ATOS Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 2,193 reviews
Stuck in the 180's
Customer Service Operative (Former Employee) –  Preston15 September 2019
Unapproachable inexperienced bits of kids as management - Too quick to sack people on the spot for reasons you don't get sacked on the spot for - Pander to the demands of the Asian Mafia who run the place - Terms and conditions changed to suit and if you complain you're told "You chose to come here" Money is poor - You can't book leave unless you're part of the clique - Shocking company to work for
Excellent place to work
MPS First Line Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire1 September 2019
I have worked for atos for 3 years now and have found the company an absolute pleasure to work for. Staff and time management is excellent and the company are always willing to help.
Another one bites the dust!
Disability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 August 2019
Very high turnover of staff. Poor management, often feels like groundhog Day!
Money is really good & that's often the only reason people stay. But I would rather be skint in a job where I'm happy and have a better work life balance.
productive workplace
Technican (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 June 2019
Line manager open and flexible and understood work life balance
Free from manager interference to get on with your role, no micro management
constant offshoring meant some low morale and job insecurity
low pay increments and progression opportunities
No team events and travel restricted
Lots of OT
Pros
low pay increments
Cons
Lots of out of hours work
Stupid Management
Technical Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eastwood City21 June 2019
The work is bearable with the help of a healthy and happy environment with the help of your colleagues but the problem is with the management. Too many things have changed after the "cost-cutting" thingy happened. They will change your schedule without considering your family and health issues, without your confirmation, it's as if you're just a chess piece on the game.
No problem with the workload, it's just on how they manage employees.
Good Place to work
First Line Support (Former Employee) –  Crewe17 June 2019
Typical day was good, very different day to day always creating a challenge

I learned how to use all the different systems like BES Servers, RAS servers, Active directory etc

Management were good majority of the time but there sometimes felt there was a lack of support and also a feeling of being told what you want to hear

Culture was very good as a mix of people come through the doors but everyone would pull together in times of need

HArdest part was days of huge call volumes meaning tickets could not always be actioned along with call backs

Enjoyable part of the job was always the people i worked with creating a positive vibe and and good work place friendships
Pros
flexibility for working hours
Cons
poor management
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2019
Management dont have a clue and dont admit when they are wrong. No progression, just dead mans shoes, unless you move around the company and relocate.
being an SDM
IT Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 June 2019
Typical days involve lots of voice calls, mainly with overseas colleagues and engagement on daily issues and improvements. work can be fast pace, hardest part of the role is making process change
Pros
flexibility of working hours
Cons
recognition by management of career progression
Poor management, shocking pay
1st Line Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire15 May 2019
At my time at ATOS i can say the mangement are poor, all of them are best friends and there is now change to progress. Unless you lick the managers bums they will not like you. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people there
Pros
People there.
Cons
Poor pay, terrible management, boring work
Extremely Interesting and Well Managed
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 May 2019
-I worked as a Project Manager Intern for 1 year
-Learnt essential project management skills and communication/vital people skills
-Fantastic management and flexibility
-Extremely interesting culture as I worked in a global team
-Adjusting to working in a global culture rather than working with the people you sit next to
-GIA culture and getting involved in vital projects
ATOS as a whole okay
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire13 May 2019
Working with them on a temporary basis the turn over of staff was quite high. Rates of pay as low as they can pay. In the location I was in there was limited parking so it was made available on a rota basis after a qualifying period therefore travel had to be by public transport which was difficult if buses did not arrive on time which could make you late. Time management was quite harsh but some appeared to get away with it.
Pros
It was a job!
Cons
Too many to mention
Forget about being a nurse
HCP (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 May 2019
Horrific. Standard of training is awful, especially in mental health! The lack of knowledge was frightening. Training weeks away from home were ok. Once you return, it's horrific. Pressure. Pressure. Do not question even the spelling of a word let alone the construction of a sentence! Daily told that I must "take my nursing hat off"! Not allowed to call a client back who was in tears. Not my thing at all and not what I trained for. Some people seemed "happy" but the majority of staff appeared to be there for the working hours or because they could no longer work as a nurse due to injuries etc. Pay and benefits are good but these are "Bribes" to get you in and stay. Don't be fooled. Also, no matter your training background, you assess any applicants whether this is your speciality or not.
Pros
I got paid and some staff were lovely.
Cons
Poor training, pressure, lose your empathy
Good place to work with different shifts to pick from
Technical Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Letchworth, Hertfordshire7 May 2019
The job itself was a good place to begin one's career in being in IT 1st Line Support Technician, as new employees get taught about the various software and equipment and helpful on how to proceed on fixing things and passing tickets along.
Pros
Choose holidays, helpful staff, training before starting the job at earneest
Cons
Tight end/start times
Work place was friendly
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire22 April 2019
I enjoyed working at autos, the people there were friendly and easy to talk to the managers were extremely supportive along side the other colleagues .
Lack of management support
Assistant Client Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 March 2019
Throughout my time at Atos there has been a serious lack in support from the management, this is either in putting me on an account too soon and causing me unneeded stress and throughout my apprenticeship they were unwilling to help me with my work.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No management help, poor salary
Versatile environment
Storage/Unix Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnersh, Berkshire4 March 2019
The people are kind, smart and supportive. They are a cutting edge technology company and visionary. They have good work culture to support employees.
Don't lower your professional standards to work here
Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth8 February 2019
You are lured in by the extensive training which bears no resemblance to reality as once you are in post, you will be expected to assess 4 people per day irrelevant of complexity, condition or emotional state. If you don't achieve this, you will be performance managed. Considering an assessment can take an hour and an hour to write up - 8 hours per day without tea and loo breaks is the norm.
If you can speed type, you will do better
Managers are target driven and incentivised to make you work quicker and so have no empathy or understanding of your work load.
Lunch breaks don't happen as you will have someone to assess.
Your assessments are then audited by remote workers who may vary in opinion and you will generally spend your own time correcting these (on top of your 4 assessments)
You will never feel any sense of achievement and will lose your skills and self worth.
It is stressful, demoralising and a poor use of your skills. Please don't consider this post. I have several lovely colleagues on mental health medication because of this.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Disrespectful mangers, work life balance, poor staff welfare, waste of public money
Didn't like it much
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 January 2019
I'd rather not say. I didn't like it there. It may be to some people's taste, but it wasn't to mine. The money was fantastic, but there was no work life balance.
Great team of people to work with in your day to day working life
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire24 January 2019
I was fortunate to be able to work from home as well as the office, although I preferred working in the office, as people could pop in and discuss their issues at any time, as I enjoyed the flexibility of the position. I learned over the 30 years I was there all about people and how they work and hopefully helped them to progress and enjoy their time at the company. The culture was customer driven and they were your obvious priority, as they in turn were looking after and managing their customers. The hardest part of the job was redundancies and dealing with those over the years as it would be a part of the job that from time to time would have to be dealt with. The most enjoyable part of the job was building the different teams and the people within them to succeed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Possible long days with little or no breaks
Better place to work with new oppurtunites
Sr Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  United KIngdom6 January 2019
Good company to work for.
Very good team spirit.
New opportunities provided always.Always a better place to work for.
Work from home option available if needed which is an added advantage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATOS. Our community is ready to answer.