Avery Healthcare

Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom177 reviews
Don’t
I have worked for Avery healthcare for two years and they have shown their true colours during the covid-19 period. No staff support or benefits at all. There is a certain click between some heads of departments especially Admin, head of wellbeing and deputy manager. They are in a special friends circle and are allowed to do whatever they want including leaving work early, spending time together in one’s office, having lunch together for at least an hour if not more. The seniors and advanced seniors are very good at what they do but their authority has been undermined all the time. The staff is pushed to their limits and never even get a thank you for their hard work. Avery focuses a lot on negatives and mistakes but gives no praise when needed. The staff has had more appreciation from family members rather than management in the home. I would think very carefully before joining Avery healthcare.
Pros
Patients and other staff
Cons
Management in general
Awful company
Awful company to work for.
Covid 19 has really highlighted how appalling the company really is to work for. Staff just expected to get on and do as they're told even if this means compromising their own health. No one knows whether they're coming or going as there is no communication at all, one day is one rule the next another.

Carers do their best with what they're given but constantly short staffed, no consideration for this from management who still find the negatives in everything they do. Management are never seen on the floor and have unrealistic suggestions about the running of things.
To much work politics
I worked for one of Avery homes, I left because the Management, they didn’t like your ideas unless they had came up with it by the selfs, they would speak down to you, and use the job role to to over shadow you. Me and the deputy manager did have a conflict in the office as I told her wonted some important in to planning, I was told this would not happen and you need to remember Who is my authority.
Former worker
We would get listen to if your was best friends with management, they don't care about your health. A lot of overtime without a thank you from management. The residents are well looked after but if you was on the NHS floor you would be rushed of your feet all day and don't time to talk with them. On the NHS paperwork was not getting done right. Staff would go around at the end of the day filling them in.
Pros
Can get some nice staff
Poor Company
I found this company to be very one sided, unless you are are best friends with the home managers your opinion means nothing. Being treated like you don’t know anything about residents health conditions because your grade is lower than others who I think are threatened by you knowing more than them.
The induction was very tight as they put online training on you to which had deadlines. They keep saying about work life and home life but there wasn’t any. They directors need to do checks in their home managers and see how they are treating the worker’s. The ones keeping things going.
Excellent
Excellent every thing good not anything to complain i even asked the boos to have my job back. Like working for Avery Healthcare it's very exciting in every way
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Excellent
Ok
Residents and staff members are lovely they make it worthwhile. Management makes up rules as they go along. Poor pay. Work so hard for nothing in return and now due to the virus no one is allowed to take any annual leave even though we need to look after our mental health to, they do not care about you and it’s sad to see when people do care about their job.
Poor training, no support.
Changes needs to be made, favoritism is the most important factor. Unfortunately for your help I have to protect myself and others. That's your problem if you want more information, you have to review your requirements.
Bad management
The home is full of good decent hard working carers, it’s management that ruin the place, no time for staff especially the night staff, always stirring up trouble between staff. Always short staffed, get a day off and they ring you. Staff members there who shouldn’t be looking after residents, not fit but allegations get ignored. Place is a joke I would avoid, aireview Kirkstall
Pros
Residents
Cons
Always Short staffed, rude management.
Fantastic care company . One of the best
Owners and senior management fantastic. Willing to share information to allow personal and professional development.

Work life balance respected q

Experienced dedicated peers made work enjoyable
Awful place to work
Manger hates women, especially those with a mind, you're treated like an idiot by senior staff and long term staff, staff are click clicky, they stand by while abuse and neglect happens. This has been reported to CQC and ACAS.
Staff and residents
Very well satisfied with working there I loved the staff and the residents they were all very friendly and welcoming.
The service they provide is great for the residents and there family.
Stressful and exploitative
This was my first job in the care industry, the initial training I felt was good and supportive which had me feeling positive about the role at first.

I applied for a Kitchen Assistant position, but ended up working as a Host, which although still part of the kitchen team is quite a different role as it involves a lot more interaction with the residents and minimal time spent in the kitchen. Similarly someone else in training was under the impression they would be part of the cleaning/housekeeping staff, they ended up hosting too and were very nervous about it.

Pay was essentially minimum wage, which I did not feel was fair given how stressful and demanding the role could be at times. Perks were non-existent. I was responsible for serving breakfast, tea, coffee, drinks, snacks, lunch and dinner to just over 20 residents on the dementia floor, paying careful attention to their dietary preferences and needs. In between mealtimes I was responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the dining area, though I would usually spend time keeping the residents company and helping them with simple tasks as well. There were usually not enough utensils to go around, the hot water machine and dishwasher were temperamental, communication between different departments could have been better. There were some responsibilities I found a bit nonsensical such as having to write a personalised lunch and dinner menu and deliver it by hand to the kitchen staff every day - you'd think they'd have a better system in place, or that the chefs would remember residents' dietary requirements after
 - more...
How a care home should be
To work at Hempstalls Hall is a pleasure. Caring staff, high levels of care, daily activities for residents. Would recommend anyone joining the team if you appreciate working in a home that is genuinely concerned about the welfare and well-being of its service users
Fantastic Company! Highly Recommend !
I have worked for Avery Healthcare for a number of years, during which time I have been allowed to progress, grow and develop and ultimately take on more responsibility at my own pace.
The company has a fantastic culture whereby senior staff treat employees with respect, as an employee I feel that I can approach Directors (and above) about any issues, ideas or suggestions without fear of being reprimanded.

Staff across our care homes are some of the most dedicated individuals I have ever meet and as such I am proud to call them my colleagues.

Working at Group Support Centre there is a friendly culture which I very much enjoy being a part of.

My recommendation would be if you see a vacancy for a job at Avery Healthcare- apply for it!
Not valued
Management dont value you at all. Promise to pay you for a job and then decline. Cannot keep the staff due to how they treat you and constantly using agency staff.
Bullying in from 1 manager.
Don't work for avery
I wouldn't reccomend working for avery.. they take the wrong residents in there home all because of money.. there isn't enough staff on the building so ur always stressed when at work and residents pick up on this.
Poor
Management don't support workers
Long hours ,always short staffed

No staff to cover sickness

A click with staff if you don't fit in they hound you out basically care staff ( the click ) are awful
Disappointed and let down
I worked for Avery for 4 years, in that time we have had 4 different managers, and 2 deputy managers. The management structure has been awful, from my experience I wasn’t given the support when I needed it the most, they make out that you are okay. We got told to write a positive review even if you didn’t have anything positive to say. Only positive I Have is the staff and residents are fab. The management need to give their head a wobble
Never again
This company is not a very good one to work for, we are working in the care profession and yet there is no care towards staff. Poor poor poor management!
Pros
Cons
The whole package
Uniquely and genuinely caring company
My experience of this company has been exceptional. Grove park Leeds has been an inspirational place, the manager is amazing and always has time to guide and teach us. She is motivated every day to help us to improve and deliver outstanding care. The standards set are high across the whole team-so if you have high standards and genuine care values you will thrive and succeed here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9