Audley Employee Reviews

A company that has incredible work ethics
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire14 February 2019
I have been with Audley for 2 years and had a great experience. I have learnt so much and been given so many opportunities, I started the company as a carer with Audley, they have supported me in furthering my Career path .
My manager and team have supported me with loosing relatives and having difficulties at home. They have been more than just team mates they have been my work family.
Like in all care businesses' their are bad days but with chocolate and the support of my team we get through together.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rates of pay, great staff benefits
Cons
no company car
All that glitters is not gold
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chalfont Saint Peter, Buckinghamshire9 December 2018
As a former Night Carer at Audley I can honestly say with my hand on my heart it was the worst company I’ve ever worked for, the management was unsupportive & confidentially was non existence, they would run the Carers ragged & your extremely lucky to even get a break on a 12 hour shift! If you had a problem the management didn’t want to know. The owners (inmates) were rude & ill mannered towards Carers & treat you like their own personal slaves. This would be the last company I’d ever recommend to work for, all they care about is making money 💰 & couldn’t give a hoot about thier staff, I’d rather get a paper round than to work for this company again!
Pros
Going home!
Cons
Going back!
Deceiving
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells24 November 2018
I went in to the position as a senior carer and absolutely no one knew what I was meant to be doing. I didn't have the training, guidance or a mentor, the branch manager and area manager did not know what my role was either. I kept pushing for support, I worked really hard and really wanted to progress and learn. I ended up doing care calls 99% of my time and in the interview I was told 50/50. I left 6 months later, still doing calls and nothing had changed. No one still knew what my job role was!! Carers wear pink tunics, seniors blue, I may as well have worn a pink one!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very poor structure and support
If they were on fire NO I WOULDN'T!
Current Audley carer (Current Employee) –  Kintbury, Berkshire8 November 2018
Having worked in care for years , the only letter missing between the Y and C is a big fat S. AUDLEY Care is a shambles and a con to families and buyers thinking they are getting excellent care is a con. No thanks for hardworking carers and bullying.
Pros
Free coffee, nice facilities, good benifits. Uniform very nice colour.
Cons
Expected to sell your soul to the devil and made to feel guilty if you don't.
Fanstic company to work for !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kintbury, Berkshire10 May 2018
I have been with Audley for 6 years and had a great experience .... I have learnt so much and been given so many opportunities, I started the company as a carer and Audley have support me in working my way to my Career path .

I would not have gain my knowledge and experience with out this company .

of course there are ups and downs but its the team around you that get you though the bad days.
Pros
great opportunities, good wages, excellent benifits
Cons
Beautiful surroundings and a caring team
Carer (Current Employee) –  Maidstone10 May 2018
No two days are the same in an Audley village. The care team work hard to enhance the lives of owners and customers.
The staff are all friendly and work hard to keep the service running smoothly
Pros
Brilliant staff perks
Cons
Hours can be challenging at times
Not all as it seems!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kintbury4 March 2018
Higher management full of great ideas and no action. Wages wrong and difficult to check, long working hours with no recognition and quick to point the finger if something goes wrong without speaking to you first. Image is everything at Audley, shame they can't keep their good staff
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication, management
Not what they say it is!!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone30 January 2018
No logic to rotas, told it was shift pay but not happening so taken on under false pretences!!!
Office do not communicate or take notice of concerns, they do not support you like they make out, they only nice if you keep doing extra, the minute you stop you are ignored! 4 months out of 7 wages wrong and actually not easy to check it’s quite annoying!!!
Bad place to work
Gradener (Former Employee) –  Kintbury, Berkshire30 December 2017
All the reviews seem to be for the carer side, and none for outside grounds and gardening. And none seem to be for Kintbury in Hungerford. I previously worked here in 2014, and it was dreadful. I have never worked in such a dark and unfulfilling place. If you could get around the backstabbing or the strange false gossip made up about you and everyone, then you had to deal with the untruthful and unsupportive management. The pay has gone up which is good, mine was around 4000 or so less a year.
All I can say is 'Don't work here it's not worth it'.
Pros
You left at the end of the day
Cons
You had to return in the morning
A really good company to work for
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darley Dale, Derbyshire26 September 2017
I came to Audley from a job I had grown to hate. Audley are a fantastic company who look after their staff and clients really well.
The rate of pay and milage allowance is excellent, I have work in homecare before where the rates of pay were terrible.
The management are really good and really do care about staff and clients, not like some places I have worked where you are just a number!
Audley are really good are helping you to progress in your career.
Pros
Amazing people, medicash, pension, excellent rates of pay and milage allowance
Cons
Hard work but rewarding
A lovely care agency
Audley are a good company to work for, they really do look after the staff, well. The pay is really good for care, you get rewarded for your achievements, all the staff are so friendly, helpful and kind. Audley pay for all the training you need and put you through your NVQ's.
Flexible working hours.
The clients are all really nice, with varying care needs. Somedays it is challenging, but that is the nature of care. No two days are the same.
The perks are amazing.
Pros
Training paid for, good pay, Audley discounts, good working team, flexible working hours
Cons
Can be long hours, usually if a client has become ill
great place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darley Dale, Derbyshire26 September 2017
working for Audley was the career change I needed, I came to the job and instantly felt settled, I fitted in nicely with other staff and felt like a team. The support offered is brilliant and staff are always happy to help if its needed. Job satisfaction is lovely and the benefits are second to none.
I would really recommend the company and support given.
Pros
amazing benefits, great working environment and job satisfaction
Excellent management team
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent18 September 2017
I have worked in care for twenty years but since working for Audley in Tunbridge wells I wondered why I hadn't joined them earlier as from the management team down to us carers in the field are all excellent and am proud to be a member of a fantastic team.
If any problems there is always someone to talk to either on the phone or face to face in the office and always try to accommodate us when want time off and give us advice and support.
Pros
Brilliant team and excellent training programme
Cons
Do not care about employees
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matlock, Derbyshire11 September 2017
Will expect you to work 24/7 even if you have plans. They will not ask if you can stay longer or do another shift, they will just change your rota then expect you to find cover for yourself.
The pay is good but the mileage is ridiculous, I was putting over £200.00 in and only getting £80.00 back.
Office is horrible and do not care about employees, just sit in the office talkng about other members and stuffing their faces!
Worst company I have ever worked for, would never recommend to anyone.
Refused to pay the hours I worked once I left.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Lose out on money, no support from the office, bitchiness, everything is a con other than the clients
Not aloud to have life
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matlock, Derbyshire22 August 2017
No confidentiality, no trust spoken to like your something you trod, in make promises they cannot keep, poor quality of care expected you to have a tardis not a car, shame as it could be really great but kept pushing for unrealistic goals which puts all the staff under to much pressure so will never be a happy place to work would never go back.......
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Unrealistic hrs and target's
Understanding company with good values
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Matlock, Derbyshire29 September 2017
Good agency with good values and caring nature
Hard work but great benefits
Training was amazing and support given was good
Managers are helpful and will listen to you and try and find ways to help you
Pros
Caring company good money and benefits
No Work/Life balance!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matlock19 June 2017
Expected to give up you life to work 15 hours shifts 7 days a week, if you ask for a day off its just excuses to why you cannot have it off, don't have set hours in a shift can be changed from a 6 HR to 14 HR in seconds without warning or even asking you. My job title changed 3 times why I was there!
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, no communication, Job title changes everyday
Wonderful place to work
Care staff (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent3 June 2017
Returning to Audley after thinking that the grass may be greener is the best move I could have made.
The Villages are amazing, the staff work as a team across departments and the core care team are the most loyal and dedicated care staff I have ever had the privilege to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rates of pay, great staff benefits
Cons
Long hours at times
A day was never boring.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone26 August 2016
My role was to give personal care to our clients. Doing tasks such as giving personal hygiene; serving food; shopping; cleaning; moving and handling; sitting down and having a nice chat and a cup of tea with he client.

I learnt all these new skills I have mentioned and that the job is one of great satisfaction.

My co-workers were fantastic and worked to a high level of skill.

Hardest part of the job is when you are put into a very uncomfortable or challenging situation. Which is regular when dealing with vulnerable people.

Most enjoyable part was that I could walk in to someones home do my job and know when I walk out I have left them in a better condition where physically or mentally than when I walked in.
Awful place of work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkley, West Yorkshire10 September 2017
Awful management, do not want to know when any issues/ safeguarding problems are raised
Other staff very ignorant.
Constantly hiring new new staff due to poor management.
Pros
Doing a nice job to help others
Cons
Terrible company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Audley. Our community is ready to answer.