what a place to work, exciting, rewarding. Took time to develop staff and encourage us to stay. The bonus scheme was attractive and of course lots of cheap holidays on offer.
Lots of change going on as they have closed the Avios loyalty program and they are relocating a lot of staff and roles to Heathrow or into London and there has been a lot of redundancies.
Fun place to work with lots of incentives. Amazing management with lots of opportunities to progress in to another career. Plenty of chance to do overtime and get the extra money in
Pros
Great management
I loved working for A/IOS. very friendly environment. lots chance to learn new skills. Good datasources managed by British Airways. Lots benefits in terms of flights. good management and managers care about you.
Pros
possibilities to by avios at good price
Fun, family-like atmosphere but one that has undergone dramatic change in the past 5 years, leaving many unsettled. Frequent strategy change at the top has meant the company going full-circle over a longer time period. New initiatives are brought on board but quickly become stale or forgotten about within 6-12 months, easy to now dismiss new initiatives as the company does not work hard enough to retain these mission objectives. A lot of the workforce have been there for over 10 to 15 years and unlikely to leave any time soon, meaning limited room for progression beyond junior Manager level and recent cutbacks have meant that previous budgets for external training, courses, conferences and learning resource is now a distant memory. Work-from-home days are permitted, free onsite car parking and a good range of shops and amenities within walking distance.
Pros
Work from home days
Cons
Blame culture
Avios is the loyalty business in the International Airlines Group and supply's the loyalty currency for BA, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Vueling and others. A fairly average business model with a complex infrastructure. Change is requested and required but not necessarily supported by a culture which is risk averse. I have learned to delivery whilst managing ambiguity, and can balance the portfolio against the strategic and tactical priorities of the business. There is little work life balance, as international deliveries afford little time and you have to be prepared to stay and see the job through. The people in Avios are hardworking and social and many events and opportunities to mix are presented throughout the year
Pros
bonus structure, travel rewards, subsidised air travel.
Cons
Long hour, complex infrastructure, culturally adverse to change
There are good perks Generally a good place to work Free parking Onsite canteen Good training team Easy to get to Shifts can be over 7 days Free hot drinks Staff are happy to support each other
If you are interested in travel Avios is a great place to learn and expand your knowledge. They help you gain travel knowledge and encourage you to travel more.
benefits
Cons
Long Unsociable hours
A typical day would consist of meetings in-between communicating with customers via social networking sites, e-mail's, web chat and phone. My job includes lots of variety switching between multiple roles throughout the day. We are constantly training and learning new things. So nay day could involve training. We work as a very close community with Managers and co-workers all socialising and working together to resolve issues. The hardest part of the job would be a problem case or an irate customer, however this would lead on to the most enjoyable part of the job which would result in fixing an extremely hard problem.
Pros
Interesting work, Great Team and Colleagues, Discount travel benefits, great environment
Cons
Unsociable hours difficult to arrange plans