Audley Villages

Audley Villages Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
Job post didn't describe the job accurately. Involves long hours, lots of driving. Office staff can appear to be unthoughtful and dismissive at times. You can be out working 8hrs but not paid for 8hrs due to driving time not being paid. Don't, in my opinion, seem to care about the physical or mental wellbeing of their staff as just need to cover the calls. Staff who do the care work are all exceptional carers though.
Understaffed, underpayed, over worked and overlooked.
Some lovely staff members doing their best but shocking and unprofessional leadership from some of the management team.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Poor pay and ignored by Management
High turnover of staff and managers. Carers are not respected enough.
No progression whatsoever even though you are led to believe there is. Office staff and carers is an us and them attitude.
I really loved my job ice regreated my decision in leaving the company fun cares are really friendly seniors are always there to help and support in every part of the job
I've worked at Audley Care for over a year and it has had its ups and downs. It's hard word and they expect a lot from you but it does have its rewards with regards to its clients they are all amazing the staff are all hard working and work together as a team as much as they can.
My interview was amazing and I was offered the role during the first interview. My immediate line Manager was very supportive. It ended there. Upper management were best friends even on Facebook with my staff Care standards were of no consequence. Money was the main motivator regardless of whether the staff were available to do the work. Awful Management !
Approachable management team & good team work relationships
Flexi working hours

Free uniform

Rewarding & interesting

Excellent support.

Good rate of pay

Good training & skills on offer,
If it’s custom service and high standards for the owners that excites you then Audley have the passion to deliver. Presentation is important and driving income in outlets important which provides a daily challenge at GM level. Expect to deliver hotel standards and provide owner satisfaction but be prepared to commit and work at a high pace. They have service levels right and and have fine tuned their offering. Staffing levels are a little low on occasions and they do like the team to step up but that’s part of what you need to do the en
Poor induction for managers. Poor support from senior management team. Staff training in key areas totally lacking. No real structures in place. Too many systems that don't feed information into each other.
It is a company with a vision and culture, with a lot of room for progression. Everyone is so helpful and kind, good work life balance.
Good salaries and a lot of benefits.
Pros
Cons
Nothing until now
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Audley Villages?
in all the company I worked for Audley been the one that give me a good balance in my social life . also I did enjoyed my time at Audley because of the work condition and management.
Having worked for four retirement village operators Audley have the best model with the commitment to enhance their offer further . They makes mistakes like every prouder but have commitment to get the service standards right for their owners.
Only joined them on an interim contract for five months but enjoyed my time with them.

You get out what you put in.
Pros
Top end provider
Cons
Package at my level
Awful company, expect the earth for minimum wage. Colleagues there were great, unfortunately, the management not so. On the surface, it looks good, but scratch the surface ........ Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
The company on the whole
Great training, and mentoring which makes everyone feel at ease and know what they are doing.
Office staff always available for support and advice.

I love the clients, grow attachments and become part of my extended family.

Career opportunities if wanted and always offered additional training.
Pros
bright pink uniform, support and discounts with Audley
Cons
Can be long hours
I have been with Audley for 2 years and had a great experience. I have learnt so much and been given so many opportunities, I started the company as a carer with Audley, they have supported me in furthering my Career path .
My manager and team have supported me with loosing relatives and having difficulties at home. They have been more than just team mates they have been my work family.

Like in all care businesses' their are bad days but with chocolate and the support of my team we get through together.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rates of pay, great staff benefits
Cons
no company car
Working for Audley is a job i thought id love, however with new management, and team leaders being off on sick, it make it very difficult to get the care right, carers arent doing their jobs properly and when its reported nothing appears to be getting done about it.
The office staff seem to complain alot about things not being done but they also refuse to go out and look at what is wrong. if meds are wrong they expect carers to sort it which is above our pay grade.

wages and mileage are wrong constantly and they cant cant sort it there and then it is always next month and i can guarantee they will be wrong then.

The company is just taking advantage financially of the people they say care for.

They promise you the earth to get you to start but it never materalises

I wouldnt work for Audley again
Pros
Cons
everything
As a former Night Carer at Audley I can honestly say with my hand on my heart it was the worst company I’ve ever worked for, the management was unsupportive & confidentially was non existence, they would run the Carers ragged & your extremely lucky to even get a break on a 12 hour shift! If you had a problem the management didn’t want to know. The owners (inmates) were rude & ill mannered towards Carers & treat you like their own personal slaves. This would be the last company I’d ever recommend to work for, all they care about is making money 💰 & couldn’t give a hoot about thier staff, I’d rather get a paper round than to work for this company again!
Pros
Going home!
Cons
Going back!
I went in to the position as a senior carer and absolutely no one knew what I was meant to be doing. I didn't have the training, guidance or a mentor, the branch manager and area manager did not know what my role was either. I kept pushing for support, I worked really hard and really wanted to progress and learn. I ended up doing care calls 99% of my time and in the interview I was told 50/50. I left 6 months later, still doing calls and nothing had changed. No one still knew what my job role was!! Carers wear pink tunics, seniors blue, I may as well have worn a pink one!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very poor structure and support
Having worked in care for years , the only letter missing between the Y and C is a big fat S. AUDLEY Care is a shambles and a con to families and buyers thinking they are getting excellent care is a con. No thanks for hardworking carers and bullying.
Pros
Free coffee, nice facilities, good benifits. Uniform very nice colour.
Cons
Expected to sell your soul to the devil and made to feel guilty if you don't.
Putting retirement first, great company with some amazing properties and more developing. Care at the fore front of the business along with providing great service.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Work goes home with you
No two days are the same in an Audley village. The care team work hard to enhance the lives of owners and customers.
The staff are all friendly and work hard to keep the service running smoothly
Pros
Brilliant staff perks
Cons
Hours can be challenging at times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Audley Villages. Our community is ready to answer.