Autism Plus

Autism Plus Employee Reviews

Good overall company to work with good staff ,some managers were great and otheres weren't. Great course work to learn ,hours were ok unfortunately it was the money that wasn't enough for the job role you did
Pros
good team to work with.
Cons
management
8 September 2020
Thanks for your review!! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! :)
Its true the area has had its challenges in the past however following the recent (much needed) changes in local and senior management there has been a great deal of improvement. There's now more of an open and transparent culture and a great deal of effort has gone in to making the necessary changes which has made this organisation a really nice place to work, and something to be proud of. I now enjoy going to work. I would urge those who may be put off from reading the bad reviews to give the organisation a chance and make your own mind up. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We support some wonderful individuals, and with the support of the CEO, senior management and all the back office teams (HR, training dept etc) you can make such a difference to their lives 🙂
Pros
Supportive management, Lots of opportunities for career progression (if that's what you want), Making a difference to the lives of the people you support
Cons
None, definitely turned a corner and on the right track
9 December 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your role with us, and feel the changes that have been made are positive! :)
Treated staff badly, stay clear of company. Use staff, offer false promises. Give staff reasons not to stay, treat their staff like servicer users. Draining with long hours.
Pros
Cons
some clients, managment, long hours, mentally damaging.
8 September 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review Autism Plus. You raised some issues and concerns in your review, if you haven't already done so, please get in touch with us soon so we can look into this further. You can contact a senior member of our management team at www.autismplus.co.uk/let-us-know.
The manager delegates all the paperwork to the support workers so she can put together a care plan for each of the service users. Nothing is consistent and there is very little support for the staff. The rotas, timesheets and scheduled work expectations are not are inconsistent and there is no support available to direct new staff members in their role this is left to existing staff to explain.
Pros
It’s a job.
Cons
Not enough hours.
8 September 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review Autism Plus. You raised some issues in your review, that we would like to look into further. Please can you contact a senior member of our management team at www.autismplus.co.uk/let-us-know.
i think the best thing about working at A+ is that you are working with people who really care about the people we look after and their colleagues. since starting i've been supported by all the staff and managers around me, and there has always been someone there to ask questions and guide me. it can be stressful at times but that is part and parcel of working with complex individuals, the good days definitely outweigh the harder days.
Pros
caring staff, rewarding job
Cons
low wage (same throughout care though)
8 September 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so pleased to hear the positive things you have to say about your colleagues! :)
Got bullied out of my job by the other staff and the team leader as they didn’t want me working there because I didn’t want to work 3 weekends every month they manipulate the service user so they say they don’t want you there , other staff asking team leader to move me to another unit last year they finally got me out this year they run the unit not even had a staff meeting the whole time there
28 July 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review Autism Plus. You raised some issues and concerns in your review, if you haven't already done so, please get in touch with us so we can look into this further. You can contact a senior member of our management team at www.autismplus.co.uk/let-us-know.
I worked in the Hull office, and it was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. I would still be there if it wasn’t for personal life problems. Team leaders do not run away. Management work incredibly hard, it is stressful, high intensity work and needs the right type of person to be able to do it right... when this happens, it is so rewarding and some of the progress the service users have made is incredible They pay fairly and appreciate hard work. Would love to return one day.
4 May 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed working with us! :)
I worked here for a little over a year and I would definitely NOT suggest working here.. The management and office staff aren't very nice at all and they will do anything and say anything to protect their own skin whether they are in the wrong or not. I'm glad to have left now!
6 March 2020
Poor management, no communication at all. Staff back stab each other no team work avoid at all cost. Always short staffed they dont care there isnt another staff for service users.
6 March 2020
As mentioned. No support to Staff. Dealing with rude comments of menagements. No support as lack a team leader over 6 monts. Once you get one, running away after a month. That bad it is. Other team leadera able to shout at you. Favour others s. Even do t Kind sleeping On shifts. Other of any sort of problems-punished. Definately ones are above othrrs. As could notices itsostly family involved.
6 March 2020
Autism Plus management do not communicate with one another. Neither do they communicate with the support workers. Awful organisation. Experience awful.
6 March 2020
it is a great place to work. I was volunteering there for just over a year when i decided to apply for the assistant manager's job. I am really happy i got the job , as it is a fun place to work even if it can be stressful at times ,and everyone i work with is so lovely,
6 March 2020
Hi! We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Autism Plus! Thanks for leaving us a review :)
Lots of training and experience given development if you want it Developing new opportunities all the time Service growing into more mental health left Core service still in place for Autism
Used to enjoy work that I did but when I was unable to meet a commitment for a number of reasons including lack of support and guidance I was ostracised and forgotten and my suspicion is my name is being traduced by one individual at Aplus to this day. No reference was given after I was cast out and outstanding pay not received for many months. Treated pretty poorly after that occasion.
I started my career within Autism Plus back in 2006 in an administrative role and have been supported to develop and improve myself in whichever role I have undertaken over the years for the Charity, and for that I am thankful. I have received excellent training and development and have worked in a number of different departments over the years. Therefore this has given me a wealth of experience, skills and knowledge to contribute towards the outstanding service offered to the people we support at the heart of our Charity. That said, I have had to overcome barriers myself along the way and the managers within the Charity have helped me through so much, including ongoing mental health issues. It really is a supportive and rewarding place to work. Lastly, over the years I have been allowed a great level of autonomy as well as working collaboratively to contribute to projects to build upon what we already offer within the charity, hence I can confidently state that my opinions matter!
I like working for the company, I find the management is quite good. I have the support if I need it and can generally talk to the management but that depends on the manager.
Pros
money, good team
Cons
treck to work
What you give to the role, you receive in abundance, therefore I feel really valued. I have been supported to develop throughout my time with the organisation. I know that my effort within my role really does help to improve the quality of life for the people we support within our service! The managers are great and have supported me with my own mental health issues to continue in my role.!!!
Pros
Training and development is second to none!
Cons
Communication is not great but there is now improvements being made to this.
Over all good. Got better after new mangement took over but needs to be better our unit isnt support and the support to staff isnt great but got better after our 3rd team leader . But heared its better in other units. So just got unlucky i guess. I would recommend to friend/family who are confandent in there roll due to lack of support the mangement do try
Pros
Great waking staff team
Cons
Work alot with adgancey
I have worked at Autism Plus for over 4 years, there are some communication problems as there are with any organisation but the staff team are very supportive, I feel like I had a good induction and knew what to expect. Yeah it's not that great pay, and some days can be really challenging but i enjoy coming to work and it actually feels good to be a part of a growing organisation.
Use less company, puts your complex individuals with no training and support, when assaulted or incidents occur, management turn a blind eye and or berate you putting blame on you, even when management are mainly to blame (lack of protocols regarding challenging behaviour, post support for such incidents, illness/personal)
19 September 2019
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are concerned to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on our training, management, policies and procedures. We would love to find out more to allow us to fully review all of the points made above, if you would like to discuss this further, please email tracey.hadfield@autismplus.co.uk.
The team I had was amazing but the problems were higher up! Management was changed so often no one knew what they were doing and communication was non existent. Even when we had management there was numerous problems with communication, pay, annual leave and contracted hours. This was an ongoing issue that didn't seem To be resolved. Communication between support workers and anyone in a higher position or other departments was lacking even when a problem arose they wouldn't always get back to you.
18 July 2019
Hi,We're sorry to hear you feel this way. If this is something you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact the HR Department on 0114 3840340.Thank you for taking the time to review Autism Plus.- Elaine (HR)
  1. Employee reviews