Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very bad place to work.
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derby17 October 2018
Management do not listen to staff.
Very inconsiderate of staffs illnesses and anxieties.
Poor pay for amount of work that's expected from staff.
Understaffed...rushed to complete care tasks and fill in logs and reports.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
poor management
Never Again
Part time kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire20 September 2018
From the moment my shift started at 8am I felt under pressure. Over 2 floors and before 9am fresh bottles of water, clean beakers and glasses have to be given out to residents. You fill the bottles up and get the trolleys ready. Collect the dirty ones from the top floor first. Around 30 items of each. Go back to the kitchen, wash, sanitise and refill the said items because you need these for the ground floor. Collect the dirty items and go through the cleaning process again. Then start washing, by hand, the dirty pots and pans and await the breakfast dishes. By 10.30 you need to have made up 2 tea trolleys. I was often asked to help serve dinner as carers were in short supply. This is how the rest of my day flows. I was always late leaving work. I felt very under appreciated working in this kitchen but, felt very valued by the residents. They really were an absolute joy to serve.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Excellent company to work for!
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire31 August 2018
I started as an agency worker and then became a permanent senior. I have worked in many homes and this is by far the best in Wiltshire. Residents are well looked after, staff are well looked after, management are excellent and very supportive!
There are great career development opportunities in place and the settings we work in are beautiful. Have many compliments daily from healthcare professionals and relatives visiting the home!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire7 August 2018
I have worked for Avery for almost 9 years now and couldn't think of working for another healthcare provider. Good care is a priority and the resident experience comes first and foremost. As with all Healthcare it is challenging at times but rewarding for the most part, which gives me good job satisfaction.
Pros
Forward thinking
Great place for diversity
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton4 August 2018
Engaging and good management. Easy to progress. Very familiar working environment where employees looked after each other. Helpful and embracing foreign language speakers
Pros
Free lunch. Diversity
Cons
Early start and remote location that forced taxi paying every day.
Awful company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire3 August 2018
Bad place to work for staff are underpaid and over worked the management dont care about the staff.. got bullied then they sack you on unfair dismissal.. hours are tooo long always have short staff..
Pros
Cons
All above
Outstanding
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham3 August 2018
I have worked for Avery Healthcare for over a year as a Home Manager.
Having worked in this industry for many years and worked for a number of large organisations but none come close to Avery.

I have the autonomy to run my home and manage my staff in a way that my Residents wish. On occasions where I have asked for help or support this has always been forthcoming without judgement.

Training and development is excellent. I have been given opportunities to learn new skills and to take part in review and focus groups.

I can honestly say working for Avery is a job for life!
Busy but friendly
Administration (Former Employee) –  Staffordhsire26 July 2018
Busy place, always something to do, but friendly co-workers. A true team from management to cleaners. Everyone works for the best outcomes for the individuals that are supported.
Disappointing Management
Carer (Current Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey16 June 2018
Looked upon as a hotel not a care home.
You have to look under the facade to see what the place is really like.
The Management don't appreciate the staff they have hence why the turnover is high. If it wasn't for them a lot of people would still be there.
Pros
Salary
Fun, lovely happy enviroment
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey1 June 2018
Silvermere is an amazing care home for the elderly. Silvermere value there staff and the senior managment are very supportive and caring towards staff and residents.
They ensure the care home is a safe and happy enviorment.
Silvermere is a very exciting place to work with many events happening on a daily basis.
Pros
Senior managment are very supportive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey1 June 2018
I have been working there for over 3 years and I enjoyed every minute of my time at Silvermere. Colleagues are helpful and we always worked as a team. You will get very fond of Residents there as they are great. Unfortunately due to relocation I had to leave.
Pros
good rate of pay
Terrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands26 May 2018
I worked at Avery for a few months. I found the work very hard going, and backbreaking. Management don’t care about that staff as long you’re coming to work and do your job. They give you six months probation period, and if you’re not good enough they will get rid of you. Please avoid this company they are not looking out for you ,they are looking for profit
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great place to work, Great team
Staff (Current Employee) –  Midlands21 May 2018
Very well managed, excellent care team, the home is going from strength to strength and it's a pleasure to come to work in such a beautiful home, good on CQC, what more can I say.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Productive, professional, friendly and fun company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire16 May 2018
I have worked at an Avery Home since January, as a career it is proving to be very fruitful and it shows; even in the short span of time I have spent here. Avery have proved to me that if you put in hard work and work effectively in a team, you will be rewarded for it.

Working in a care home, especially that of a premier standard home such as the one I work in, is incredibly rewarding, the care doesn't stop with the carers, all members of the staff here at Avery have a friendly relationship with the residents which helps make a happy, friendly and pleasant environment.

I commend the efforts of management to support the staff and help them progress in a career. I can already see that anyone who comes to work hard and put their all into their work will be rewarded and supported fully in where they want to go within the company.

From the offset, every employee is thoroughly trained so everybody knows how to do their job effectively. I can't fault Avery and their ways of working.

Avery is an excellent company to work for that runs like a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Career Progression, Supportive Management, Excellent working environment.
Miserable!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 May 2018
Absolutely lovely meeting and caring for Residents and getting to know families. But that’s about it. Management do not care about the employees in the slightest and you try and get extra help from head office.. that’s a joke!!
You will never be appreciated for what you do in the slightest or picking up extra shifts.
Also it seems managers really don’t care about the residents. It’s all about making the home look like a hotel.

Avoid.
Pros
The lovely Residents
Cons
Everything else
friendly
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford9 May 2018
Avery is a friendly place to work. Residents are happy and take part in regular activity's.its nice to talk and get to know the residents and their history.
Homely and caring
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Albion Court7 May 2018
Family orientated home with a caring staff team. I have worked here since last September and feel very supported as a carer. It is very busy but staff are happy and we all get on with our work together.
The worst place ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey4 May 2018
Rude , unskilled , unwelcoming staff , bad place to work , management do not value staff ,they do treat staff like slaves .
If you want to destroy your life and meet the worst possible , then join Silvermere Cobham .
By the way , the traffic is absolute nightmare , so that's another reason to join :)
Pros
Hard to find any . STAY AWAY FROM THIS MISERY
Cons
The worst staff ever, unskilled, rude, arrogant, angry
Disgusting
Activity co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 April 2018
Terrible place to work. Any positive feedback must have been written by management who are ignorant, unprofessional and very clicky. I complained to Avery about concerns regarding neglect of residents but basically got fobbed off. Residents are left with soaked pads and ignored when they need support, many concerning issues which involve neglect.. Very short staffed and extremely high turn over of staff which says it all really. Avery harp on about residents dignity being maintained yet they do little to implement a good standard of living for residents. I would never put one of my parents in this place!!!! Stay clear folks because you're just a number!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good place if able to work long hours
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire2 March 2018
Caring for the elderly residents was very rewarding as you became very attached to them and wanted the best for them. Training was provided but the shift pattern did not suit my family life as it was 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Subsidised meal
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.