Autism Plus Employee Reviews

Great organisation doing fantastic work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thorne, South Yorkshire11 March 2019
Excellent training, and helpful colleagues.

The people that Autism Plus support are integral to everything the organisation do, and quite rightly, because they deserve it
Pros
Flexible working, caring organisation
Cons
Not an easy job, but it is rewarding and full training is provided
Worst ever
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull10 March 2019
This company is the worst ever, seniors are not trained to any kind of nvq level, they're taking on more complex needs and some of the staff are inexperienced. Low pay and really long hours. No support from seniors and manager, undervalued not supprisingly staff don't stay.
Cons
Great charity to work for
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire8 March 2019
I have really enjoyed my time with Autism Plus so far. The team are welcoming, friendly and supportive.

Many of the employees have worked for the charity for a number of years yet are still highly passionate about what they do and the service provided to the individuals we support. This is both at head office and within our operational care roles.

The company is very open to change and is currently going through a period of expansion which makes it varied and interesting.

I seriously love coming to work!
Pros
Flexible working, autonomy, grown up culture, passionate team, great working environment
Cons
None I know of so far
Rewarding but under appreciated
Social care support worker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster17 February 2019
It is really rewarding to help the individuals with being more independent and supporting them in their lives. However it would be nice to have more benefits for employees to ensure staff stay here.
Pros
really good hours
Cons
poor wage
Worst company
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Humberside29 January 2019
Never worked anywhere as unprofesional. Bad senior managers. Don't beleive these reviews - staff are made to put good ones on to cover how bad the company really is. Scary place to work, injured all the time. Never really told what job involved at interview for theservice users there. Stuff covered up all the time by managers. Management useless and only want money in. Not intrested in staff and wages lowest I know. Avoidn this place, really glad I left.
Pros
Cons
Management and wages
Official response from Autism Plus
13 February 2019

Hi,
We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. If this is something you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department on 0114 3840340.
Thank you for taking the time to review Autism Plus.
– Elaine (HR)

Great atmosphere!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thorne, South Yorkshire21 January 2019
I started working for the Marketing Team at Autism Plus on 14/01/2019 and I've felt thoroughly welcomed by all members of staff. I feel I've been given above adequate training for my role and the company wants to invest in me.

While my salary is lower due to being in the charitable sector, I've been made aware of the advancements within the company and the extra training I could take part in.

Lovely people, and a great company with great morals.
Pros
The atmosphere, people, and working culture
Review
Admin (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 January 2019
I like working for the company, I find the management is quite good. I have the support if I need it and can generally talk to the management but that depends on the manager.
Pros
money, good team
Cons
treck to work
Avoid.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thorne, South Yorkshire22 November 2018
Awful management, low wages for what you have to put up with, poor communication from management/leaders. Frequently do far too many hours due to no staffing.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low wage, poor communication, bad management
Poorly Run, No work/ life balance
Social Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire5 September 2018
Autism plus pays a poor wage, does not pay the NMW for all time spent at work. Poor pay for sleep in shifts. £3.50 an hour. Unreasonably long shifts, 26 hours at a time only paid NMW for 18 hours. Poor communication between higher ups and support staff, staff generally left to it. Staff are put in dangerous situations. Service user's are generally the last priority. All about profit before people. CEO never shows his face unless its for a good PR opportunity. The lovely service users are the reason I stayed in the job
Pros
Service users
Cons
long hours, poor pay, poor communication
Poorly Managed
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Easingwold, North Yorkshire20 July 2018
Love the job, however information and training was lacking in not non existant for me. Rotas not done til last minute and changed at last minute. When first started I was thrown in at the deep end and I never received a contract or employee handbook. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Jobs good working with service users
Cons
Management and lack of info / training.
work place
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster12 July 2018
Autism plus is a good company to work for. Never had any problems with service users or employees. If there were any problems they would always get sorted out.
Pros
good service users
Awful
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire8 July 2018
Awful company to work for no work life balance at all even pester you when you’re on annual leave to come in and work and leave you stewing about things, speak to you like you’re nothing and no support at all.
Pros
Cons
No support, no work life balance, not understanding
Care more about profits than service users
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire3 June 2018
Low wage for what you are expected to deal with and although the company may look person-centred on the surface, all the management care about is profits. Poor service for what the service users pay, due to lack of equipment and provisions. Some of the management hardly know anything about autism. However, lovely staff team and service users.
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 February 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked in terms of support from higher management.
Level of care stops at Team leader, at the way other departments act towards its clients is apaulling
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else
Great service that is able to support clients with autism and assist them to be as independant as possible
Social Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire12 January 2018
Excellent job to be in if you want plenty of overtime or you don't have any experience in a Social care support worker role.

However if your not prepared to sleep at the workplace for 16 hours for more than 3 days in one week, don't apply for the job. But if your a person that is reliable, has time management skills and has a bubbly personality. APPLY NOW :)
Pros
Great staff teams/service users
Cons
low wage
Some great things, some not so great. The care industry in a nutshell..
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Thorne28 September 2017
Profits over people. Probably representative of the care/support industry in general, 'shop floor' staff not respected enough by senior management, who generally do not have a clue about service users or staff.
Autism plus
Social Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield25 August 2017
good work ethos but they dont abide by it fully they say its all about the service users where as i noticed it was some about the service users friendly staff and team leaders never met the CEO personally although i did see him on afew occations he did interact with staff who was supporting the service users there is very little to no communitcation between staff members and team leaders overall not a great company to work for they offer no help to staff members
Pros
working with the service users
Cons
no help long hours no travel time pay
Extremely rewarding
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull9 August 2017
I absolutely love my job supporting an individual with autism in their own home. The staff team are great, the management are supportive. This is the least stressful job I have had.
Pros
Job satisfaction, good work/home balance
Nice place to work
Goods Sorter (Former Employee) –  Easingwold, North Yorkshire12 June 2017
A good place to work with friendly people. Undertook a mixture of roles The main one was sorting goods from charity bins before the goods were sent to the shops. Also did cleaning and helped individuals with Autism.
Made redundant because the Company closed the shops.
Health chanpion
Health champion (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 May 2017
I worked for 50 hours to help the community become healthy and I helped do lots of art and crafts for our events such as coffee mornings with cake. I enjoyed doing this job as I was allowed to use my art skills learned at college for two hours out of the 50 hours of the job role
Pros
Healthy community
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Plus. Our community is ready to answer.