Auto Trader UK Employee Reviews

Account Manager - Manchester
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 May 2018
I have worked at Auto Trader for a couple of years as an Account Manager in the Manchester office and I love it.

I have never worked for a business like AutoTrader, it’s amazing and full of truly inspiring people. There’s an excellent working environment and our offices are exciting, innovative and driven to deliver creative thinking, it’s a pleasure to go to work!

If you want to build great relationships and drive a positive change for our customers representing an amazing business then AutoTrader is the company for you
Pros
The people you work with, autonomy, offices, training, access to data, fast paced, great benefits
Cons
Sometimes there is too much to do
Great Benefits
Cash & Payables Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 September 2017
Great company with amazing employee benefits. Amazing culture and working environment to work in.
No day is the same!
The company really does promote diversity
Benefits
Cons
No consistency
Great company, great culture
Senior Product Manager / Owner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG6 October 2015
Cannot praise AutoTrader enough. A great company to work for and a brilliant culture. Lots of opportunity to shine and grow.
Official response from Auto Trader UK
23 November 2015

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about working with us.
We are glad you feel this is a place that gives you the chance to shine and grow.
The Auto Trader People Team

Leading edge, adaptable business with some great leaders & employees
Account Director/Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 November 2014
Auto Trader is a truly inspirational company to work for. The transition from print to digital was second to none and it has grown to become a beacon brand within the UK with no other competitor able to touch it. The leaders at ATD have varied over the years but have all had one common goal - to make the business succeed!
Pros
Versatile, adaptable, well organised, clear vision, good communication
Cons
Long hours, some 'face fits' management
Fantastic place to work for shame I was made redundant
Regional Development area manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 May 2017
Managed and developed teams. Controlled all targets set. Both in field and telesales. Monitoring all targets set , holidays, sickness for all staff. Training given on a one to one basis in each areas. Conducted regular one to ones with staff to develop performance and offer more training if needed. Always hit performances targets set.
Pros
Company car
Cons
An amazing company to work for
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Salford, Manchester23 May 2013
I have been with the Auto Trader Group for nearly 6 years and during this time i was part of some amazing achievements. At the start of the job i was working solely on published products selling advertising like 1/4 pages, 1/2 pages & full pages. As time passed, and the circulation dropped and the online audience increased we were given different priorities to concentrate on which were transitioning regular customer spend from print onto digital. So a customer with a 1/2 page advert with 12 trucks, we gave them a 10 stock digital package on the website. Not only does this secure the revenue (as they are tied into a 13 week contract, with a 4 week cancellation notice after), it also optimizes our fantastic website with better quality adverts meaning the customer gets more response. We have now introduced a new system called OLA which is the in-between of print and digital, so for someone who has got 1 truck to sell, they wouldn't want a digital package, but they would want the website so OLA allows us to book the truck/machine onto the website. This is my daily task now, dealing with regular and canvassing new customers to either book adverts through OLA or get them signed up onto digital. I have been on various training courses regarding sales, objection handling, closing etc. The management at Trader Media Group are fantastic, they give us realistic targets, give us our space to crack on with the work, update us all the time where we are to our targets, provide lots of incentives (time off, vouchers, days out etc) and provide us with canvassing lists and relevant training.  more... My co-workers are great people to work with too, always willing to help as i am and ready to cover when your on holiday and vice-versa. I literally enjoy everything my current job has to offer, the customers are great to deal with, the new business customers are great to canvass, the team and management are great to work with and finally the money is very good too! The hardest part of the job is going to be leaving it! Due to the print division being closed, over 150 positions are to be made redundant including mine. They have offered me a job on the digital team but i feel the time is right now to see what over challenges are available and to see what is out there.   less
Pros
Great Commission, Amazing people to work with, Excellent products to sell
Cons
Uncertainty regarding job security as the company is ever changing
Lively Customer Services driven whilst being innovative at always looking to improve.
Service Partner Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG29 December 2015
General daily activities include managing team morale, keeping them motivated during high demanding periods of time. Organise any additional training or special needs with product information.

Reporting stats managing the work queue and keeping the work level within the agreed SLA's.

The hardest part of the job is having to rely upon other internal departments whose SLA's do not coincide with yours which means sometimes deadlines have been lost through no fault of our own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the camaraderie with the individuals within the team. Each one of them will go that extra mile in an effort to deliver results. Team spirit is in abundance and they work together to clear the work queues on a daily basis.
Pros
The team
Cons
Manchester - Travelling time - work life balance
Good working environment
Contract Executive (Former Employee) –  Newton Le Willows26 September 2015
Great forward thinking place to work, though the customer service department could have been managed a lot better. Lots of room to progress though and great atmosphere most of the time
Fun, Fast and Fabulous
hr (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 November 2015
I have been with Auto Trader for over a year and have loved every minute of it.

It is a completely unique business that gives all members off staff a voice and the confidence to make positive change. Not all ideas work but you have fun along the way!

The thing that makes it fabulous is the people. Everyone wants to help you be the best you can be, they also supply you with a never ending supply of biscuits.
Pros
Amazing working environment, great colleagues that are passionate and live and breathe the company values
Cons
Can be a little fast paced but that makes it exciting!
I love working for Auto Trader
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 July 2015
It has been a year since i started working for Auto Trader and i am still loving every day of it.
Before i started working here i did not even know about what the business does as i was never into cars. I was so pleasantly surprised not only by the amazing offices but every single person i got to work with.
People here are inspirational, they all care so much about the company but also for each other.
It is fast paced and challenging but you always have someone to support you and together you can achieve great results.
Pros
Offices, Central Manchester location, People
Cons
Fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Trader UK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7