Austen Lloyd Legal Recruitment Employee Reviews

Friendly and Supportive Team
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 December 2018
I worked in a recruitment agency previously and was put off by how cut-throat and unsupportive the team were. The management was only concerned with targets and treated their staff as if they were just replaceable numbers.

Austen Lloyd was a welcome change, and I felt a valued part of the team immediately. The environment is much more relaxed, with team members and management happy to help every step of the way and ensure I'm feeling comfortable and happy. It's great to feel motivated to work hard rather than micro-managed!

This place really is a world apart from your typical dog-eat-dog recruitment. I even have a work-life balance now which was impossible at my old agency who expected staff to stay crazy hours.

Overall, they're a fantastic team and its great working in an office that values each and every member of staff.
As a consultant, I really feel valued here.
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 November 2018
As a consultant, I really feel valued. I am treated as an adult and I have been encouraged to build my desk methodically and steadily.
The Managing director works as a member of the team and treats the consultants with respect. This is the big difference I have found here. She is an inspirational leader and always has the
door open, so the team feel they can go to her for advice whenever they need to.
They Clients are very high profile law firms and there are a huge number of Candidates registered, making recruiting so much easier. They are very hot here on the latest technology and the admin support is a blessing.
Great staff retention and many of the original staff still work for the firm. It is a corporate firm, with super family roots making it a perfect balance.
The Commission is very attractive and we have the ability to earn a six figure salary, which is hard to beat ! The holidays are competitive plus birthdays off plus discretionary days at Christmas, plus additional days with service.
All in all, a well organised, positive and cohesive team I am really enjoying being part of.
Pros
Good team-builds / Summer / Halloween / Xmas parties and regular bacon sandwiches
Friendly and supportive team! Great place to work.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 November 2018
Legal recruitment is a busy and fast paced environment with its challenges. It is an interesting and rewarding industry.

Here at Austen Lloyd the people really make it.
They are a friendly, supportive team full of driven, focused and hard working individuals who are all rooting for one another to succeed.

In terms of management they are a collective group who can all offer there own different strengths in times of need. They also benefit from extensive hands on experience.

We have a great admin team here who have tons of experience between them and offer lots of assistance. They always brighten up the day.

As a PA I work closely with the MD and rest of the team she is extremely dedicated with exciting plans for the future. Everyday is different and I enjoy this role as I get to deal with a full range of work. Yet still dealing with all aspects of recruitment and getting to work with a range of clients and candidates.
Pros
Fantastic team, good earning potentional, lovely team outings particularly looking forward to our christmas party this year.
I have been there for five years and its a fascinating place to work.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 November 2018
I have found the team at Austen Lloyd to be so supportive. The recruitment industry is highly competitive and it makes such a difference to have the team behind you. Everyone is very supportive and encouraging and that makes such a difference.
I am very much looking forward to the next five years, to be part of the firm's growth.
Pros
Team ethos and encouragement from colleagues
Cons
The week is not long enough
Excellent Place to Work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 October 2018
Great team working ethos at Austen Lloyd that is lovely to be a part of. They show they care about their clients and candidates; they truly want the best for all involved in the recruitment process. It is clear that this is the attitude that has made Austen Lloyd the bespoke legal recruiters across the country. Evidenced by candidates giving referrals to friends and former colleagues and top clients repeatedly coming back for our services

The management is part of the team, working alongside not above employees making each employee feel equally respected, with their door always being open for support.

The supportive team have aided my training in every aspect; helped as I was learning and pushed me to reach my full potential. With uncapped commission you can really see the rewards of the work you put in, it makes the job all that more motivating.
Pros
Supportive training, excellent management, work life balance, uncapped commission
Such a great firm to work for!!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 September 2018
Austen Lloyd has a great work ethic, a very friendly, supportive environment and is all round a super company to work for.
From day one you feel like part of the team and the excellent training provided puts you in good stead to have a very progressive, successful future here.
They recognise hard work for which you are rewarded and the team come together to help and support one another, unlike other recruitment agencies out there.
What you put in is really what you get out with huge earning potential. There are fantastic live ‘hot desks’ due to the very well established reputation that Austen Lloyd has built and maintained over the years with it’s astounding level of expert knowledge.
Great place to work!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol16 August 2018
There is a great ethos at Austen Lloyd, and you truly feel like one of the family. Unlike some other recruitment companies, there is a supportive team environment, with everyone working together which is very refreshing.

You truly get out what you put in here, and every consultant develops their own "empire". Hard work is recognised and rewarded, and consultants are progressed within the team quickly.

The company truly care about their candidates and clients, and strive to achieve the best results for them, getting lots of repeat business and referrals.

The earning potential is huge, there is no cap on commission, and with a generous commission structure the sky is the limit.

Overall a dedicated and professional specialist agency, with a fantastic reputation in the legal recruitment sector.
Pros
Great commission, lovely team and environment, good work life balance
Excellent Company to work for!
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 August 2018
Austen Lloyd are such a friendly supportive team who will help you achieve your fullest potential. Great work culture more like a family than a group of work colleagues.

Excellent career progression and commission structure so huge earning potential.

Not like other recruitment agencies, everyone works as a team to help each other reach their own successes.

Management team are highly experienced with expert knowledge so garanteed to have the best training.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking to progress in a careee within the recruitment! Industry.
Best firm to work for
Recruitment consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 August 2018
The role..
Consultants deal with 360 recruitment with great admin support
Excellent candidate and legal 500 client contacts
Matching candidates to the perfect role
Booking interviews
Advertising
Negotiating offers
Create your own destiny

Company environment ....,
Good leadership always keen to encourage staff development
MD leading fee earner plus doors always open
Achievable Progression
Cohesive team atmosphere
Buzzing, successful, professional recruitment team .
Great location
No blame culture
Good staff retention
Good work life balance

Sensational Uncapped Commission. Ability to earn six figure salary

Hardest part: letting candidates know they have not been successful

Most Enjoyable: making candidates dreams come true!
Pros
Great culture, super ongoing training, promotional prospects and phenomenal commission:

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austen Lloyd Legal Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

Austen Lloyd Legal Recruitment Reviews by Location