Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

Progrression and development
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire14 November 2018
I have worked for Avery for nearly 7 years now. I started as a care assistant and have worked through the roles of, senior care, team leader, unit manager, advanced senior, and m now a deputy manager.
I have found the company to be supportive, and assist you to develop as much as you wish. They have helped me turn a job into a career!
Yes a lot is expected of you, as the company wish to provide the best care possible for our residents, and this involves its staff going the extra mile.
I can hand on heart say that I would not work for another care provider as I feel valued and supported within the company
Pros
Career development
Cons
none!
Lovely place to work
Former team leader (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire14 November 2018
Fun, caring environment. All Staff work very hard and go above and beyond their job role to ensure residents have the best quality of life. There is lots of support within the organisation from other colleagues , including management and superior managers. The training provided is very detailed and equips you well for your job role. Employee benefits system in place where staff can save money on things like shopping/going to the cinema etc.
Pros
Great training provided
Cons
Basic pay
Excellent job opportunities
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire13 November 2018
I have worked for the company for over 18 months now, I had a full induction before starting and have had continuous training since, which has been very helpful for my CPD hours for revalidation and keeping up to date.

I have been able to widen my skills with courses offered by Avery that I'd not been offered in previous jobs.

I have been given excellent job opportunities, working my way up within the company.

The home itself is very welcoming and friendly, with a modern but homely feel. The staff are very hard working and work well as a team, with more senior staff supporting the newer starters.
Management bad! Zero respect for staff members
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 November 2018
My first year working with Avery was amazing. It all changed when new management took over it went downhill fast! There is absolutely no respect for staff members, they never take the time to appreciate what you do. Poor pay, no unpaid "breaks". Honestly it's demoralizing working here. We are always short staff and still expect the same standards.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, no breaks, short staffed.
wonderfull place to work
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent20 November 2018
I am the current home manager at Rivermere Sevenoaks, I am truly blessed to have a beautiful home and an extremely dedicated team that deliver exceptional care every day. I have worked for Avery for nearly four years and the passion that is displayed both from support office and the homes is outstanding. For the care providers that I have worked for Avery Healthcare are by far the best.
One of the best company's in the Health Sector
Well being and activities (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire13 November 2018
This is my first role in the Care Sector and from day 1 I was made to feel welcome and appreciated. Training was geared to the role and was delivered effectively. The home is welcoming, safe and secure and has a great family atmosphere.
Pros
Great support from management, Resident interaction, Relative participation.
Excellent company to work for!
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire31 August 2018
I started as an agency worker and then became a permanent senior. I have worked in many homes and this is by far the best in Wiltshire. Residents are well looked after, staff are well looked after, management are excellent and very supportive!
There are great career development opportunities in place and the settings we work in are beautiful. Have many compliments daily from healthcare professionals and relatives visiting the home!
One of the best company's in the Health Sector
Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire13 November 2018
I have worked for the company for several years and have had wonderful support from all at Avery gaining qualifications in Health & Social Care, Customer Service and Business & Administration.
Great progression opportunities.
Competitive rates of pay.
Pros
Great support from management
Outstanding
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham3 August 2018
I have worked for Avery Healthcare for over a year as a Home Manager.
Having worked in this industry for many years and worked for a number of large organisations but none come close to Avery.

I have the autonomy to run my home and manage my staff in a way that my Residents wish. On occasions where I have asked for help or support this has always been forthcoming without judgement.

Training and development is excellent. I have been given opportunities to learn new skills and to take part in review and focus groups.

I can honestly say working for Avery is a job for life!
Never Again
Part time kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire20 September 2018
From the moment my shift started at 8am I felt under pressure. Over 2 floors and before 9am fresh bottles of water, clean beakers and glasses have to be given out to residents. You fill the bottles up and get the trolleys ready. Collect the dirty ones from the top floor first. Around 30 items of each. Go back to the kitchen, wash, sanitise and refill the said items because you need these for the ground floor. Collect the dirty items and go through the cleaning process again. Then start washing, by hand, the dirty pots and pans and await the breakfast dishes. By 10.30 you need to have made up 2 tea trolleys. I was often asked to help serve dinner as carers were in short supply. This is how the rest of my day flows. I was always late leaving work. I felt very under appreciated working in this kitchen but, felt very valued by the residents. They really were an absolute joy to serve.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire7 August 2018
I have worked for Avery for almost 9 years now and couldn't think of working for another healthcare provider. Good care is a priority and the resident experience comes first and foremost. As with all Healthcare it is challenging at times but rewarding for the most part, which gives me good job satisfaction.
Pros
Forward thinking
Very bad place to work.
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derby17 October 2018
Management do not listen to staff.
Very inconsiderate of staffs illnesses and anxieties.
Poor pay for amount of work that's expected from staff.
Understaffed...rushed to complete care tasks and fill in logs and reports.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
poor management
excellent place to work
custmer service manager (Current Employee) –  stafford13 November 2018
Wonderful job, excellent place to work, wonderful management, best little job I have ever had, lovely residents, beautiful building, love it very much. I am very lucky.
Pros
nice working enviroment, caring work collegues
nice place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire13 November 2018
this is my first care job , I really enjoy my job here at Crispin Court and the people that work here its a nice atmosphere to work in and feel very welcome by all of the departments of the Crispin team
Pros
good hours of work, good pay
Great place for diversity
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton4 August 2018
Engaging and good management. Easy to progress. Very familiar working environment where employees looked after each other. Helpful and embracing foreign language speakers
Pros
Free lunch. Diversity
Cons
Early start and remote location that forced taxi paying every day.
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire5 November 2018
Don’t ever work for this company unless you wanted to get treated like a number. Doesn’t matter how long or hard you’ve worked for the company. Avery is just all for show!!!
Management constantly changing and huge staff turn over.
Miserable!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 May 2018
Absolutely lovely meeting and caring for Residents and getting to know families. But that’s about it. Management do not care about the employees in the slightest and you try and get extra help from head office.. that’s a joke!!
You will never be appreciated for what you do in the slightest or picking up extra shifts.
Also it seems managers really don’t care about the residents. It’s all about making the home look like a hotel.

Avoid.
Pros
The lovely Residents
Cons
Everything else
Fun, lovely happy enviroment
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey1 June 2018
Silvermere is an amazing care home for the elderly. Silvermere value there staff and the senior managment are very supportive and caring towards staff and residents.
They ensure the care home is a safe and happy enviorment.
Silvermere is a very exciting place to work with many events happening on a daily basis.
Pros
Senior managment are very supportive
Terrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands26 May 2018
I worked at Avery for a few months. I found the work very hard going, and backbreaking. Management don’t care about that staff as long you’re coming to work and do your job. They give you six months probation period, and if you’re not good enough they will get rid of you. Please avoid this company they are not looking out for you ,they are looking for profit
Pros
Free lunch
Absolutely terrible
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herne Bay, Kent31 October 2018
Worst place to work for got rid of me because I mentioned I was shy about knocking on apartments doors but still did it. Horrible staff that talk to you so bad.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.