Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to work, Great team
Staff (Current Employee) –  Midlands21 May 2018
Very well managed, excellent care team, the home is going from strength to strength and it's a pleasure to come to work in such a beautiful home, good on CQC, what more can I say.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Productive, professional, friendly and fun company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire16 May 2018
I have worked at an Avery Home since January, as a career it is proving to be very fruitful and it shows; even in the short span of time I have spent here. Avery have proved to me that if you put in hard work and work effectively in a team, you will be rewarded for it.

Working in a care home, especially that of a premier standard home such as the one I work in, is incredibly rewarding, the care doesn't stop with the carers, all members of the staff here at Avery have a friendly relationship with the residents which helps make a happy, friendly and pleasant environment.

I commend the efforts of management to support the staff and help them progress in a career. I can already see that anyone who comes to work hard and put their all into their work will be rewarded and supported fully in where they want to go within the company.

From the offset, every employee is thoroughly trained so everybody knows how to do their job effectively. I can't fault Avery and their ways of working.

Avery is an excellent company to work for that runs like a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Career Progression, Supportive Management, Excellent working environment.
Miserable!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 May 2018
Absolutely lovely meeting and caring for Residents and getting to know families. But that’s about it. Management do not care about the employees in the slightest and you try and get extra help from head office.. that’s a joke!!
You will never be appreciated for what you do in the slightest or picking up extra shifts.
Also it seems managers really don’t care about the residents. It’s all about making the home look like a hotel.

Avoid.
Pros
The lovely Residents
Cons
Everything else
Homely and caring
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Albion Court7 May 2018
Family orientated home with a caring staff team. I have worked here since last September and feel very supported as a carer. It is very busy but staff are happy and we all get on with our work together.
Very clicky & unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Midlands5 May 2018
Manager has their favourites & it's very clicky with certain staff. Manager rewards certain individuals with a gift for basically doing their job.
Expect too much from you & offer no support or help
Managrment team very two faced & talk about staff to other staff.
Often short staffed
Pros
Wages are good
Cons
Bad management & expect too much
The worst place ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey4 May 2018
Rude , unskilled , unwelcoming staff , bad place to work , management do not value staff ,they do treat staff like slaves .
If you want to destroy your life and meet the worst possible , then join Silvermere Cobham .
By the way , the traffic is absolute nightmare , so that's another reason to join :)
Pros
Hard to find any . STAY AWAY FROM THIS MISERY
Cons
The worst staff ever, unskilled, rude, arrogant, angry
Disgusting
Activity co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 April 2018
Terrible place to work. Any positive feedback must have been written by management who are ignorant, unprofessional and very clicky. I complained to Avery about concerns regarding neglect of residents but basically got fobbed off. Residents are left with soaked pads and ignored when they need support, many concerning issues which involve neglect.. Very short staffed and extremely high turn over of staff which says it all really. Avery harp on about residents dignity being maintained yet they do little to implement a good standard of living for residents. I would never put one of my parents in this place!!!! Stay clear folks because you're just a number!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good place if able to work long hours
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire2 March 2018
Caring for the elderly residents was very rewarding as you became very attached to them and wanted the best for them. Training was provided but the shift pattern did not suit my family life as it was 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Subsidised meal
Awful
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 March 2018
Expected to do long shifts no extra pay for weekends or nights. minimum wage and literally running around the whole shift, exhausting and isnt worth it at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, rude management
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire26 January 2018
Awful place, good at knocking your confidence, but definitely lack of care and compassion for resident's and staff . Low wage, long hours and lucky to get a lunch break . No meals are allowed they would sooner throw the food in the bin . High price Accommodation with little staff as possible. All this company think about is profit and nothing else. Management are very unprofessional and clicky. If you have a problem the whole home will know in the next hour due to lack of confidentiality. Stay away . Resident's do not get the time they deserve.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no staff
Very poorly managed.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire16 January 2018
Lack of care and compassion for staff. Lack of support from management.Very high levels of staff turnover always expected to do extra shifts and get nothing in return, a simple Thank you can go a long way. Always short staffed. Residents are within the home that clearly need extra care that isn't offered at this home and should be in homes that cater for their needs. Staff always try their best and always put residents needs first.
Pros
Lovely looking home.
Cons
All of the above
Awful environment to work
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire12 January 2018
Absolutely appalled at my time here staff are. I not appreciated and are worked to gyhe ground.managemnt couldn’t care less about their staff and residents no money to even provide essentials such as pads sheets.residents were unhappy at he service which is a shame given prices are extortionate. There is no praise for anything that was done to a high standard a very negative place to work. Most staff were bitchey and unprofessional and continue to do so when you leave bring trouble to names based on lies.not support given and no training opportunity’s provided to exceed abilities and improve current skills
Professional conduct was non exsistant and they employ anyone for min wage and excessive hours .there are no perks to this job and you are seen as just another number. This is a unsafe environment where bad incidents can happen due to the complete lack of compassion of the management
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Terrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aran court28 December 2017
I worked really hard for this company, I was 9 days off from my probation and had an accident with my knee had to undergo an operation , whilst off in hospital had letter of dismissal. No meeting nothing my experience of this company is terrible, management does not care about staff and safety of residents.
Pros
Cons
Under staffed
Very busy
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire19 December 2017
Want to try a new challenge very hard working good attendance like to meet different people very independant the hours are really good and i benefit from them
Supportive and caring.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire8 December 2017
Avery is a supportive, friendly and caring company. The support from management and head office is impeccable. I find the training they offer is top of the scale. With a chance for progression. The staff in the homes work as a team and are like a big family. I have settled into my job for a year now and I would not find another company to the same standard. The care we offer is outstanding and our home is rated the best in our area through the work of our staff.
Pros
Training, supportive and caring
Great company who value the team
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent8 December 2017
Worked with Avery Healthcare for the past 7 months and I have to say my experience has been great. They really value the team and want you to be happy at work.
Resident care is always to high standards and its great knowing that your leaving work and residents have been well cared for and had a good experience.
The care homes, even the ones that have been taken over by Avery are to a high standard and it's clear to see there is a lot of investment.
The culture is open and honest and as an employee, I feel I'm treated fairly.
Avery have recently implemented a benefits system for us which means I get discounts every time I shop. I even get to go to the cinema with 40% off all tickets!
Having worked in a number of care homes I think Avery are the best so far.
Bad place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stoke on Trent trentham6 December 2017
I worked for this company a few years ago and hated every minute of it. management were rude and disrespectful the staff were bickering about each other behind each others back and they made you work like slaves, long hours no weekends off what a rota. my advice don't go there
Work you to death for poor pay
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Good pay
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon3 December 2017
We all started out the same time, as kingsmere set to open, we helped bring in furniture & so on, so we was really there from the beginning. We was promised it would be a great company and business would be booming, manager seemed nice at the time. For a month there was no residence so we still came to work, cleaned added finishing touches.. Everyone got along. Fantastic housekeeping team. Once it got busy manager changed and seem rude, favouritism, people started to fall into thei roles... Groups started forming, division, different department not helping eachother, some staff was just their socially.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Team work
Management bullied staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey16 November 2017
Awful place to work!! Have never experienced such ignorance from management!! Witch hunted out as I was looked down on from day 1 as a receptionist. Turnover so high!! Loved the residents to bits, very sad to leave as had grown very fond of them.Always told to be better even when praised by residents and their relatives on my empathy towards them. I had residents interests at heart! Management interested in money even charging for newspapers!!
Pros
Cons
Patronising and disrespectful from management
Compassionate and caring
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme14 November 2017
Good colleague and good friends .The residents are very friendly and cooperative......................Management.........no words to describe .........to many thing to do and to less time for residents
Pros
Free coffee
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.